• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL dynasty main page

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell yeah. I was considering the last offer on him but wanted to wait and mull it over but then it disappeared before I got back around to it
I don't like feeling dirty. Now it's done.

Cruz had bad luck last year, I think he'll be an asset.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"
A minor leaguer can only be added to a team during the season if and only if he has any major league experience, or expected play, at the time of the player add.

any minor leaguer who was added to a team during the season, who has zero Major league stat line, will automatically be dropped from a team during the next off-season... and will be available for the next rookie draft..

It definitely leaves some room for interpretation but that seems clear to me that any minor leaguer signed during the year that doesn't make the majors would then be removed from the team that signed him and put back into the draft pool.

That's why I don't understand then requiring us to remove players from our minors that we've never chosen to add to our active roster. But alas that's what I've started to do to make my roster legal.

To me the more simple rule is we all understand the guys from the 24 draft are off limits.
Harrison, Churio, Hassle and Misiorowski are all guys I picked up as minor leaguers who didn’t play in the majors the year I signed them.

Only one has been called up so far at all. And Misiorowski is the only one I picked up in 2023.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison, Churio, Hassle and Misiorowski are all guys I picked up as minor leaguers who didn’t play in the majors the year I signed them.

Only one has been called up so far at all. And Misiorowski is the only one I picked up in 2023.

This is something he proposed like a week ago

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is something he proposed like a week ago
No one should be taking that proposal seriously. It would make things way more complicated than they need to be. I think Nolan Schanuel was the only '23 draft pick who made the majors last year. You definitely wouldn't want a player like that in someone's lineup. It's a rare enough occurrence such a player gets called to the majors I think it would be conspicuous when it happens. If someone picks up a draft pick from this year to stash and it isn't caught right away, that sucks, it also isn't the end of the world. He could give a manager a slap on the wrist or perhaps just a warning if it's a first time offense that wasn't intentional.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one should be taking that proposal seriously. It would make things way more complicated than they need to be. I think Nolan Schanuel was the only '23 draft pick who made the majors last year. You definitely wouldn't want a player like that in someone's lineup. It's a rare enough occurrence such a player gets called to the majors I think it would be conspicuous when it happens. If someone picks up a draft pick from this year to stash and it isn't caught right away, that sucks, it also isn't the end of the world. He could give a manager a slap on the wrist or perhaps just a warning if it's a first time offense that wasn't intentional.

I mean...at the end of the day he's the commish but I'd prefer we discuss it openly so its a consensus agreement

That proposed rule would affect any minor leaguer picked up that didn't make it to the majors.

For example I picked up Eury in FA in 2022 and he didn't make the majors until 23. Under that rule I'd have to return him to the draft pool at the end of the year 22. (I may be misrembering this and I got him early last year but I digress)

Given the fact we have to reset our minors with players who don't start the year on a MLB roster (which is fine) to me it would create volatility in the minors that there doesn't need to be.

I'm fully aware I come off as griping today but talking through this stuff is good for everyone imo.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking for a viable SS. Offers being sent.
I know it’s too late.

But boy do I ever love that you made me that offer.

That’s a sweet deal for both sides.

Woulda been a sweet deal anyway.

You know, iffen it woulda happened.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...at the end of the day he's the commish but I'd prefer we discuss it openly so its a consensus agreement

That proposed rule would affect any minor leaguer picked up that didn't make it to the majors.

For example I picked up Eury in FA in 2022 and he didn't make the majors until 23. Under that rule I'd have to return him to the draft pool at the end of the year 22. (I may be misrembering this and I got him early last year but I digress)

Given the fact we have to reset our minors with players who don't start the year on a MLB roster (which is fine) to me it would create volatility in the minors that there doesn't need to be.

I'm fully aware I come off as griping today but talking through this stuff is good for everyone imo.
Griping is a start.

Thanks for breaking the ice.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldnt take IR out all together, as it locked the players who were in IR...

so there is now 1 IR spot.... but that is a placeholder...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TKOSpikes , @YourFriendGannon , @broncosmitty , @molsaniceman , @Shanemansj13 , @Yellow Fuzzies , @Chef99 , @Yellow Fuzzies , @Stakesarehigh @catman , @jwolt92 , @bksballer89

there is a bunch of misconceptions, or inaccurate assumptions going on here...

1. the minor league rule that i threw out earlier about being added during the season...

that rule was never set, it was just an idea... Never said it was a rule yet... and the intent is just preventative IF the player pool is not locked properly... or even if there were players that were in the player pool that shouldnt be... the point is that ALL minor league players need the opportunity to be drafted in our league... As i saw a bunch of players that were taken late last season that were part of the real life 2023 Minor league draft...
also, during our draft i was searching for some international players, who have a major league team, and i could not find them... so i made an all encompassing IDEA for a rule...

of course we can talk about this rule.... as again, it was never set...

2. the major league season starts on the 20th... so does our league... which means the lineups will lock on the 20th...
since the assumption was made that the roster deadline i will bypass the 3 IR rule it will remain at 5... BUT going forward with this league we need a pre-season roster restriction rule.... it will be implemented from now on...

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TKOSpikes , @YourFriendGannon , @broncosmitty , @molsaniceman , @Shanemansj13 , @Yellow Fuzzies , @Chef99 , @Yellow Fuzzies , @Stakesarehigh @catman , @jwolt92 , @bksballer89

there is a bunch of misconceptions, or inaccurate assumptions going on here...

1. the minor league rule that i threw out earlier about being added during the season...

that rule was never set, it was just an idea... Never said it was a rule yet... and the intent is just preventative IF the player pool is not locked properly... or even if there were players that were in the player pool that shouldnt be... the point is that ALL minor league players need the opportunity to be drafted in our league... As i saw a bunch of players that were taken late last season that were part of the real life 2023 Minor league draft...
also, during our draft i was searching for some international players, who have a major league team, and i could not find them... so i made an all encompassing IDEA for a rule...

of course we can talk about this rule.... as again, it was never set...

2. the major league season starts on the 20th... so does our league... which means the lineups will lock on the 20th...
since the assumption was made that the roster deadline i will bypass the 3 IR rule it will remain at 5... BUT going forward with this league we need a pre-season roster restriction rule.... it will be implemented from now on...

Totally agree that the postseason roster should be legal of some sort. In the case of IR I can understand some guys were left on IR (in my case Quantrill) that were no longer injured while others were legitimately on a 60 day path that were not.

I don't know what a good number/rule would be as you run into guys like (again just going to use my roster for example) like Rocchio that may or may not make the majors and be minors again.. Maybe a 3 spot wiggle room for guys like that idk.

I get that the idea is that the draft pool should be as large as possible and that rosters should not be well north of the stated sizes.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 As far as the Japanese or drafted players. Have a rule stating any player that is not on a major or minor league roster/ IR is not allowed to be picked up until the next years league draft. Set the date for this as the day before the MLB draft begins. IDK how you would do that in Fantrax. It maybe one of those things like D2 Taxi Squad that I have to do manually every year.

2 The IR issue leave it at 3. Sometimes life makes you make tough decisions. Before anyone asks my 3 spots are taken with more players injured. Cole, Dominguez, and Kershaw are all on my team.

Pick a date for the rules to go into effect and admit mistakes were made in the past, but we are trying to learn from them.