• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Guillotine

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at it this way, teams that spend waste gobs of money on 1 player like the Browns and Cowboys never win, so there is that.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was counting on the bench. A wise owner would just bid a buck for every stud and park them.

(Again, this from a novice guillotiner.)

Of course after spending the money you will always be at a disadvantage after each week. But the battle is about making it to the end as well.

paying early for a stud makes it easier to make it out of the final 12.

if you want to say their route to win is harder once they get to the equalizer weeks. Then of course. But it’s also going to be easier to get worthwhile players at minimum cost or through FCFS.

And once you get to final 4 there will be great players available always. Even if you miss out on the 1a..

Have you ever tried to make the perfect lineup for a certain week. You know how hard that is??

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh?? 100% disagree... its really a bad point all together, because if a team that spends does lose, it is not because they spent...

but you do realize early on there is going to only be atleast one stud per week available, and that one stud will be expensive... nobody will be able to pay for multiple ones...

and we do have a 0 minimum, and FCFS afterwards...

once we are down to 10 teams or less, every team is going to be loaded no matter what... as there will be good players always available...

Yes I do.

you will see.

And there is a big difference between good players and studs.

You need studs to win this.

And he won’t get another unless he survives until like final 4

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is if you’re down to two teams, the other team, with the exception of a stud you drafted and the one you bought, can outbid you on every remaining player and lock up almost all of the top-12 RBs and top-12 WRs, meaning (from a 12-team league perspective) you’d be fielding a squad of RB2s and WR2s (with a stud or two) against a squad of RB1s and WR1s.

The bigger problem is getting to 2

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course after spending the money you will always be at a disadvantage after each week. But the battle is about making it to the end as well.

paying early for a stud makes it easier to make it out of the final 12.

if you want to say their route to win is harder once they get to the equalizer weeks. Then of course. But it’s also going to be easier to get worthwhile players at minimum cost or through FCFS.

And once you get to final 4 there will be great players available always. Even if you miss out on the 1a..

Have you ever tried to make the perfect lineup for a certain week. You know how hard that is??

I really hope people continue to use this strategy.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each week there’s only going to be one first rounder that hits the wire for the most part. Gonna be awhile before anyone has more first rounders on their roster than I do.

Money isn’t doing anything for anybody just sitting there in your pocket. Only if you spend it.

And like trading a future pick for a player, you get more value having a guy on roster now, rather than the future.

Also I don’t know what I’m doing in this league. But hey, this is fun. Wish I’d played before.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each week there’s only going to be one first rounder that hits the wire for the most part. Gonna be awhile before anyone has more first rounders on their roster than I do.

Money isn’t doing anything for anybody just sitting there in your pocket. Only if you spend it.

And like trading a future pick for a player, you get more value having a guy on roster now, rather than the future.

Also I don’t know what I’m doing in this league. But hey, this is fun. Wish I’d played before.

To the bolded.

This is not true in this league as every players value resets every single week. So as long as you are alive players value is only what they are going to do in the future. Not the past.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope people continue to use this strategy.

People will. It is good strategy for those who have no confidence in their team in the coming week.

If you think you will survive the week or want to take the gamble that you will survive then it is wise not to pay. But not every team is currently good. And one more stud does change everything.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People will. It is good strategy for those who have no confidence in their team in the coming week.

If you think you will survive the week or want to take the gamble that you will survive then it is wise not to pay. But not every team is currently good. And one more stud does change everything.

Holy smokes, since when did I start agreeing with you?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at it this way, teams that spend waste gobs of money on 1 player like the Browns and Cowboys never win, so there is that.
The Chiefs spent half a billion on Mahomes back when that was real money.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For now.

Good luck when other teams have 5 or 6 studs and you still picking leftovers.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys want to see the bids? Can't find them on my Fantrax phone app. But I can see it on the desktop version.
The Chiefs spent half a billion on Mahomes back when that was real money.
Dont try to ruin my argument with logic.
Most teams dont.

BTW I did find the balances for the league thanks to the Fantrax desktop version. The phone app is garbage.

Guillotine MBBRL wk 1 bids.png Guillotine MBBRL wk 1 balances.png

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys want to see the bids? Can't find them on my Fantrax phone app. But I can see it on the desktop version.

Dont try to ruin my argument with logic.
Most teams dont.

BTW I did find the balances for the league thanks to the Fantrax desktop version. The phone app is garbage.

View attachment 373767 View attachment 373768
Clicking on Transaction History works for me.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I am not advocating for people not to spend their money.

Just that it is unwise to spend every dollar this early.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw you @Barilko.

I went back and forth on Bigsby.

Hopefully he Tanks for you!

:pound: :pound: :pound:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For now.

Good luck when other teams have 5 or 6 studs and you still picking leftovers.

whose to say they don’t find that injury replacement that week to save their week.

Really this discussion is kind of impossible to work out.

Any team that spends now and makes it deep makes it deep for a reason. Not just because of the stud the payed for.

But yes, as we go deeper it is an advantage to have more money. That is obvious.

But you also have to make it to that point. Some teams do need that one extra stud to survive.

Honestly, when I saw smitty’s team i understood why he spent the money. His team looks like it could get eliminated any week now.

And I didn’t feel like I needed the stud yet as I think I have a good team. Sure, any team can have a bad week and lose this. That’s what this league is all about. But if you don’t love your team today, then why not pay then hope later.

That’s also why I don’t like teams that paid medium price for non studs. They didn’t get a hero, and they have less money to spend later.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is no one not leery of Jefferson not being a stud this year due to who his QB is? :suds:
i guess we find out vs the niners

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is no one not leery of Jefferson not being a stud this year due to who his QB is? :suds:
Didnt think it made a difference in week 1. (15.9 pts)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not one bit. Although I am leery of the timing to pay for him. Right before a 49er matchup.