• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Suicide League A vs. B Challenge

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That puts less importance on TE, imo

I would think a 6th bench spot would be an easier sell.
I agree. Heck just turning the third WR into a flex WR/RB/TE would appeal to me more. I won’t be against a extra bench spot either. However I’m fine with how it is set up now ( except for the slow draft, that’s for masochist and sadist folk).

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I'm not proposing the idea of a 6th bench spot.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Heck just turning the third WR into a flex WR/RB/TE would appeal to me more. I won’t be against a extra bench spot either. However I’m fine with how it is set up now ( except for the slow draft, that’s for masochist and sadist folk).

a full flex ruins the integrity IMO... because the league is all about surviving injury... if you are putting a RB in the flex then you are not sacrificing anything towards your team...

if you have to put a TE in at flex, then you are hit by injury... unless you planned it and drafted two elite TE, which may be a valid strategy on draft day...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a full flex ruins the integrity IMO... because the league is all about surviving injury... if you are putting a RB in the flex then you are not sacrificing anything towards your team...

if you have to put a TE in at flex, then you are hit by injury... unless you planned it and drafted two elite TE, which may be a valid strategy on draft day...
Well we all load up on RBs to cover injury already, so all it means is you might get more bang for the buck with your Extra RBs. Not expecting that to get adapted. Making room for a extra TE seems pointless, after a small handful they are all mostly chumps. So why do that? So you can gamble on a injury prone TE and still have room for that chump? No thanks. You want to draft a TE like Reeds you take your chances, no insurance policies.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well im sorry if my simple truth is boring or even ignorant

suicide is suicide its fine...

it has been this way for whole time i have been here

so ill say it bluntly again an apologize in advance for the lack of vision but take the changes elsewhere where they are needed

if it aint broke dont fix it

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well im sorry if my simple truth is boring or even ignorant

suicide is suicide its fine...

it has been this way for whole time i have been here

so ill say it bluntly again an apologize in advance for the lack of vision but take the changes elsewhere where they are needed

if it aint broke dont fix it
Meh, minor twicks are no big deal. Just because it’s not broke , doesn’t mean it’s as good as it get. Reminds me of the father talking to his son. “ Son why don’t you listen to my twenty years of experience?”
Son to father “ actually it’s one year experience repeated twenty times”

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, minor twicks are no big deal. Just because it’s not broke , doesn’t mean it’s as good as it get. Reminds me of the father talking to his son. “ Son why don’t you listen to my twenty years of experience?”
Son to father “ actually it’s one year experience repeated twenty times”
Going to add to the “If it’s not broke don’t fix it”mentally. Riding horses worked for the longest time for transportation, it wasn’t broke so no need for cars and airplanes, right? We all need to consider changes for their merit, not just vote down a idea because what we have works.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to add to the “If it’s not broke don’t fix it”mentally. Riding horses worked for the longest time for transportation, it wasn’t broke so no need for cars and airplanes, right? We all need to consider changes for their merit, not just vote down a idea because what we have works.
I think anyone with saddlesores, a bow legged walk, or the need to travel faster would seriously disagree with riding horseback as an example of not being broke

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
devils advocate..the standard spring loaded mousetrap wasn't broke, but there have been countless improvements, more effective, more efficient. Yet everyone still buys the original, the best bang for the buck, the frills are not needed.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think anyone with saddlesores, a bow legged walk, or the need to travel faster would seriously disagree with riding horseback as an example of not being broke
IDK they did it for the longest time. Pretty sure folks turned their noses up at the first attempts at a automobile. My point being changes need to be judged on their merit, not some auto reject attitude.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My family has been in the car business for 352 years, leave us out of this.:heh:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK they did it for the longest time. Pretty sure folks turned their noses up at the first attempts at a automobile. My point being changes need to be judged on their merit, not some auto reject attitude.
True. And like I mentioned, I think all the ideas presented in this thread would be, at worst, "acceptable" tweaks, maybe even good ones. Ones that if they got support, I'd be fine with. Doesn't mean I necessarily want them, ya know?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. And like I mentioned, I think all the ideas presented in this thread would be, at worst, "acceptable" tweaks, maybe even good ones. Ones that if they got support, I'd be fine with. Doesn't mean I necessarily want them, ya know?
Honestly I am not hankering for any changes myself ( well other then the slow draft, that got to get thrown to the wayside), I just dislike seeing ideas shot down simply because it’s a change, with out considering the merit of said change. Feel your with me on this.:suds:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I am not hankering for any changes myself ( well other then the slow draft, that got to get thrown to the wayside), I just dislike seeing ideas shot down simply because it’s a change, with out considering the merit of said change. Feel your with me on this.:suds:
It may not seem like it at first glance, but yes, I am, usually :) .

Things I'll dismiss out of hand are anything the fundamentally changes the entire league, and almost anything that makes things "easier", otherwise I'm all ears

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may not seem like it at first glance, but yes, I am, usually :) .

Things I'll dismiss out of hand are anything the fundamentally changes the entire league, and almost anything that makes things "easier", otherwise I'm all ears
Well being open to change is one of greatest attributes of mankind. Gives us a leg up over the apes and such.:thumb:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I figured I would get this back up towards the top of the threads again. I am going to keep track of the challenge again this year. These are the matchups and your playoff teams from last year are in bold. Four matchups between two playoff teams last year and four matchups between two teams that didn't make the playoffs last year. A league is listed first because they won the challenge last year (Thanks Foot). Same bet as last year, whichever league's member wins the challenge their league will be referred to as the A league next year (since there's really no A and B league in Suicide anyway):

Draft position 1 - Foot (our defending champ) vs. Milk (our defending runner-up)
Draft position 2 - Treff (our defending chump) vs. BK
Draft position 3 - Monkey vs. Steelers
Draft position 4 - Fuzzy vs. Harold
Draft position 5 - Lefty vs. Face
Draft position 6 - Tlance vs. Ritz
Draft position 7 - Joe vs. OBX
Draft position 8 - Bandit vs. Chef
Draft position 9 - Barilko vs. Trudem
Draft position 10 - TKO vs. Shady
Draft position 11 - Ram vs. Stomp
Draft position 12 - Sam vs. Jwolt92

Interesting that the two guys that faced each other in the championship last year are playing against each other this year.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that the two guys that faced each other in the championship last year are playing against each other this year.

Makes for Better TV

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I figured I would get this back up towards the top of the threads again. I am going to keep track of the challenge again this year. These are the matchups and your playoff teams from last year are in bold. Four matchups between two playoff teams last year and four matchups between two teams that didn't make the playoffs last year. A league is listed first because they won the challenge last year (Thanks Foot). Same bet as last year, whichever league's member wins the challenge their league will be referred to as the A league next year (since there's really no A and B league in Suicide anyway):

Draft position 1 - Foot (our defending champ) vs. Milk (our defending runner-up)
Draft position 2 - Treff (our defending chump) vs. BK
Draft position 3 - Monkey vs. Steelers
Draft position 4 - Fuzzy vs. Harold
Draft position 5 - Lefty vs. Face
Draft position 6 - Tlance vs. Ritz
Draft position 7 - Joe vs. OBX
Draft position 8 - Bandit vs. Chef
Draft position 9 - Barilko vs. Trudem
Draft position 10 - TKO vs. Shady
Draft position 11 - Ram vs. Stomp
Draft position 12 - Sam vs. Jwolt92

I should be on there somewhere right... :crazy:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Suicide grade started at a D and somehow has worked it's way up to a B...............lmao

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took down Face last year, now its @SteelersPride turn

these Pitt boys aren't ready for this!!!