• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McCoy and the Browns have no problem with Detroit

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocking! Detroit sucks and The Browns first team offense obliterated the Lions first team D. Ours? Not so much.

0-16.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
With Holmgren in charge and McCoy coming into his own as a solid QB expect the Browns to be "competitive" (in the literal sense, not the MB sense)...

The Bengals might be returning to cellar for a long, long time

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And if you really want to see what seperates the long term prospects of the two Ohio franchises look no further than last draft day...

The Bengals passed up an offer of two first rd picks, a second rd pick, and two fourth rd picks for AJ Green...

5 minutes later the Browns accept the same offer for Julio Jones

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals f.o. just isn't about winning anymore.
They need depth at several positions, but they don't understand the need for depth. They just think we are 1 or 2 players away.

They gave up on common sense long ago.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey, all we need is a good safety, a good DE, a G, another G, a QB, and a new HC.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And if you really want to see what seperates the long term prospects of the two Ohio franchises look no further than last draft day...

The Bengals passed up an offer of two first rd picks, a second rd pick, and two fourth rd picks for AJ Green...

5 minutes later the Browns accept the same offer for Julio Jones

I'm still debating whether this was worse than the Akili fiasco.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's right there alongside it. How many times can an owner turn down a boatload of picks for one player. And don't get me wrong. AJ Green is going to be an all pro receiver. But really?

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's definitely worse than a 1st and 3rd for Chad. Much much much worse.

It's depressing just thinking about it.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be a homer here, but what the heck.....

I figure AJ Green might be the best prospect drafted in the top 10 this season. It was either him or Peterson from the can't miss department and Peterson is starting to look more and more like a tweener. We were lucky to get Green.

Now compare Green's potential to how the Bengals would have used the extra picks. How many of our draft picks actually turn out? Do you really believe the extra picks would help?

Of course AJ will never fulfill his potential with our limited offensive talent, but all things considered we were probably better off keeping him than wasting all the picks we would have received by trading him.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I see your point, but with more picks, odds are, at least a few would have been worth it, and maybe we would have gotten a solid G or DE in the later part of the 1st round.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I figure AJ Green might be the best prospect drafted in the top 10 this season. It was either him or Peterson from the can't miss department and Peterson is starting to look more and more like a tweener. We were lucky to get Green.

Now compare Green's potential to how the Bengals would have used the extra picks. How many of our draft picks actually turn out? Do you really believe the extra picks would help?
Of course AJ will never fulfill his potential with our limited offensive talent, but all things considered we were probably better off keeping him than wasting all the picks we would have received by trading him.

Andre Johnson is a HOF talent. arguably as good as any WR to come into the leauge in 15 or 20 yrs, all things considered... He's going into his 9th season and is yet to even play on a team that makes the playoffs..

Calvin Johnson was probably a top 3 WR the yr his team went 0-16...

I'm not arbitrarly cherry picking WRs either. I'm picking the two players who I consider the gold standard at the position (along with maybe Fitzgerald).

Giving up that much for a single WR prospect is a luxury only a team who thinks they're one playmaker away from a SB can afford. that offer was an absolute gift...

your point that the Bengals would have F'ed up the boatload of picks from the trade is probably valid, but that only highlights the problems further

icehole3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
you guys have short memories, all the draft calculators showed the Bengals did the right thing, they calculated all the picks vs the no.4 pick and it was in the Bengals favor to keep the pick, I can go back and search the stories on profootballtalk.com

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
you guys have short memories, all the draft calculators showed the Bengals did the right thing, they calculated all the picks vs the no.4 pick and it was in the Bengals favor to keep the pick, I can go back and search the stories on profootballtalk.com

first of all you can't even "calculate" the worth of the picks until you know where the Falcons are drafting next season. Matt Ryan could miss half the season with an injury and the could struggle to go 6-10. The Bucs could take a step up and leave the Falcons 10-6, but out of the playoffs. Julio Jones could put them over the top and they make the SB...

i just looked at the draft calculator and it's a very, very fair offer.

at the end of the day it's 2 firsts, 1 second, and two fourths for a WR who's yet to step on an NFL field...

if they take that trade, and also traded their disgruntled QB for either a 1st or 2 2nds (values that have been suggested) the team would be ready to run the NFL. all they would have to do at that point is hire a GM

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

In that case Brown made the correct choice in not trading Chad for a 1st and guaranteed 3rd considering Chad at the time was one of the best WR in the game.

IMO, no WR - not a single one - is worth a high 1st round pick and guaranteed 3rd round pick. And then bump that up to 2 firsts (albeit lower picks), 1 second, and 2 fourths for a receiver who has never played a down in the league and it's a no-brainer. As bad as they wanted Green, we probably could've stole another 2nd out of them.

I've always thought of the "the Bengals would have ruined the pick anyways" argument as silly. They ruin every player too, so what's the point in going after talented players like we always complain Brown doesn't? And who the hell cares who we draft?

End of the day, we have a lot of holes, especially in the lines. A bunch of extra picks could have gone a long way in finding talent. And WR especially could have waited. There's no point in finding a great WR when you don't have a QB, o-line, or offense.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't buy into the "draft calculator". If you draft well, and get a pro bowl caliber player with that late 1st round pick, and a few starters, then it's worth it.

icehole3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
you guys may not care but the teams do or they wouldnt be using the thing, I believe in stockpiling picks too, but if the teams bring it up and I heard Scheffler talk about teams using the calculator time and time too during the draft, its an important tool the teams use even though fans dont like it

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No doubting the teams use it, and Mike Brown, since he doesn't know what he's doing, probably bases every decision around it.