• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL B-League(Barbarians at the Gate)

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold, TK and SP all tied at 5-9 last year.

TK also appears to have the tie breaker on Harold based on their divisional standings.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold, TK and SP all tied at 5-9 last year.

TK also appears to have the tie breaker on Harold based on their divisional standings.

I'll check on all that, and double check our tie breakers, something tells me the power ranking was our tie breaker, not division rankings. .

But regardless, we'd have to have basically 100 percent return, AND a couple interested parties whom the group might want to give a chance to, for there to be anything to worry about. Chances are, there will be at least 2 holes to fill anyways

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 14 Recap

Here are your playoff teams:

playoff_teams_B.jpg

#1 seed Smitty 11-3
#2 seed Micro 8-6
#3 seed Milk 8-6
#4 seed Chef 10-4

Chef plays Smitty and Micro plays Milk

Not near as much drama in the Barbarians league as the breakdown title didn't end up being much of a fight and all the games with playoff implications were decided pretty early. Both Micro and Foot lost again, so Micro ended up winning that division by default. Smitty pulled back ahead of Chef with his victory and Chef's loss. The top 4 scores last week came from non-playoff teams: Cheesehead, OBX, TK, and Shady and the closest game was a 30 point win by Shady. Here is a recap of the individual games:

Cheesehead takes out a season of frustration on Harold

Cheesehead got monster games from Leveon Bell, Cutler, Murray, and Joique Bell on his way to 148 points and the most points in both leagues. Micro got good games from Luck, Lacy, Olsen, and the Lions D, but his other 5 players combined for 13. Cheesehead goes to 7-7 and wishes the season was just a little longer and Harold falls to 5-9 although neither will be in the bottom 2.

TK storms past Milk

TK put up his most impressive performance in quite some time with a 124-88 win over Milk. He got a monster game out of his Falcons (Ryan and Jones) who combined for 70 points and good games out of Steven Jackson and Jared Cook. Milk is limping into the playoffs and has some serious running back issues as the 3 he played combined for 6 points. Milk falls to 8-6 and won the Ostrogoths division, TK improves to 5-9, but still finds himself in the bottom 2 of the power rankings.

Smitty is the only playoff team to win in the last week

Smitty was the only of the playoff teams to take care of business last week pulling out a 113-70 win over BK. Smitty got good games from Forte, Crowell, Hilton, and the Rams D and he should have enough wide receiver depth that the loss of Brandon Marshall for the season shouldn't hurt him too badly. BK got 33 out of Rodgers and disappointment out of the rest. Smitty moves to 11-3 and the #1 overall seed and BK falls to 6-8 but is safe from the bottom 2.

The real Shady doesn't hold a candle to our Shady

The Shady Bunch defeated Chef and his namesake 121-91 last week behind good games from Romo, Lynch, Foster, Antonio Brown, Martellus Bennett, the Texans D, and Mason Crosby. Chef got good games from Nelson and Brady but that's it although he still scored enough points to win the coveted breakdown title and the guaranteed spot in the A league. That ought to make being the wild card instead of the division winner feel better. Chef falls to 10-4 and Shady improves to 6-8.

Steelers shows his pride

Already with a foregone conclusion to being in the bottom 2, Steelers could have curled up in the fetal position like Peyton Manning taking a sack, but he didn't and did his part to play spoiler for Micro winning the division with a 105-71 victory over Micro. Steelers got 34 out of Big Ben, 28 out of A.J. Green, and 28 out the Giants D and that was plenty. Micro had the disappointment that was Peyton Manning's 2 points which went well with Demaryius Thomas's 1 point. Micro fell to 8-6 and Steelers improved to 5-9.

Foot could kick himself

A victory in either of the last two weeks would have seen Foot in the playoffs, but after losing last week, he fell again to OBX and his playoff hopes were dashed. Obx finished the season winning 5 of his last 6 games and again scored in triple digits getting big games from Stafford, Charles, Jeffery, Beckham, and the Cardinals D. Foot can't beat himself up too much because if he would have started all 14 players on his roster he still would have lost. Foot falls to 7-7 and OBX improves to 6-8.

Final notes

As stated before and on an earlier post, Chef will join the ranks of the A league next year winning the coveted breakdown title at 95-59 even though he only posted a 4-7 breakdown record this week leaving the door wide open for Micro, but Micro's Broncos did him in giving him only a 1-10 breakdown record this week and leaving him in 2nd place at 88-65-1.

The two teams in the bottom two of the league which might mean something but probably means nothing were TK (4 power ranking) and Steelers (6 power ranking) even though both scored in the top 6 points this week.

Cheesehead ended up with the 3rd most points and the 5th best breakdown record, but out of the playoffs.

The only teams that seem to be firing on all cylinders right now are Chef and Smitty and they both play each other this week. Milk and Micro have kind of limped into the playoffs, but they get to play each other this week for the right to meet either Chef or Smitty in the championship.

So, we know that two teams are moving up and that Chef is one of them because of his breakdown title. The other team will be the Super Bowl champion unless Chef wins the Super Bowl also, then Smitty would move up because he is the #1 overall seed.

Enclosed are your final standings and good luck to all the playoff teams and congratulations:

MBBRL_Week_14.jpg

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, sorry again, Smitty!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, sorry again, Smitty!
Hahaha. You got all cultured and refined, moved to a city, or atleast a permanent village and bathe and comb your hair. It's cool. We all dream of leaving our pillaging days behind us.

I'm only sorry you and I won't be able to trade this year.

Well that and Milk won with Mark Sanchise. But sorry might not be the word I'm looking for there. Hahaha

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't remember what the tiebreaker was but pretty sure it wasn't in my favor

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, thanks Harold for digging through the stuff to find that.

So Chef and Milk move up, myself and Monkey (I think) move down..and SP, and TK are open to the possibility of oblivion.

We're not even going to discuss that possibility until after we've got a good idea of who will be back. If there's already going to be openings, there's no reason to open that Pandora's box

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BATG ROLL CALL--

1. Treff
2. Monkey
3. Harold
4. Smitty
5. Trudem
6. BK.??..can't even find a username for BK..not a good sign
7. @The Foot
8. @SoShady
9. ???
10. ???
11.---
12.---
open to oblivion, but noted as wanting in--
STEELERSPRIDE and TK

Because some of you refused to have a team name which tied you to the board, I have no idea who the other 2 missing members are

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BATG ROLL CALL--

1. Treff
2. Monkey
3. Harold
4. Smitty
5. Trudem
6. BK.??..can't even find a username for BK..not a good sign
7. @The Foot
8. @SoShady
9. ???
10. ???
11.---
12.---
open to oblivion, but noted as wanting in--
STEELERSPRIDE and TK

Because some of you refused to have a team name which tied you to the board, I have no idea who the other 2 missing members are

His name is bksballer89

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obx looks like one of the missing...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and Micro.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like SP and TK's hopes are tied to those final three claiming thier spots, and any potential outside interest, pending a MBBRL-wide vote

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like SP and TK's hopes are tied to those final three claiming thier spots, and any potential outside interest, pending a MBBRL-wide vote
Or if there's a hole to fill in KOTF, which moves Myself or Monkey back into A league. .that'd open up a spot also. .we'll see