• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL B-League(Barbarians at the Gate)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing loss this week while scoring 96 points. The kryptonite for my team was your Pats Smitty. Three of my Brady scores nullified from you owning Gronk and Edelman. Hopefully Hyde is okay with that concussion can't have him missing time. Fat man Reid better remember he has a stud TE next week fat bastard. :tsk:
I know a guy that actually had the audacity to say start Smith over Brady this week. Luckily he didn't take his own advice in any leagues, cuz that was horrible advice.

And that guy was me.

It's going to be a fun division this year Shady. Especially with you playing a full schedule!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid Jets!

I would've won my family/back home suicide pool if the Colts had won. Crazy to be resetting after two weeks. Guys took Miami, KC, NO and Baltimore.

Weird week.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 2 Recap

This recap is brought to you by:

fuzzy-jpg.32671.jpg

So week 2 established several things including that Fuzzy is a lot better than the rest of us. Also, after two weeks there are already some big time concerns for fantasy owners. Guys that have C.J. Anderson or Demarco Murray should be very worried about how bad they have been. Both the Broncos and Eagles offensive lines have truly been offensive so far. Peyton looked better for a half last week, but if his they don't start blocking better he won't survive the season. The Colts offense has been terrible except for some garbage time scores against Buffalo in week 1 and Andrew Luck has a long way to go to justify his first round draft choice status as he is 24th in points amongst quarterbacks right now behind Ryan Fitzpatrick, Blake Bortles, Derek Carr, and Jameis Winston. Top scoring quarterback right now is Tom Brady (Fuzzy) with 69 points. Top scoring running back is Deangelo Williams (Fuzzy) with 38 points. Top scoring wide receiver is Antonio Brown (Fuzzy) with 46 points. Top scoring tight end is Gronk (Tlance) with 44 points. Top scoring defense is the Broncos (Fuzzy) with 46 points and the top scoring kicker is . . . wait for it and I would not have guessed it but it's Robbie Gould with 28 points who is still a free agent once again proving that drafting a kicker early is stupid. So it's pretty easy to see why Fuzzy is blowing us all out since he has the top scoring quarterback, running back, wide receiver, and defense. Anyway here are your recaps from last week.

Keepers Recap

Fuzzy over Treff 118-82. Different week, same story for Fuzzy. Once again he put up the most points in the MBBRL and is a perfect 46-0 in the MBBRL breakdown for the season. He's going to lose one of his "stars" this week though as Deangelo Williams will be behind Leveon Bell now in Pittsburgh. He got big games from Williams and Antonio Brown along with Matt Ryan and the Broncos defense. Treff got good games from Mariota, Jamaal Charles, Decker, Eifert, and Watkins, but he got Mike Evans back in the lineup just in time for him to produce a goose egg this week. Fuzzy moves to 2-0 and Treff falls to 1-1.

Joe over Barilko 97-84. Joe got good games from Peyton, Mccoy, Jordan Matthews, Steve Smith, and the Jets D and overcame the -1 that Keenan Allen put up. Barilko got a great game from Carson Palmer, Adrian Peterson (although no touchdown hurt), but Vinatieri put up another stinker with 0 which means he has -1 point through two weeks and if he would have started Amari Cooper in the flex instead of Sproles he would have won by one point, but hindsight is always 20-20. Joe moves to 1-1 and Barilko falls to 0-2.

Tlance over Bandit 113-105. Tlance won. Tlance always wins. Tlance managed to get the same amount of points from Donte Moncrief (18) as the entire rest of the passing game of the Colts combined including the quarterback that threw the ball to him. (Luck 10, Hilton 4, A Johnson 2, P Dorsett 2, C Fleener 0, D Allen 0) Tlance is a wizard. We need to have him tested for witchcraft. I'm pretty sure he put some kind of voodoo hex on Eddie Lacy also. Seriously he needs to be stopped. Bandit just couldn't overcome the Eddie Lacy and Roddy White goose eggs even with at least 19 points out of Rodgers, Sanders, the Cardinals D, and Gostkowski. Tlance moves to 2-0 and Bandit falls to 1-1, but the good news is he's not bitter about it at all.

