• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Suicide League A vs. B Challenge

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019 Suicide A Draft.png Hey Harold well Watson went earlier in 5 where i wanted to get him...

so drafting from same spot should show somewhat equal teams however it always is effected by who drafted and how the draft went...

funny thing here is Mayfield went in about same spot in B as Watson went in A yet Watson only went in 6 in B

it is great to line up the A draft against the B and see the differences... anyhow on to the task at hand

Wr Allen, Cupp Fuller ----- JuJu Coop Ridley i think i win the starters

Samuel Campbell ----- Pettis is my only bench as i went 2 TE well i guess 2 bench beats 1 but i think Pettis could be a starter on either team by mid season

Chubb Mixon ------ Chubb Miller well pretty obvious and expected as you went rb rb with first 2 picks...

Penny Freeman on the bench vs Ito and Hunt.... you may win here or do you heaven forbid late this year something goes wrong with Chubb i have the right backup...

Qb Wilson---- Mayfield believe it or not im thinking a possible wash or even a Mayfield win he sure has a lot of weapons... backup which should matter but if it comes into play it never hurts having Brady on the bench....

TE Vance vs Herdon again no studs here but i do like both considering the draft value i let Vance slide in late 9 hoping for him or Njoku on the way back in 10 alas both gone so i grabbed Brady at 10 and was able to get Herdon later

so based on that info im full of it if i dont state that you win Vance vs Herndon but i really feel i close the gap with Olsen on the banch if he has a (very potential) bounce back year

D well we never know so unpredictable year to year my heart is in Houston as yours is in Seattle so.. lets wash this out...

well it is suicide so we shall see...

weekly the question is can my 3wr outscore you enough to cover the obvious deficit created by Mixon vs Miller..... if the Red Rifle sucks Mixon could see less field yet i think this really should be Mixon's year....

as for the rest i think its really a wash only time will tell....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Us Barbarians are hard to tell apart?:nod:

Not sure what your basing your projections with Pettit on. He didn’t stand out last season with the 49ers.

View attachment 206081

Apparently the 49er feel they needed better at the position because they went and drafted a couple of WRs after failing to trade for Odell.

He barely got on the field before week 10.

Then, when he did, he had 4 big games in a row before getting hurt week 15.

Week 11: 4 catches 77 yards and a TD
Week 12: 5 catches 129 yards and 2 TDs
Week 13: 3 catches 49 yards and a TD
Week 14: 5 catches 83 yards

He is their number 1 WR this year. Expect a breakout.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Us Barbarians are hard to tell apart?:nod:

Not sure what your basing your projections with Pettit on. He didn’t stand out last season with the 49ers.

View attachment 206081

Apparently the 49er feel they needed better at the position because they went and drafted a couple of WRs after failing to trade for Odell.
I too heard whispers that Pettis is no lock for a starting gig. I'd bet my five bucks that he does end up being the Niners #1, but understandable to be suspicious. I do think he's gotta earn it

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Words from the master. ..... :hail: no second guessing here. ...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That week 12 game was against the Seahawks.:mad2: Seahawks had the game in hand when Pettis ran a crossing pattern and ended going 75 yards for a TD on a play. Someone blow his coverage on that play. Take that away and his stats really aren't impressive.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That week 12 game was against the Seahawks.:mad2: Seahawks had the game in hand when Pettis ran a crossing pattern and ended going 75 yards for a TD on a play. Someone blow his coverage on that play. Take that away and his stats really aren't impressive.

Ok.

But he was a rookie who went from being seldom used to posting useful numbers before he got hurt.

The 49ers drafting so many WRs is not a knock on Pettis.

Everything I have read suggests that it is more a knock on Goodwin who they want to use as a gadget guy.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.

But he was a rookie who went from being seldom used to posting useful numbers before he got hurt.

The 49ers drafting so many WRs is not a knock on Pettis.

Everything I have read suggests that it is more a knock on Goodwin who they want to use as a gadget guy.

I like Pettis a lot, but man, that '9ers training camp looks like it's gonna be crazy. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other then David Montgomery and Emmanuel Sanders all my picks at most 2 before that player was picked in A league.

Yes I am being double jointed in my elbow and patting myself on the back

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just noticing some things.
  • Titans had a top-10 fantasy defense and allowed the 3rd fewest points, yet were not picked. (Yet the Lions, Browns and 49ers were.)
  • Fairbairn is the 4th-rated kicker per ECR and technically, he is not signed to a team yet.
  • Despite Devonta Freeman coming off an injury marred season, no one in B picked up Ito Smith.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are still 3 WR's drafted in B still on the board in the seventh round of the coma draft.

Thanks for these Joe. These and the ones after the KOTF/BATG drafts are some of my favorite parts of the entire season.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are still 3 WR's drafted in B still on the board in the seventh round of the coma draft.

Thanks for these Joe. These and the ones after the KOTF/BATG drafts are some of my favorite parts of the entire season.

Let me guess AJ Brown, Isabella, and Emmanuel Sanders?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me guess AJ Brown, Isabella, and Emmanuel Sanders?

Apologies, I mispoke. Through round 6..not 7

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, Manny has been selected...and I shall not be the name dropper!! Seeing as that's generally my role, I'm proud to say, "not today!". :)

I believe I just went from patting myself on the back to inserting my foot in my mouth. I need to go out for the circus as the Amazing Rubber Man.:thumb:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so I haven't had a chance to do this yet, but drafting from the #3 spot it's Chef and I again. This time we only have one player in common so the matchup could be all over the place:

QB - Patrick Mahommes vs. Baker Mayfield and Ben Roethlisberger

If Chef chooses correctly each week this could end up pretty close. And if Mahommes gets hurt I'm obviously completely screwed. I get the slight advantage here.

