• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL B-League(Barbarians at the Gate)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oye!

Sorry for not bein around for much of week 1. Just got back from a week long vacation.

Looks like I need Matty Ice to fall on his face tonight... :hope:

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sent you a response Stomp.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WEEK 1 RECAP

mbbrl_nascar-jpg.29548.jpg

And They're Off
"Gentleman, start your engines!!" No really Barilko, Lefty, OBX, and Steelers I said, "START YOUR ENGINES!!" Fuzzy is already two laps ahead of you guys. That was a very interesting first week and there is already injuries (Dez), disappointments (Peterson), and pleasant surprises (Forte) in the books and that's just from the guys drafted in the first round. Don't want to jump to too many conclusions after one week, but both the Broncos and Ravens offenses looked horrible, as did the Giants, Dolphins, and Lions (other than Ameer Abdullah). On the other hand, the Chiefs (especially Travis Kelce), Titans (how about that Marcus Mariota), Jets, Cardinals, and Carlos Hyde all looked great. Already have injuries to Dez Bryant, Andre Ellington, Desean Jackson, T.Y. Hilton, so let the waiver wiring begin. Now on to our recaps for the week:
Keepers of the Flame Recap

Fuzzy over Barilko 153-69. It's not often that the highest score in the entire MBBRL goes against the lowest score in the entire MBBRL but that's what happened here in an epic blowout by 84 points. Fuzzy started off with Brady (35), Deangelo Williams (12), Antonio Brown (19), and Markus Wheaton (7) on Thursday night and that would have been enough to win without adding Forte (22) Abdullah (15) Walker (10) and the Broncos D (24). Poor Barilko was littered with disappointments especially the 5 that Peterson got him. Hell he even managed to have a kicker get NEGATIVE points, how often does that happen? You deserve better Barilko.

Treff over Joe 102-82. Treff got off to a good start on the season getting 22 from Tyler Eifert and 20 from his Seahawks D along with consistent games from Stafford, Charles, and Randle which was enough to overcome 0 from Sammy Watkins and 1 from Andre Williams. Joe had sub-par games from Peyton (5), Olsen (1), Steve Smith (1) and the good games he had from Keenan Allen, the Jets D, and Matt Bryant just weren't enough to overcome the disappointments.

Bandit over Chef 91-85. Bandit overcame Desean Jackson's 0 to hold on for a 91-85 win getting 28 out of Rodgers and 15 from Lacy. Chef tried to make a comeback with his Eagles, but got 0 out of Agholor and both his and the Eagles bid to win came up short despite the 25 he got from the Panthers D.

Tlance over Sam 116-109. These two always seem to battle it out. Sam got double digit consistent games from 7 of his 9 players including 21 from Luck and 20 from Sankey, but it wasn't enough to overcome the 4 players that Tlance had score in the 20's (Big Ben 20, Ivory 21, Hopkins 23, and Gronk 27) even though he had bad games from Bell, Demaryius Thomas, Allen Robinson, and the Packers D. These two scored the 4th and 5th most points in the entire MBBRL this week.

Milk over Lefty 123-75. In what was another blowout, Milk only got 7 from his QB (Eli) and 4 from his 1st round draft pick (Dez) but he got 29 from Hyde, 26 from Julio, and 18 each from the Ravens D and Brandon McManus. Lefty got disappointing games from Latavius Murray (7) Calvin Johnson (3) Davante Adams (5) and Doug Martin (5) and could have started any of the receivers on his bench and scored more points, but it still wouldn't have mattered.

Ram over TKO 101-96. Ram's first four draft picks combined for 14 points in a huge disappointment (C.J. Anderson, Beckham, Forsett, and Andre Johnson) but he got 28 out of Romo, 22 out of Kelce, 18 out of Woodhead, and 14 from the Rams D which was just enough to pull out the win. TKO got consistent games from everybody, but the 13 from Tannehill against the terrible Washington defense killed him as did the 7 that Stewart put up against a terrible Jacksonville D.
Barbarians at the Gate Recap

Shady over BK 126-79. Shady had a great start to the season scoring the 2nd most points in the entire MBBRL. He was helped out by the highest scoring quarterback (Brady 35) the highest scoring running back (Hyde 29) and the 2nd highest scoring tight end (Kelce 22). BK got good games from the Jets D and Matt Bryant, but a disappointing game from Peterson, Forsett, A.J. Green, Andre Johnson, and Greg Olsen.

