• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL B-League(Barbarians at the Gate)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say as surprised as I am/was to see Hill at 1 the fact remains that he wouldn't be there with Harold's next pick at 24. so if Seattle believes in Hill against the other usual culprits then his pick is solid
What does surprise me is he got Cobb and Jimmy G with 24 and 25.

Very surprised to see Cobb there and I too am suprised that Shady made it to 14

Harold with me picking at 1 24 25 I can only hope to do as well as you. Yet some how I doubt it
Thanks Barilko!

The reason I went with Hill is no red flags. He looked great last year, no health issues, same team, same system, etc.
Picking #1 you can't afford to pick someone who may not perform, because your only getting one chance at a stud RB.
Mulling over the other RBs I see Lynch with a back issue, AP with age, a long lay off and maybe not happy to still be a Viking, Charles, injuries issue, D. Murray has injuries issues and a new team and system, Shady new team, new system and didn't act like he wanted to be on the Bills team, not a great year last year and got his pot of gold, Bell is missing the first two games and his season ended last year with a injury. So...I felt that Hill was the safest bet.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Barilko!

The reason I went with Hill is no red flags. He looked great last year, no health issues, same team, same system, etc.
Picking #1 you can't afford to pick someone who may not perform, because your only getting one chance at a stud RB.
Mulling over the other RBs I see Lynch with a back issue, AP with age, a long lay off and maybe not happy to still be a Viking, Charles, injuries issue, D. Murray has injuries issues and a new team and system, Shady new team, new system and didn't act like he wanted to be on the Bills team, not a great year last year and got his pot of gold, Bell is missing the first two games and his season ended last year with a injury. So...I felt that Hill was the safest bet.
Solid reasoning no way Cobb makes it back to 24 in the KOTF though

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he won't, but someone worth picking will be, just make it count. No long shots.
You may of made some KOTF boys happy by having me lean closer to Hill than I was. Except TKO who I'm sure wants him.

I'm still torn I may yet go Bell he is only missing 2 games. and Lacy or Charles could work well

let's keep em guessing until next weekend.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may of made some KOTF boys happy by having me lean closer to Hill than I was. Except TKO who I'm sure wants him.

I'm still torn I may yet go Bell he is only missing 2 games. and Lacy or Charles could work well

let's keep em guessing until next weekend.
I was only hoping to get AP, Lacy, or Bell. I'd suggest though if u grab Bell, don't wait too long on Deangelo. You'll need him for the first couple weeks.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was only hoping to get AP, Lacy, or Bell. I'd suggest though if u grab Bell, don't wait too long on Deangelo. You'll need him for the first couple weeks.

I don't think there is any rush to grab DeAngelo, I don't think he was even drafted in the Barbarian league and your still looking at starting two iffy RBs first two weeks. I feel blessed to play Monkey right out of the gate.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is any rush to grab DeAngelo, I don't think he was even drafted in the Barbarian league and your still looking at starting two iffy RBs first two weeks. I feel blessed to play Monkey right out of the gate.
He's going to be their starter the first 2 weeks. If you don't have 2 starting caliber RBs, guys that will get the bulk of the carries, I'd make a rush to pick him up. 2 weeks means a lot in fantasy football.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid reasoning no way Cobb makes it back to 24 in the KOTF though
TKO and I have already had that conversation. I mentioned he's not getting by my second pick. .TKO informed me not to worry as he'll be gone by my second pick...so yeah pretty much!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to be their starter the first 2 weeks. If you don't have 2 starting caliber RBs, guys that will get the bulk of the carries, I'd make a rush to pick him up. 2 weeks means a lot in fantasy football.

I prefer taking Tre Mason to fill in for Bell's suspension.
I was lucky enough to still land Joseph Randle in Barbarians that I won't be forced to play Mason vs SEA in week 1, but the volume will be there, as Gurley is projected to sit out at least 2-3 weeks to start the year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just FYI guys, I know we all plan on moving up to the A team next season, but just in case, next year let's hold our draft as late as possible , the A league now has the advantage of knowing that Benjamin is out of the year, Nelson also and that Rogers has a injuryand McCoy is having hammy problems. That's a nice advantage for them over the B team, because we drafted early.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just FYI guys, I know we all plan on moving up to the A team next season, but just in case, next year let's hold our draft as late as possible , the A league now has the advantage of knowing that Benjamin is out of the year, Nelson also and that Rogers has a injuryand McCoy is having hammy problems. That's a nice advantage for them over the B team, because we drafted early.
Just like the dynasty league, everyone got so ancey(sp?) to draft. We had plenty of time to get each done. These are great examples of why drafts don't need to be rushed.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like the dynasty league, everyone got so ancey(sp?) to draft. We had plenty of time to get each done. These are great examples of why drafts don't need to be rushed.
Well the dynasty league was a slow draft, with a lot rounds and 14 teams, so hard to say how long that would take, besides most of us had boatloads of drafts in August. In hindsight it would of been nice to have it later.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even though I have both Benjamin and Rodgers, I am glad we drafted when we did. Because I had to make an unexpected trip to Virginia this weekend and would have missed the draft.

I am looking to trade Benjamin in this league for a draft pick in the dynasty. Any takers?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up fellas?

Just checkin' in on my former peeps! Who's tradin'?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I traded Kevin White to waivers for Lil' Danny Woodhead earlier today.

That's a good trade; I traded Jordy Nelson for Lil' Stevie Johnson.

If you haven't read about our draft, don't ask. Matter of fact, don't ask anyway. :rolleyes2: