• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL B-League(Barbarians at the Gate)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We discussed having a 14, 16, 18 team league long ago. The decision was made to create a whole new 12 team league and call it the "B". Given the issues we've had this year no one should really be entertaining ideas of expansion, rather should be doing everything possible to avoid contraction.

Now, back on point, by my count, Trudem and OBX have had five current owners of the ten already in, vouche for them. So ill be sending those invites out tonight, and setting the Draft order.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, back on point, by my count, Trudem and OBX have had five current owners of the ten already in, vouche for them. So ill be sending those invites out tonight, and setting the Draft order.

My condolences to Zep, as I have no doubts he'd have made an excellent addition to the party. And at the same time, a big welcome to Trudem and Obxyankeefan.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We discussed having a 14, 16, 18 team league long ago. The decision was made to create a whole new 12 team league and call it the "B". Given the issues we've had this year no one should really be entertaining ideas of expansion, rather should be doing everything possible to avoid contraction.

I didn't want to hurt the other dude feelings but Trudem & especially Obx (been in fantasy leagues with him for years) were my picks also.

It is stupid IMO to play any football league with more than 12 teams.....14 can work but 16+ is ridiculous

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MBBRL Short History

I don't mean to speak out of turn, but the MBBRL goes back several years. It dates back to another message board. It wasn't always peaceful there. Sometimes it was a challenge to have a meaningful FF discussion because of the rebellious behavior of others - and their sarcasm and trolling.

But we did manage to have meaningful fantasy discussions. We didn't always agree, but we came to respect each other. When it was suggested to start a league together, the MBBRL was born. It may sound corny, but the league represents a love for fantasy football. And the founding members of the MBBRL want owners that are just as passionate and respectful.

With this in mind, I appreciate what Barilko is trying to say.

Last edited by a moderator:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zep can always join the SportsHoopla fantasy league

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean to speak out of turn, but the MBBRL goes back several years. It dates back to another message board. It wasn't always peaceful there. Sometimes it was a challenge to have a meaningful FF discussion because of the rebellious behavior of others - and their sarcasm and trolling.

But we did manage to have meaningful fantasy discussions. We didn't always agree, but we came to respect each other. When it was suggested to start a league together, the MBBRL was born. It may sound corny, but the league represents a love for fantasy football. And the members of the MBBRL want owners that are just as passionate and respectful.

Were you guys on CBS? I was on CBS also but avoided the NFL boards

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But we did manage to have meaningful fantasy discussions. We didn't always agree, but we came to respect each other. When it was suggested to start a league together, the MBBRL was born. It may sound corny, but the league represents a love for fantasy football. And the founding members of the MBBRL want owners that are just as passionate and respectful.

and as usual you said with much more eloquence

Cheers ...:suds:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was Nos (can't remember his entire user name) but I could be wrong

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That means I could have been a part of this for years now.....Always thought that NFL board had far too many trolls

lol..yea it did, but they also had a separate fantasy section, more or less just like this one, and although it wasn't free from the trollers, it was much much less than the standard NFL ones. YOu missed some great stuff over there..pretty sure Barilko still occasionally wets his pants laughing at the memory of me and Foot going at it back then. And we still have the occasional flare up, but now its more in jest than it is anything else. We're all pretty proud of the way we've all come to know and respect, and in many cases, really truly like the other people in our "community".

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As I said at the end of my post, I was just talking about league's that have an odd team. In no way was I trying to disrespect this league or suggest any changes.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So would I, it's the most fun spot, imo. In baseball, too.

There's more thrill in making two picks at a time. Could be the wait, could be a false sense of filling out the roster, but I love it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was Nos (can't remember his entire user name) but I could be wrong

Nos (Nosferatu) and Ritz started two and are running both. (They co mod the various Dynasty Drafts on here. Those are a lot of fun but Im waiting till football drafting season is over to do another.)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OBX's invite has been sent..waiting for a response from Trudem, and then finally, the acceptance of the invites. And we'll finally all be set.

One last plea from me, if everyone can find it in their hearts to have a team name that in some way references your SportsHoopla screen name, or tag line, or anything where we all know without asking who has which team? It's by no means a requirement but you have no idea how nice such a small thing is and how much just knowing who your aiming your trash talk at on SportsHoopla can really be worth. It'd be much appreciated

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My ideal first round pick is brees or manning... I like Brees more, but will draft manning over brees...

and i think i could get either one with 8-10 pick... If i can't, then someone else will fall to me... and i can still get who i want in the second round... Honestly, I just dont want a top 5-6 pick either way.... But with that i know i will get a top 5 pick...

I can tell you this. Last year in the B league I had the 5th pick and I got Brees in the 2nd round, so that was pick #19. I know there are some different guys this year that seem to be more quarterback happy, but just FYI for you guys.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell you this. Last year in the B league I had the 5th pick and I got Brees in the 2nd round, so that was pick #19. I know there are some different guys this year that seem to be more quarterback happy, but just FYI for you guys.

Woah, second round!?! That's a good FYI Bandit. (I know the A Suicide was RB heavy early, but didn't realize its be that heavy.)