Smitty over Face 101-100. One point game and it wasn't even the closest game of the league although since both teams scored 100 it gets my vote as the best game. This game wasn't over until about the 3 minute mark of the 4th quarter as Tevin Coleman ended up with exactly 80 yards on the ground for his 8 points. He was up to 84 yards and then lost 4 on his last carry so that is particularly brutal for Face especially in the first week. Smitty got 27 from Gronk, 19 from Ryan and 11 from the Lions D also and Face got 28 from Romo, 22 from Forte, 23 from Hopkins and 10 from Ellington, but the bad games from Gore (3) and Beckham (4) killed him in the end.

Cheesehead over Stomp 100-84. Cheesehead got good games from Julio Jones 26, Alfred Morris 12, the Dolphins D 17, and Delanie Walker 10 and he still scored 100 even with the 21 from Ivory and the 24 from the Broncos D on his bench. Stomp had consistent games from Lynch, Ingram, Marshall, Tucker, the Bengals D, and Cam, but no great games and a goose egg from Desean Jackson was too tough to overcome.

Haroldseattle over Monkey 97-77. Harold got 20 from Big Ben, 18 from Jeremy Hill, 12 from Deangelo, 11 from Graham, 12 from the Bills D, and 11 from Carpenter on his way to the victory even though he got 0 from Agholor. Monkey got sub-par performances from just about his whole team that weren't Rams, but hey it's not like he had better options on his bench.

Micro over Foot 90-86. Micro got off to a good start this year riding Andrew Luck 21, Eddie Lacy 15, Ameer Abdullah 15, the Seahawks D 20, and Steven Hauschka 11 to victory despite getting only 8 total from his 4 other players. All Foot needed was the Vinatieri to make his only field goal attempt and they would have tied, but instead he got -1 from his kicker. Anybody else see the irony in a KICKER letting FOOT down. He did get solid games from Russell Wilson, Antonio Brown and Jason Witten, but it wasn't enough in the end.

OBX and Steelers tie 73-73. Oh how important matchups are in this game. Face scored 100 which tied for the 3rd best score in the league and he's 0-1. If OBX and Steelers had played anybody else in the entire Barbarians league they would have lost, but alas in a dream scheduling for both of them they played each other. OBX got 28 from Rodgers and 13 from Murray, but only 32 combined from his other 7 starters including 0 from Josh Hill. Steelers got 16 from Keenan Allen, 15 from Charles, and 11 from Martellus Bennett, but only 7 from Eli, and 3 from Megatron and he left the 16 points from Kendall Wright on his bench.

League Notes

The Keepers outscored the Barbarians 1202-1086 in week 1 and five of the top six scores came from the A league. Something very interesting though is that I added up the total bench points in each league and the A league left 237 points on their benches, but the B league only left 239 points on their benches which means a lot of the players that gave the A league that huge advantage aren't even owned in the B league. I'm not figuring out who, but that's interesting.

The 153 points that Fuzzy put up in week 1 were only outscored twice all of last season combined (week 8 Wilduff put up 154 and week 12 Tlance scored 162). That's how impressive that was.

Last year there were no ties and only 2 one point games in the Barbarians league in the entire season and we got one of each in the first week this year.

No relegation or oblivion/purgatory talk until week 5 this year because I don't want to get everybody's panties in a bunch again, but right now Shady would get the golden ticket to the A league.

Next week's matchups:

Keepers of the Flame

Fuzzy v. Treff
Barilko v. Joe
Bandit v. Tlance
Chef v. Sam
Milk v. TKO
Lefty v. Ram

Barbarians at the Gate

Smitty v. Shady
Face v. BK
Monkey v. Cheesehead
Haroldseattle v. Stomp
Foot v. Steelers
Micro v. OBX

And as always, here is your standings sheet.

