• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McClain to get 4 game suspension

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Substance abuse. Thanks for last year :L

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it with these guys?

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a four game suspension. It's a four game fine. The next time it would be a four game suspension. At least that's how I understand it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a four game suspension. It's a four game fine. The next time it would be a four game suspension. At least that's how I understand it.
You may be right, they were talking about it on NFL radio, originally reported suspension, now as fine. Either way, coupled with the arson questions, this guy is costing himself some bucks

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a 4 Game Check fine now

If he screws up again its a 4 game suspension.

Either way McClain just cost himself some serious MONEY!!!!!!! besides using whatever he used to test positive.

SMH

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct and it actually may work better for Dallas cause this guy is looking at close to league minimum

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little too vague for me to worry about right now. My concern with us signing McClain all along was if he was going to get a big deal that he didn't earn in his limited time. He was hurt nonstop last year so My worry was more all of the injuries and if he loses the desire to play again. I wasn't thinking any substance abuse, but maybe this works out in our favor in the long run if it keeps his years and dollars down a little and we end up resigning him. The guy that was on the field last year for us was very impressive and can help us a lot going forward. Maybe we end up with a 2 year reasonable deal now.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct and it actually may work better for Dallas cause this guy is looking at close to league minimum

That was my thought too. If there were any teams looking at him and thinking he had figured it out and might be worth a long term contract, they just got their eyes opened.

I'd bet Stephen makes an offer that is ok but not long term and protects the teams cap space at all cost. Something like a 2 year deal with the 2nd being a team option and almost no guaranteed money.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree with you and Ford, he likely will passed over by other teams concerned about his issues with the arson and substance issues and the Cowboys could get him for league minimum or slightly more. He was effective when on the field last year. Would take a flyer again on team friendly deal

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would it even have to be drugs? With all of his troubles and retirements, could he be in a classification that prevents alcohol?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and this article just summed that up pretty well.

They only wild card is the drugs. If it's coke ....who cares. But HGH or any PED ..then there is a chance his revival was helped by the drugs. Without them, is he a different guy? Who knows.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/co...made-cowboys-linebacker-decision-for-them.ece

Really? I care if we are talking about perhaps commiting to the guy for a couple of years. Whatever it is could result in a suspension if he can't kick it and I sure as Hell don't want to act like doing coke is nothing for an NFL player today.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting if they do bring McClain back. That would shift Lee to WLB, which would set Lee up for a monster year in Rod's system

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting if they do bring McClain back. That would shift Lee to WLB, which would set Lee up for a monster year in Rod's system

I really worry about Lee staying on the field as well, he cant seem to catch a break

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really worry about Lee staying on the field as well, he cant seem to catch a break
I think the Will works better for Lee, both as a playmaker, and to lessen the beating he'd take in the middle. Plus Hitchens would give us nice depth at either spot. I'm with you though, hard to count on a full season from Lee

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Will works better for Lee, both as a playmaker, and to lessen the beating he'd take in the middle. Plus Hitchens would give us nice depth at either spot. I'm with you though, hard to count on a full season from Lee

LB's look to be a position of depth if we keep a couple of the FA guys. Need to address S and CB through FA or draft as well. Rod back at the helm and the D should improve again this year

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LB's look to be a position of depth if we keep a couple of the FA guys. Need to address S and CB through FA or draft as well. Rod back at the helm and the D should improve again this year
Yep, I think we may sign a fringe starter at S and corner, and draft BPA in the draft. McClay has proven he knows his stuff, the Cowboys draft is in good hands IMO, as long as Jerry continues to keep himself in check

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree....if everything works out, LB will be a strength.
Plus 2 for a safety & CB additions.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I care if we are talking about perhaps commiting to the guy for a couple of years. Whatever it is could result in a suspension if he can't kick it and I sure as Hell don't want to act like doing coke is nothing for an NFL player today.

We know for a fact he was fined for drugs. So your either in the camp that you done with him now or your willing to trust him to stay clean and get a discount on the contract.

I'm ready to trust him now so it's irrelevant if it turns out to be coke. I'm not dismissing coke use in general.

The double edge sword is PED's. Even if he stays clean you still run the risk of getting a guy who can't perform at the same level without the PED's