• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Guillotine

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chubb - who should be the entire Cleveland offense for whatever that's worth - is on the block for a WR upgrade.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill admit, i didnt get a good look on who was available.... i totally missed that Kelce was available... would have bet over 50 dollars on him...

too bad for me.... I did put a serious bid in for London, only somewhat surprised i did not get him...

but i am happy i still have my full payroll... just need to survive one more week, and then watch out....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very little spending after Gibbs and London and mostly by me. OBX spent 50 on Dowdle, Fuzzy 20 on Moss. I spent 53 on Kelce and didn't expect to win, would of gotten Engram if I got out bid for Kelce and would of gotten Kincaid if out bid on Engram. Would of gotten McConkey but had already used the drop I needed for him.
Why anyone doesn't love FAAB is a mystery to me because it makes the waivers really exciting.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very little spending after Gibbs and London and mostly by me. OBX spent 50 on Dowdle, Fuzzy 20 on Moss. I spent 53 on Kelce and didn't expect to win, would of gotten Engram if I got out bid for Kelce and would of gotten Kincaid if out bid on Engram. Would of gotten McConkey but had already used the drop I needed for him.
Why anyone doesn't love FAAB is a mystery to me because it makes the waivers really exciting.
It introduces an element that is more about evaluating the other owners than evaluating the players. Similar to poker - reading the other people is more important than your cards. People who like FF but don't like that kind of game wouldn't want to be stuck having to do it.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

No offense to the new Gibbs owner but $400 is a lot to pay for a guy who is arguably behind Monty. Or am in the minority here?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

No offense to the new Gibbs owner but $400 is a lot to pay for a guy who is arguably behind Monty. Or am in the minority here?
Well he needed a RB and Gibbs was by far best available and it's nice to have a player from your home team. Could he gotten Gibbs for less? We don't know, as failed bids are keep hidden for supposedly strategic reasons. :rolleyes2:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It introduces an element that is more about evaluating the other owners than evaluating the players. Similar to poker - reading the other people is more important than your cards. People who like FF but don't like that kind of game wouldn't want to be stuck having to do it.

In FF drafting and trading involves evaluating owners at least as much as FAAB does, so don't think that's it. Think it's the inner war folks feel when wanting a player but hating to spend. Sometimes they blow their FAAB right away then feel buyers remorse OR they bid like it's real money and never get a bid. LOL. I think the pressure to bid smartly is what they hate, along with anger at what they feel are outlandish expensive bids on someone they want, or someone (not them) getting a very good player for a steal of a deal because for some reason no one bid on him.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I bid 52 on Kelce.

Nice bid.

I don’t need him, but didn’t think I would be close in that one.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bid 52 on Kelce.

Nice bid.

I don’t need him, but didn’t think I would be close in that one.

not proud to say this... because i should have seen him available... but if i knew he was available i would have paid more for him than 52.... and i too dont need him

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not proud to say this... because i should have seen him available... but if i knew he was available i would have paid more for him than 52.... and i too dont need him

I would have also if I needed a TE.

Made a throw away bid to make sure nobody got him super cheap.