mbbrl_week_1-jpg.29549.jpg

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WEEK 1 RECAP

View attachment 29710

And They're Off
"Gentleman, start your engines!!" No really Barilko, Lefty, OBX, and Steelers I said, "START YOUR ENGINES!!" Fuzzy is already two laps ahead of you guys. That was a very interesting first week and there is already injuries (Dez), disappointments (Peterson), and pleasant surprises (Forte) in the books and that's just from the guys drafted in the first round. Don't want to jump to too many conclusions after one week, but both the Broncos and Ravens offenses looked horrible, as did the Giants, Dolphins, and Lions (other than Ameer Abdullah). On the other hand, the Chiefs (especially Travis Kelce), Titans (how about that Marcus Mariota), Jets, Cardinals, and Carlos Hyde all looked great. Already have injuries to Dez Bryant, Andre Ellington, Desean Jackson, T.Y. Hilton, so let the waiver wiring begin. Now on to our recaps for the week:
Keepers of the Flame Recap

Fuzzy over Barilko 153-69. It's not often that the highest score in the entire MBBRL goes against the lowest score in the entire MBBRL but that's what happened here in an epic blowout by 84 points. Fuzzy started off with Brady (35), Deangelo Williams (12), Antonio Brown (19), and Markus Wheaton (7) on Thursday night and that would have been enough to win without adding Forte (22) Abdullah (15) Walker (10) and the Broncos D (24). Poor Barilko was littered with disappointments especially the 5 that Peterson got him. Hell he even managed to have a kicker get NEGATIVE points, how often does that happen? You deserve better Barilko.

Treff over Joe 102-82. Treff got off to a good start on the season getting 22 from Tyler Eifert and 20 from his Seahawks D along with consistent games from Stafford, Charles, and Randle which was enough to overcome 0 from Sammy Watkins and 1 from Andre Williams. Joe had sub-par games from Peyton (5), Olsen (1), Steve Smith (1) and the good games he had from Keenan Allen, the Jets D, and Matt Bryant just weren't enough to overcome the disappointments.

Bandit over Chef 91-85. Bandit overcame Desean Jackson's 0 to hold on for a 91-85 win getting 28 out of Rodgers and 15 from Lacy. Chef tried to make a comeback with his Eagles, but got 0 out of Agholor and both his and the Eagles bid to win came up short despite the 25 he got from the Panthers D.

Tlance over Sam 116-109. These two always seem to battle it out. Sam got double digit consistent games from 7 of his 9 players including 21 from Luck and 20 from Sankey, but it wasn't enough to overcome the 4 players that Tlance had score in the 20's (Big Ben 20, Ivory 21, Hopkins 23, and Gronk 27) even though he had bad games from Bell, Demaryius Thomas, Allen Robinson, and the Packers D. These two scored the 4th and 5th most points in the entire MBBRL this week.

Milk over Lefty 123-75. In what was another blowout, Milk only got 7 from his QB (Eli) and 4 from his 1st round draft pick (Dez) but he got 29 from Hyde, 26 from Julio, and 18 each from the Ravens D and Brandon McManus. Lefty got disappointing games from Latavius Murray (7) Calvin Johnson (3) Davante Adams (5) and Doug Martin (5) and could have started any of the receivers on his bench and scored more points, but it still wouldn't have mattered.

Ram over TKO 101-96. Ram's first four draft picks combined for 14 points in a huge disappointment (C.J. Anderson, Beckham, Forsett, and Andre Johnson) but he got 28 out of Romo, 22 out of Kelce, 18 out of Woodhead, and 14 from the Rams D which was just enough to pull out the win. TKO got consistent games from everybody, but the 13 from Tannehill against the terrible Washington defense killed him as did the 7 that Stewart put up against a terrible Jacksonville D.
Barbarians at the Gate Recap

Shady over BK 126-79. Shady had a great start to the season scoring the 2nd most points in the entire MBBRL. He was helped out by the highest scoring quarterback (Brady 35) the highest scoring running back (Hyde 29) and the 2nd highest scoring tight end (Kelce 22). BK got good games from the Jets D and Matt Bryant, but a disappointing game from Peterson, Forsett, A.J. Green, Andre Johnson, and Greg Olsen.

Smitty over Face 101-100. One point game and it wasn't even the closest game of the league although since both teams scored 100 it gets my vote as the best game. This game wasn't over until about the 3 minute mark of the 4th quarter as Tevin Coleman ended up with exactly 80 yards on the ground for his 8 points. He was up to 84 yards and then lost 4 on his last carry so that is particularly brutal for Face especially in the first week. Smitty got 27 from Gronk, 19 from Ryan and 11 from the Lions D also and Face got 28 from Romo, 22 from Forte, 23 from Hopkins and 10 from Ellington, but the bad games from Gore (3) and Beckham (4) killed him in the end.