RB - Saquon Barkley vs Christian McCaffery
Kerryon Johnson vs Kerryon Johnson
James White vs. Justice Hill
Austin Ekeler vs Kareem Hunt
Dion Lewis vs nobody

So I have to give myself the advantage at running back. Barkley over McCaffery just because it's standard and not PPR, we have the same RB2, and I like my depth at running back. We both drafted two in the first four rounds and then waited. Chef could be in big trouble if either McCaffery or Johnson gets injured in the early part of the season because Hunt won't be around and Hill might not have a role yet.

WR - Sammy Watkins vs Juju Smith-Schuster
Allen Robinson vs Dante Pettis
Marvin Jones vs. N'Keal Harry
Will Fuller vs Larry Fitzgerald
Geronimo Allison vs Christian Kirk

This will be the most interesting matchup. Every one of my guys has injury history which is awesome for this format. If any of the three of them can stay healthy each week I like my chances. Chef doubled up in Arizona so he must be sold on the Klingsbury effect. I think Chef gets small edge by having Juju, but it's close.

TE - Travis Kelce vs. George Kittle

push. Both are great players and one of the top three at their position. Just a matter of them staying healthy.

D/ST - Vikings vs. Saints

Slight advantage to me here

K - Butker vs. Maher

Who the hell knows, they are kickers.

I think if Mahommes stays healthy I win this thing. Not because he will outscore Chef's quarterbacks by a ton, but because if he gets hurt I have no backup so I'm screwed. But hell I outscored Chef by 80 points last year and he still beat me 6-5 in the challenge, so he's crafty and sneaky.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKO vs Milk (5th spot)

QB-

Jared Goff and Big Ben vs Cousins and Darnold- TKO wins this on paper... But personally, I give myself the win.... Both the steelers and Rams are trending down, while the Vikings and Jets are both trending up... Superbowl Losers(rams) generally struggle the next season... and the rams are all about Gurley, if he is healthy they continue to be a run first offense, if he is not healthy then the team loses their #1 offensive weapon, and it is not like the team has any ELITE receivers... Also, deciding between Big ben and Goff every week may be a difficult decision... chances are that the wrong decision will be made many times this season...

TKO has the advantage, but I call it EXTREMELY minimal...

RB-

James Conner, Dalvin Cook, Aaron jones, Kenyon Drake Vs Josh Jacobs, Philip Lindsay, Lamar Miller, Miles Sanders

This is not close, TKO wins this.... With that said, TKO made his fantasy life difficult by needing to decide which 2 of those RBs to start every week... And for the same reasons I am Low on Big Ben, I am not sold on Conner... He is my AVOID in the first round...

WR-

Kenny Golladay, Dede Westbrook, Tyrell Williams, Golden tate Vs Deandre Hopkins, Antonio Brown, Corey davis, DJ Metcalf, Andy Isabella

Just like the RBs weren't close, this one is probably even a bigger landslide. Having only 4 WRs in a league we start 3 is very gutsy, especially with the 4 chosen.... Milk has 2 top 10 WRs and then a rising star in Davis, and 2 rookies...

TE- Rudolph vs Ertz- both players are in the back end of their careers. But ertz is still an elite receiver when he plays.

Clear win for milk

Defense- saints and cowboys vs Jaguars. I like the jaguars more than both of TKOs defenses. but having 2 is a pretty significant advantage. As he can play matchups better.

I will call this a tie

Kickers- prater vs lutz

Tie

Overall. I think I have the better chances. Tko has too many in season decisions and lacks depth in the position he is weakest in.

Milk wins this matchup 9-5

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so I haven't had a chance to do this yet, but drafting from the #3 spot it's Chef and I again. This time we only have one player in common so the matchup could be all over the place:

QB - Patrick Mahommes vs. Baker Mayfield and Ben Roethlisberger

If Chef chooses correctly each week this could end up pretty close. And if Mahommes gets hurt I'm obviously completely screwed. I get the slight advantage here.

RB - Saquon Barkley vs Christian McCaffery
Kerryon Johnson vs Kerryon Johnson
James White vs. Justice Hill
Austin Ekeler vs Kareem Hunt
Dion Lewis vs nobody

So I have to give myself the advantage at running back. Barkley over McCaffery just because it's standard and not PPR, we have the same RB2, and I like my depth at running back. We both drafted two in the first four rounds and then waited. Chef could be in big trouble if either McCaffery or Johnson gets injured in the early part of the season because Hunt won't be around and Hill might not have a role yet.

WR - Sammy Watkins vs Juju Smith-Schuster
Allen Robinson vs Dante Pettis
Marvin Jones vs. N'Keal Harry
Will Fuller vs Larry Fitzgerald
Geronimo Allison vs Christian Kirk

This will be the most interesting matchup. Every one of my guys has injury history which is awesome for this format. If any of the three of them can stay healthy each week I like my chances. Chef doubled up in Arizona so he must be sold on the Klingsbury effect. I think Chef gets small edge by having Juju, but it's close.

TE - Travis Kelce vs. George Kittle

push. Both are great players and one of the top three at their position. Just a matter of them staying healthy.

D/ST - Vikings vs. Saints

Slight advantage to me here

K - Butker vs. Maher

Who the hell knows, they are kickers.

I think if Mahommes stays healthy I win this thing. Not because he will outscore Chef's quarterbacks by a ton, but because if he gets hurt I have no backup so I'm screwed. But hell I outscored Chef by 80 points last year and he still beat me 6-5 in the challenge, so he's crafty and sneaky.

This is, like, a perfect analysis. I think you kinda took it easy on me with running backs. Lol, talk about suicide! :pound::pound::pound:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone been bitten yet?