• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Vampire League

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given my lacking roster I don’t want you guys touching anyone!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to remind everybody that the draft is coming up this Monday night August 26th at 8:00pm. The ten non-vampire teams will be doing their 16 round draft first followed by the vampires drafting all as part of the same draft due to some commish magic with the draft pick trading. Since we are drafting earlier than we wanted to, all non-drafted players will be free agents until the first game of the regular season and then they will be put on waivers. At that point, no non-vampire team will be allowed to make any transactions unless they have a player that is put on the actual NFL IR. There is no way for me to set ESPN to do any of this stuff, so please help me out. In ESPN you can put a player in an IR spot once they are ruled out for a game, but that is not what we are using it for. They can only be put there if they are put on the NFL IR and then you can pick somebody up only after waivers have processed for the week and everybody is a free agent. In most weeks there shouldn't be any transactions for non-vampire teams and that includes trades. There is no trading between teams. The only trades will be when a player gets vampired from a non-vampire team. Everybody needs to keep the no transactions rule in mind when they are drafting. If you only draft one tight end, kicker, or defense, then you will have a blank spot there during their bye or if that player gets injured and isn't put on IR (like Greg Olsen last year when he missed 6 weeks but was never put on IR). And this is the reason I wanted more than 16 rounds because everybody is used to just picking up an extra kicker, defense, or tight end during their bye weeks, but you will not be able to do that here. The other thing to keep in mind is that suspended or holding out players also can't be put on IR, so if you draft Melvin Gordon and he ends up sitting out the entire season, you are just shit out of luck with that wasted roster spot because you can't drop him or put him on IR. You are starting 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 D/ST, 1 K and 7 bench spots. It is full point PPR scoring. Good luck to everybody!! (except TLance and Trudem). This is a very strange league, because I feel like I want to win, but the higher priority is just for us not to let one of the vampires win, and I'm sure that the vampires feel the opposite way.

[QUOTE="Bandit, post: 13694187, member: 5611"]Just so everybody knows, ESPN won't let me change the players to free agents since I chose waivers as the process. Therefore you can put in for waivers (which will process every Wednesday morning) or wait until they become free agents. I have no idea if the players will be waived again next week or if they will stay free agents until the season starts, but regardless, I will be resetting the waiver order to reverse order of draft once the season starts. That really only matters to the vampires at that time, but that's what I'll be doing anyway. I'll go over some more of the rules once we get a little bit closer in case you need a refresher.[/QUOTE]
So the plan was to have them all as FA until the season starts - but sounds like (for anything immediate) you'll have to use a waiver claim instead due to ESPN setting.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the plan was to have them all as FA until the season starts - but sounds like (for anything immediate) you'll have to use a waiver claim instead due to ESPN setting.
OK - got it.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes that's correct. You can make as many changes as you want as far as add/drops go just as if it's any other league until kickoff of the first game on Thursday September 5th. Normally that wouldn't be the case in a vampire league, but since we had to draft it earlier than I would have liked it seemed like the only fair way to do it in case something happens before the season starts like somebody getting cut. Without being able to replace them, they would just have to sit on your roster all year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team is awful

Wow.

Going to take 5 or 6 weeks of waiver adds before vamps are within striking distance in projections.

Definitely think 16 was the upper limit in roster size. Any bigger would have been insurmountable, IMO.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team is awful

Wow.

Going to take 5 or 6 weeks of waiver adds before vamps are within striking distance in projections.

Definitely think 16 was the upper limit in roster size. Any bigger would have been insurmountable, IMO.
Yeah I agree. The other teams alos getting to tweak their rosters before the season starts will make it tougher as well. I get it if there is an injury but letting them mine for gems is tough. Just takes ammo away from us

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree. The other teams alos getting to tweak their rosters before the season starts will make it tougher as well. I get it if there is an injury but letting them mine for gems is tough. Just takes ammo away from us

In some cases (like mine) folks are trying to back ups at kicker (In my case) and/or defense because they didn't during the draft. Means returning a decent player back to the pool. Your welcomed.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't see it as being that big of a deal before the season especially since we can't trade or make waiver transactions once the season starts. I know it looks grim for you vampires right now, but once we start getting into the season I think you'll find that having open access to waivers is going to make it a lot easier. You can have a completely different lineup each week if you want. You can stream defenses and kickers and even quarterbacks to the matchups they have and the rest of us can't do any of that. At running back and wide receiver is where it will make the biggest difference, but all it takes is an injury to a Joe Mixon or Dalvin Cook or Leonard Fournette and you guys will have the access to their backup. I think there will be enough of those instances that you'll be a lot more competitive than you think. I honestly believe that the hardest aspect of the way we are doing it is that there are two vampires, so you guys are going to get to fight with each other over the prized pickup of the week whereas in most vampire leagues there is only one vampire.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we weren't allowed to make any moves after the draft. That's kind of the whole point of this exercise, isn't it?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we weren't allowed to make any moves after the draft. That's kind of the whole point of this exercise, isn't it?