Chef over Sam 73-63. In the lowest scoring game of the week, Chef scored more points than Sam did behind a dominating performance by Mason Crosby. That's about all I have to say about that. Sam should be in better shape this week though because I'm sure Foster will come back since he plays me this week. Chef moves up to 1-1 and Sam falls to 0-2.

Lefty over Ram 116-64. In the biggest blowout of the week, Lefty bounced back in a huge way after last weeks disappointment getting big games from Edelman, Fitzgerald, and good games from Brees, Megatron, and the Bengals D. As if the Tony Romo injury wasn't enough, Ram might be entering panic mode with C.J. Anderson and Andre Johnson as they have both not only put up very few fantasy points, but they have also looked terrible this season although it was nice to see Beckham have a bounce back game with 20 points. Lefty and Ram both sit at 1-1.

Milk over TKO 79-73. In the 2nd lowest scoring game of the week Milk got 23 from Eli and consistent games from Julio Jones, Ebron, Melvin Gordon, T.J. Yeldon and Brandon McManus while TKO got a big game from Tannehill, but got absolutely killed by Jeremy Hill getting benched for fumbling and putting up -1 point and just couldn't recover. Milk moves to 2-0 and TKO falls to 0-2.

Barbarians Recap

Smitty over Shady 117-96. In the highest scoring Barbarians game of the week, Smitty got good games from Matt Ryan, Emmanuel Sanders, Edelman, and Gronk and nobody on his team scored under 5, which was too much for Shady even though he got 34 from Brady. Shady's team still looks pretty good though and that's with losing Dez last week. Smitty moves to 2-0 and Shady falls to 1-1 but they are the top two statistical teams in the Barbarians league.

Face over BK 83-79. In the closest game of the MBBRL last week Face pulled out a close victory with 20 from Beckham and 19 from Gostkowski. The Romo injury shouldn't hurt him too bad since he does have Rivers to back him up. BK got good games from Peterson, A.J. Green, the Jets D, and Brees, but they weren't good enough. Face moves to 1-1 and BK falls to 0-2.

Cheesehead over Monkey 91-59. Cheesehead got good games from Tannehill, Latavius Murray, Julio Jones, Vincent Jackson, and Mason Crosby and he put 91 on the board and that was with leaving the 27 from Allen Robinson and the 22 from the Broncos D on his bench. Monkey got disappointing games from Bradford and his 3 running backs combined for 11 points which was enough to sink him. His team will get a shot in the arm when Leveon Bell comes back this week. Cheesehead moves to 2-0 and Monkey falls to 0-2.

Stomp over Haroldseattle 105-88. Stomp got 30 out of Cam, 16 from Brandon Marshall, 13 from Crowell, and 15 from Justin Tucker on his way to the win. Harold got monster games from Big Ben and Deangelo Williams, but the -1 from Hill, the 1 from Jimmy Graham, the 0 from the Bills D, and the 2 from Dan Carpenter just killed him. Clearly he should have known to start Matt Jones over Jeremy Hill and then he would have won, I mean I know that would have been a no-brainer for me. Both teams move to 1-1 on the season.

Foot over Steelers 91-83. Foot pulled out the win, but he tried to help Steelers out the best he could leaving 88 points on his bench, but he got 19 out of Mariota, 17 from Dion Lewis (good call), 27 from Antonio Brown and 11 from the Vikings D. If he would have started his optimal lineup, he would have scored 147 points and that was with a kicker scoring 0. Steelers got good games from Eli Manning, Jamaal Charles, and Calvin Johnson, but would have been better off if Mike Evans just stayed out for another week because if he had played either Karlos Williams or Terrance Williams in his flex he would have won. Foot moves to 1-1 and Steelers falls to 0-1-1.

