• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Official Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go with Doolittle. (had I started Casey Janssen last week over Noesi's 2 starts, I'd be in the semis this week... and one start doesn't guarantee K's.

And Doolittle is really good.

Quintana may or may not help in Ks, but he also may hurt the ERA and WHIP.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff Week 1

And then there were 4!

One quarterfinal was as close as they come, as Dude and TKO tied. Dude ended up advancing as the higher side, but this was one heck of a game. TKO took 3 hitting cats as he edged Dude by 1 run and 1 HR. Dude managed 17 more Ks and 1 more win than TKO despite 10 fewer innings pitched. Ironically, TKO had a better ERA and WHIP.

Dude moves on to play Tlance in what should be an epic semi-final showdown. The loss of Giancarlo Stanton may slow Dude's offense, but he still has plenty of power to burn. This looks like another matchup headed for a Sunday night nail biter.

Meanwhile, Fuzzy got revenge on Treff for a previous 10-0 skunking as his team absolutely went off. Treff's team was not bad this week, but Fuzzy's was almost untouchable in every category. Fuzzy took home the 9-1 victory and will look to keep the momentum going against regular season champ, Reverend Jim.

Good luck boys!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prospect League Playoffs

Both games in this one were outstanding. Although an 8-2 final margin makes it seem like Smitty cruised to an easy victory, the reality is that his team pulled away over the weekend. Hot hitting from Smitty along with a couple poor pitching performances from OBX's boys were the difference in this one. Smitty will advance to take on his nemesis Micro in the game that could end up determining the second bid to the A league. This one will be very interesting.

On the other side of the bracket, Milk tied JD, but will advance on the strength of his regular season record. Milk moves on to face Driaz, who was nearly unbeatable down the stretch. This should be a tight battle as the two teams appear to be very evenly matched. Anything can happen in this one.

Best of luck boys, and we will see you on the other side!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NIce work as per usual Tlance!
Congrats Fuzzy..man I really didn't see an asswhupping like that coming! I knew I had been just scraping by some weeks, and that my team was full of guys who "could" have great weeks at any given time, but not many guys that WILL have great weeks more often than not. Thats the way it goes when your built that way!

Best of luck to the 4 remaining teams!

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK - Time to stop celebrating last week's win and play some ball. Sober up and concentrate guys before it is too late (if it isn't already!).

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK - Time to stop celebrating last week's win and play some ball. Sober up and concentrate guys before it is too late (if it isn't already!).

I'll drink to that. In fact, next round is on me guys :suds: Oops, guess that would defeat the purpose.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilmer Flores...really?...Wilmer fricking Florez?

What is more surprising, that he did what he did or that I actually picked him up and put him in my lineup.
With the exception of saves, pitching is pretty much set. All the hitting categories can go either way.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is more surprising, that he did what he did or that I actually picked him up and put him in my lineup.
With the exception of saves, pitching is pretty much set. All the hitting categories can go either way.

I am never that surprised by your lineup oddities, but the guy is performing better than I would have expected.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just 2 more days guys, don't fall apart now :pray:

Not much hope for the Fuzzies, particularly since the good Rev has the tie breaker. Bad week to get hit with injury bug. With Prado, Ellsbury and Mesoraco going down, it will leave me about 60 ABs short.
Need a miracle-a combo of great play by my boys and a let down by Rev. Not counting on it- but hoping for it!!!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two close ones! Will it come down to HRs and SBs for Fuzzy?

HRs, SBs and RBIs for Tlance?

Will the Exiled One make it to the championship?

Stay tuned, Sports Fans...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of BigD, why is he still in exile, anyway? You'd think he'd be allowed back in by now.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I was like this
dancing.gif

But then I really started to celebrate
Meoky0J.gif

Good Game Fuzzy.
See you in the finals D.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like instant replay of last season for me. Good regular season, total crap out in the playoffs.

Had Iwakuma and Doolittle not pitched like assholes, I would be in the finals now. Oh well.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like instant replay of last season for me. Good regular season, total crap out in the playoffs.

Had Iwakuma and Doolittle not pitched like assholes, I would be in the finals now. Oh well.

At least it was two guys for you- My entire staff did not show up and 3 of my hitters were injured early in the week. hazards of fantasy playoffs! :bawling::bawling::bawling:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Jim and Big D, and best of luck in the Finals!

Both teams finished near the bottom last season, but have completed their turn around and will compete for the coveted MBBRL A league crown.

Neither semi final appeared to be in doubt heading into the weekend, but both became close at the end.

Jim advanced on the strength of his always stellar pitching and big hitting weeks from Matt Kemp and Wilmer Flores. Yes, that is right. Wilmer Flores.

On the other side of the bracket, Big D built a huge lead heading into Sunday. but Tlance closed the gap with some hot Sunday hitting. The final margin was 5.5 to 4.5 and the result would have flipped with 1 more HR, 1 more batter reaching base instead of getting out, or had Kazmir recorded a win with a Doolittle save instead of just the Doolittle win.

Oh well, was not meant to be.

Best of luck boys!