Well yes and no. Ideally we would have done this draft like the day before the season started, but that wasn't feasible for some people, so since we had to draft earlier I think the fairest way to combat that is let everybody make changes until the first game. I honestly don't think it will change much other than allowing people that wanted a 2nd defense or 2nd tight end and didn't draft one because they panicked a way to correct that.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKO's Silver Spikes

Playing the Vampires in weeks 7 and 9. I drafted accordingly, and have no byes then. This didn't really alter my plans that much, despite the great options on those weeks.

QB - Brady and Jackson
Safety and upside. Wanted Rivers, but just missed him. Lamar is scary in this league, due to risk.

RB - Cook, Carson, Jacobs, Mack, Darwin
Was aiming WR in the 2nd, but couldn't pass Cook. I'm all in on the Darwin theory.

WR - Nuk, Dede, Robby, MVS
Would have settled with three WR, but bye weeks made me hit up a fourth. Probably a good idea anyway...even if it cost me a second K. Still, probably a weak PPR group.

TE - Engram, Andrews
Dumb of me to take Engram with a week 11 bye when my sleeper shares that bye week. Oh well.

DST - Bills, Ravens
Sign me up.

K - Prater
Always Prater.

Vamps should be armed and dangerous by weeks 7 and 9.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKO's Silver Spikes

Playing the Vampires in weeks 7 and 9. I drafted accordingly, and have no byes then. This didn't really alter my plans that much, despite the great options on those weeks.

QB - Brady and Jackson
Safety and upside. Wanted Rivers, but just missed him. Lamar is scary in this league, due to risk.

RB - Cook, Carson, Jacobs, Mack, Darwin
Was aiming WR in the 2nd, but couldn't pass Cook. I'm all in on the Darwin theory.

WR - Nuk, Dede, Robby, MVS
Would have settled with three WR, but bye weeks made me hit up a fourth. Probably a good idea anyway...even if it cost me a second K. Still, probably a weak PPR group.

TE - Engram, Andrews
Dumb of me to take Engram with a week 11 bye when my sleeper shares that bye week. Oh well.

DST - Bills, Ravens
Sign me up.

K - Prater
Always Prater.

Vamps should be armed and dangerous by weeks 7 and 9.
Good...that means no one will be protected when I beat you

:suds:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....

Question about waivers.

I am using my claim on Friday.

Non-vampire teams should only be able to use free agency, right? Just like the regular season?

I definitely do not think I should be 12th in waiver order after using my spot.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....

Question about waivers.

I am using my claim on Friday.

Non-vampire teams should only be able to use free agency, right? Just like the regular season?

I definitely do not think I should be 12th in waiver order after using my spot.

I'll be resetting the waivers once they process. Until the season starts, you will always be 1 and Trudem will always be 2. Then the first week of the regular season you will start off 1 and he will start off 2, but then waivers won't reset after that. It won't matter where anybody else is other than you and Trudem once the season starts because nobody else is allowed to use a waiver claim anyway.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just making certain I am still legal. I picked up Golden Tate and put N'Keal Harry or the IR.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright guys, here's a small recap of some of the rules:

Once the first game is played on Thursday, only the vampire teams can put in waiver claims and make free agent transactions. If you have a player that is put on the actual NFL IR, then you are allowed to move them to an IR spot (or drop them) and pick up somebody else, but you can only do that after waivers have cleared and all the players are free agents. The player you pick up must also be at the same position that the player you put on IR is.

There is also no trading allowed. The only trading will be when a vampire team wins and they get to vampire a player from you.

When you set your lineup to play the vampire each week you must have a full starting lineup, but you can "hide" one of or all of your best players on your bench to protect them from being vampired. Now the rest of the league is going to want to kill you for doing this and you will probably be relentlessly chastised, but you do have that option. If the vampire team beats you head-to-head, then they will trade one of the players in their starting lineup for one of the players in your starting lineup. The players must be at the same position so they can't trade a kicker for a running back. Flex spots will be considered whatever main position they play.

That's about it for now. There will be some other things once we get to the playoffs, but that will only matter if you make it that far, so good luck to everybody except Tlance and Trudem. May you guys get garlic, sunlight, and a stake to the heart.

OBX and BK are up against the vampires first this week.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looks like both vampire teams are going down in week 1 although Tlance's game could have been a lot more interesting if he had made a few different lineup decisions. And it's entirely possible that TKO is going to put 200 points on the board this week. Pretty damn impressive TKO.