• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL dynasty main page

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMO, but if there is a max, there doesn't need to be designations, and you can start whatever you want...

But even with designations, i think there still needs to be a max...

a 70-80 max for 9 pitchers is pretty solid...

70 innings is basically 10 starts of 6 innings and then relief pitcher innings...

so i doubt people will go over unless they are taking advantage of the double start pitchers

either way... i still need to finish the scoring system...

im trying hard to make the 4 different type of pitchers (SP, Closer, Setup man, and primary starter(doesn't start the game but goes 4+ innings)) all at least somewhat valuable...

if anyone has the time today to look at what we have now and give me any pointers to make it better so we dont have to change it during the season or NEED to change anything for Next season...

right now my relief pitching stats are IRS, IR, Saves, Holds and

yeah. 10 starts of six innings-ish. But you’re punished if it goes to eight innings-ish. Unlikely, yes, but not impossible.

If you want less starts, and more equal value across game-duty lines, having only “p” disrupts that. Set up men are not a fantasy value, imo (but I’m alone on that probably... I think “holds” is a terrible category)

idk, you’re not selling me on the min/Max thing.
Not that you have to. I’m down for whatever.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah. 10 starts of six innings-ish. But you’re punished if it goes to eight innings-ish. Unlikely, yes, but not impossible.

If you want less starts, and more equal value across game-duty lines, having only “p” disrupts that. Set up men are not a fantasy value, imo (but I’m alone on that probably... I think “holds” is a terrible category)

idk, you’re not selling me on the min/Max thing.
Not that you have to. I’m down for whatever.
i dont know...

i just find H2H to be lets start as many SP as possible... i dont like that aspect of it... and i dont think designating positions changes that...

i could be wrong... i really have no clue... i understand the hesitancy towards not having maximum...

again, the worst part of using RP is that SP with RP all of a sudden get increased value just so owners can cheat the system... i would rather pitchers be worth what they are, and not worth more because of their eligibility...

i agree holds is a weak category... But i do think it is necessary, because it rewards more relievers so you dont just have to get closers for the save... you can get any good reliever...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know...

i just find H2H to be lets start as many SP as possible... i dont like that aspect of it... and i dont think designating positions changes that...

i could be wrong... i really have no clue... i understand the hesitancy towards not having maximum...

again, the worst part of using RP is that SP with RP all of a sudden get increased value just so owners can cheat the system... i would rather pitchers be worth what they are, and not worth more because of their eligibility...

i agree holds is a weak category... But i do think it is necessary, because it rewards more relievers so you dont just have to get closers for the save... you can get any good reliever...

I hear ya.

like I said, we can make a rule that rp slots have no starters allowed... I understand though this can only be accomplished manually... but if it’s a spoken rule, the violators will be few, if any.

the flip side to any good reliever, is that it washes down the closers. I think getting a save is more valuable than getting an out in the 7th or 8th inning, and should be recognized as such. I also understand a true set up man is very valuable himself, so I see your point. (But that’s what makes drafting/trading the 9th inning guy more relevant.)

any rule can be manipulated...

:2cents:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now your scoring has 2 relievers in the top 40 pitchers and 6 in the top 60. Maybe dropping Blown Saves to -4, but other then that I like the scoring system.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya.

like I said, we can make a rule that rp slots have no starters allowed... I understand though this can only be accomplished manually... but if it’s a spoken rule, the violators will be few, if any.

the flip side to any good reliever, is that it washes down the closers. I think getting a save is more valuable than getting an out in the 7th or 8th inning, and should be recognized as such. I also understand a true set up man is very valuable himself, so I see your point. (But that’s what makes drafting/trading the 9th inning guy more relevant.)

any rule can be manipulated...

:2cents:

OK i found a way around it without using a maximum... Made the RP eligibility 20 appearances from last season...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK i found a way around it without using a maximum... Made the RP eligibility 20 appearances from last season...

I love Fantrax. Love.

but what the hell is their problem? Sheffield had 10 starts last year. 0 relief appearances. How can they list him with rp eligibility?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Fantrax. Love.

but what the hell is their problem? Sheffield had 10 starts last year. 0 relief appearances. How can they list him with rp eligibility?

fixed it...

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now your scoring has 2 relievers in the top 40 pitchers and 6 in the top 60. Maybe dropping Blown Saves to -4, but other then that I like the scoring system.
shouldnt use blown save at all it penalizes too much most likely they are getting negative points anyways plus an L

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I see with innings max is you can have a legit lineup and have multiple 2 start pitchers. Don't want to sit one of my guys just to be safe on innings max.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eligibility based on prior year is 20 games . Short season last year- in other leagues we have decreased this to 7 games.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are people allowed to auto-draft on fantrax? I will be unavailable tomorrow morning, as I have a previous engagement.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are people allowed to auto-draft on fantrax? I will be unavailable tomorrow morning, as I have a previous engagement.

yup. You can set your draft to auto in the draft room. You can do this for one pick at a time, or set it up for as many as you’d like... fill your queue up so it won’t draft based on their rankings.

this is good advice for all days, engagements or not. If you check in the draft room but are a few picks away, set queue accordingly, and auto for one pick, if you think you might be away for your pick.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I'm not familiar with Fantrax format.
I frequently do autodrafts due to my "interesting" schedule.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a heads up, if I cheat (if it’s possible)...I didn’t mean to :laugh3: I need to look at this tonight...once the rules are 100% set...so I can understand more clearly. Shouldn’t be a big deal though

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I'm not familiar with Fantrax format.
I frequently do autodrafts due to my "interesting" schedule.

Of course that is not mandatory to auto. As the ‘on the clock’ time per pick will be more than a morning (at the start anyway)

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TKOSpikes I'm not really familiar with the format. We draft when its our time? How long are we "on the clock"?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok guys... draft starts today... so everyone be ready...

Pretty sure @jwolt92 has the first pick...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TKOSpikes I'm not really familiar with the format. We draft when its our time? How long are we "on the clock"?
If you put Two guys in your Que and set it to Auto draft one round, you will get one of the Two with the second pick.

I just loaded my Que to six, as I have the sixth pick. If I were much lower in the draft, I wouldn’t do this though. We’re not in any hurry.

Nobody will mind if you take your time.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24 hours at the start. Not sure if that will be changed at some point
only if it starts taking too long
on fantrax u can set it up to email u when its your pick and reminders will be posted here also