OBX over Micro 102-45. Obx came back with a strong performance this week getting 25 from Rodgers, 11 from Landry, 18 from Moncrief, 10 from Ebron, and 14 from the Patriots D. The bad news from Micro was that Andrew Luck was a disappointment only scoring 10 points, the worse news was that outscored everybody else on his team as his two starting running backs combined for 0 points. Thanks Eddie Lacy and Ameer Abdullah. OBX takes over first place in the division at 1-0-1 and Micro falls to 1-1.

League Notes

The Keepers outscored the Barbarians 1067-1039 which was about 150 points than we scored last week. Even more interesting is that last week the A league left 237 points on its bench, this week that number jumped to 383. It was even worse in the B league who left 239 points on their benches last week, but this week that number jumped to 434 including 88 from Foot alone.

Not sure if it's ever happened before, but once again congratulations to Fuzzy for outscoring the entire MBBRL for the second straight week. That's one helluva way to start a season.

Once again, there will be no relegation or oblivion/purgatory talk until week 5 this year because I don't want to get everybody's panties in a bunch again, but right now Smitty would get the golden ticket to the A league based on breakdown record.

I know we are only two weeks in, but it looks like Smitty and Shady might be developing the same kind of inter-division battle that Chef and Smitty had last year as they are #1 and #2 in points and breakdown record. Smitty's going to ask to realign these damn divisions next year.

OBX has the greatest fantasy defense of all time!! He has given up 118 points through two weeks which is an average of 59 points per week.

Next week's matchups:

Keepers of the Flame

Barilko v. Treff
Fuzzy v. Joe
Bandit v. Sam
Chef v. Tlance
Milk v. Ram
Lefty v. TKO

Barbarians at the Gate

Smitty v. BK
Face v. Shady
Monkey v. Stomp
Haroldseattle v. Cheesehead
Foot v. OBX
Steelers v. Micro

And here is your standings sheet:

mbbrl_week_2-jpg.32672.jpg

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great work Bandit!

And your darn right, being a Visigoth is no easy task.

On to BK.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly the worst performance ever in the Barbarians league I've ever had. Nothing went well this past week. Time to move forward though. "Luck" don't fail me now!

Good ass-whoopin @obxyankeefan

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good write as always bandit. Very disappointed with how things went for me, time to regroup and do better next week.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough luck for BK cutting Mathews the day Murray goes down with a hammy.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough luck for BK cutting Mathews the day Murray goes down with a hammy.

Yeah but from what I've seen from that offensive line, not sure anyone can run behind it. Also there is no guarantee that Murray won't play this week. Also it is a terrible match-up since they're facing the Jets

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but from what I've seen from that offensive line, not sure anyone can run behind it. Also there is no guarantee that Murray won't play this week. Also it is a terrible match-up since they're facing the Jets

Not to mention that Sproles looks like the passing-down option. Still taking a chance cutting him for down the road, though. It's a jungle out there in Running Back Land...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention that Sproles looks like the passing-down option. Still taking a chance cutting him for down the road, though. It's a jungle out there in Running Back Land...

I agree but with my slow start i had to cut some dead weight and unfortunately he was a part of the dead weight along with Cruz & Riddick

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I draw Shady this week! Thankfully I can field a full team this week considering my ENTIRE bench is injured.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who lost Dez Bryant in this league?? I feel your pain fantasy brother!!!

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I draw Shady this week! Thankfully I can field a full team this week considering my ENTIRE bench is injured.

That's something to fear Face lol. :pound:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm...looking at the scoreboard, I see I am winning, 16-0.

I wonder what moves I should make...:think:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but with my slow start i had to cut some dead weight and unfortunately he was a part of the dead weight along with Cruz & Riddick
Riddick is bound to catch a lot of passes.

He's 50% of the passing game when we're behind.

(I'm not picking him up though.)

Btw: I'm rooting for a Shady-Face tie....