Cheesehead over Stomp 100-84. Cheesehead got good games from Julio Jones 26, Alfred Morris 12, the Dolphins D 17, and Delanie Walker 10 and he still scored 100 even with the 21 from Ivory and the 24 from the Broncos D on his bench. Stomp had consistent games from Lynch, Ingram, Marshall, Tucker, the Bengals D, and Cam, but no great games and a goose egg from Desean Jackson was too tough to overcome.

Haroldseattle over Monkey 97-77. Harold got 20 from Big Ben, 18 from Jeremy Hill, 12 from Deangelo, 11 from Graham, 12 from the Bills D, and 11 from Carpenter on his way to the victory even though he got 0 from Agholor. Monkey got sub-par performances from just about his whole team that weren't Rams, but hey it's not like he had better options on his bench.

Micro over Foot 90-86. Micro got off to a good start this year riding Andrew Luck 21, Eddie Lacy 15, Ameer Abdullah 15, the Seahawks D 20, and Steven Hauschka 11 to victory despite getting only 8 total from his 4 other players. All Foot needed was the Vinatieri to make his only field goal attempt and they would have tied, but instead he got -1 from his kicker. Anybody else see the irony in a KICKER letting FOOT down. He did get solid games from Russell Wilson, Antonio Brown and Jason Witten, but it wasn't enough in the end.

OBX and Steelers tie 73-73. Oh how important matchups are in this game. Face scored 100 which tied for the 3rd best score in the league and he's 0-1. If OBX and Steelers had played anybody else in the entire Barbarians league they would have lost, but alas in a dream scheduling for both of them they played each other. OBX got 28 from Rodgers and 13 from Murray, but only 32 combined from his other 7 starters including 0 from Josh Hill. Steelers got 16 from Keenan Allen, 15 from Charles, and 11 from Martellus Bennett, but only 7 from Eli, and 3 from Megatron and he left the 16 points from Kendall Wright on his bench.

League Notes

The Keepers outscored the Barbarians 1202-1086 in week 1 and five of the top six scores came from the A league. Something very interesting though is that I added up the total bench points in each league and the A league left 237 points on their benches, but the B league only left 239 points on their benches which means a lot of the players that gave the A league that huge advantage aren't even owned in the B league. I'm not figuring out who, but that's interesting.

The 153 points that Fuzzy put up in week 1 were only outscored twice all of last season combined (week 8 Wilduff put up 154 and week 12 Tlance scored 162). That's how impressive that was.

Last year there were no ties and only 2 one point games in the Barbarians league in the entire season and we got one of each in the first week this year.

No relegation or oblivion/purgatory talk until week 5 this year because I don't want to get everybody's panties in a bunch again, but right now Shady would get the golden ticket to the A league.

Next week's matchups:

Keepers of the Flame

Fuzzy v. Treff
Barilko v. Joe
Bandit v. Tlance
Chef v. Sam
Milk v. TKO
Lefty v. Ram

Barbarians at the Gate

Smitty v. Shady
Face v. BK
Monkey v. Cheesehead
Haroldseattle v. Stomp
Foot v. Steelers
Micro v. OBX

And as always, here is your standings sheet.

View attachment 29711

Good job as always Bandit. I started a thread doing recaps from all the MBBRL leagues if you want to put it there in the future. Save me a little time and you would only have to post it once.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sent a couple of offers out but they were unlikely to happen but I have talent on my bench so im willing to move them. Let me know if anyone is interested.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loving the rest of the jackasses. :pound:

Should be a interesting week. Going to to unleash my 2 TE fantasy set of Kelce/Eifert on Smitty this week. ESPN is not very high on our squad this week. As a 10 point dog to Smitty. :tsk:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Should be a interesting week. Going to to unleash my 2 TE fantasy set of Kelce/Eifert on Smitty this week. ESPN is not very high on our squad this week. As a 10 point dog to Smitty. :tsk:

I love it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm giving my team one more week. Moves will be made Tuesday morning if I have another shitty week

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd been rooting for Kelce all night.

But not now!