• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mayweather...

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me guess, you think Floyd will knock out Manny :pound:

No, he'll just do Manny like he does everyone else. Defend himself, pick his spots, and pick Manny apart over 12 rounds. Manny is aggressive, he's always walking forward. Floyd is a counterpuncher. Manny plays right into what Floyd is the best at.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Mayweather will only fight him if Pacquiao agrees to take less than 40 million for the fight, yeah this is just another way of Floyd saying "it'll never happen, but I don't want people to know I'm ducking".

He's a punk, he's always bitching Manny won't fight him but Mayweather insists on a 60-40 split.

Floyd is a bigger draw, a bigger money maker. After losing a couple of fights, Manny needs the fight for his legacy more than Floyd does. If Manny wants the fight, he'll take the 60-40 split.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If mayweather is sooo Confident. Then give the winner the lions share of 60-40 (or whatever split he is demanding)
I always thought the winner should get the bigger purse no matter who the name is. But that is just me.

I always felt this way too. At least if Manny wins he should get a 50-50 split but 40-60 if he loses.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody buys that. Mayweather had no foundation to accuse Pac of steroids. If Pac was doing anything wrong, he wouldn't have sued him for libel, since the only defense is the accusation FM could have is it being true. Funny how FM could provide no evidence (talking out of his arse doesn't count) once he was forced to.

Pac has done every drug test ever required by boxing authorities. Passed them all. Mayweather has no right to ask him to do anything extra. It was a ploy to avoid the fight and a transparent one.

This fight gets done if both guys want it. Would have gotten done long ago. It's pretty obvious who doesn't.

Manny went from a good fighter with high end speed and decent power to a lightning quick killer with the power of a guy 3 weight classes higher. I'm not saying that hard work and determination didn't make that happen but it's certainly a reason for people to think Manny was juicing. Floyd didn't start those rumors, he just latched on. And since he made those accusations, Manny hasn't been the same fighter. And what is Floyd, a fucking detective? What proof was he supposed to provide? I doubt that if Manny was juicing that Floyd was sticking him or supplying him. And plenty of guilty people sue for libel when there's no proof of the truth.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ Mayweather haters. If Money May was ducking, why did he have a contract ready to fight the first time? Someone scary would've never got that far. Manny is the one that made the fight not happen, because he was scared of needles lol.

Manny agreed to mayweather ridiculous drug testing policy years ago and once that happened mayweather was too concerned with how much money Manny would make from the fight even though he was getting more

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Floyd is a bigger draw, a bigger money maker. After losing a couple of fights, Manny needs the fight for his legacy more than Floyd does. If Manny wants the fight, he'll take the 60-40 split.

This makes no sense, why does Manny need this for his legacy? His legacy is better than Floyd's. At the end of the day, we are talking about the biggest purse in boxing history, you need 2 fighters in order to get it done. This whole notion that "Floyd doesn't need to fight him" is ridiculous.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes no sense, why does Manny need this for his legacy? His legacy is better than Floyd's. At the end of the day, we are talking about the biggest purse in boxing history, you need 2 fighters in order to get it done. This whole notion that "Floyd doesn't need to fight him" is ridiculous.

Are you shitting me? If you think Manny's legacy is stronger than Floyd's then we might as well end the conversation. Floyd is undefeated, Manny has, what, 6 losses now? Floyd should fight him but Manny certainly needs the fight more.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you shitting me? If you think Manny's legacy is stronger than Floyd's then we might as well end the conversation. Floyd is undefeated, Manny has, what, 6 losses now? Floyd should fight him but Manny certainly needs the fight more.

Floyd handpicking opponents in order to stay undefeated makes him the greatest? Okay, bud.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Floyd handpicking opponents in order to stay undefeated makes him the greatest? Okay, bud.

Yeah you're right. It's easy to retire an undefeated champion. It's easy to fool people who follow boxing religiously 24/7 and who have listed Mayweather as the best pound for pound fighter in the world for 15 years or so. You've got it all figures out because you watch 2 or 3 boxing matches a year... On TV from your living room.

If only Floyd Mayweather would have fought Timothy Bradley we old have seen him lose his belt. JMM probably would have knocked Money out cold like he did to Pac man if they had ever fought. All he does is hand pick his opponents taking fights with guys like Chris Algieri, while Manny Pacquiao puts it all on the line every time by fighting guys with real one punch knockout power like Canello Alverez and Marcus Maidana (twice). Oh wait, I start out being sarcastic because it was impossible for me to take what you said seriously. But about halfway through even sarcasm wasn't enough and I had to look at things exactly backwards for it to make any sense.

I think what may have happened is you got confused. Floyd Mayweather is the black guy, not the Pacific Islander.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you're right. It's easy to retire an undefeated champion. It's easy to fool people who follow boxing religiously 24/7 and who have listed Mayweather as the best pound for pound fighter in the world for 15 years or so. You've got it all figures out because you watch 2 or 3 boxing matches a year... On TV from your living room.

If only Floyd Mayweather would have fought Timothy Bradley we old have seen him lose his belt. JMM probably would have knocked Money out cold like he did to Pac man if they had ever fought. All he does is hand pick his opponents taking fights with guys like Chris Algieri, while Manny Pacquiao puts it all on the line every time by fighting guys with real one punch knockout power like Canello Alverez and Marcus Maidana (twice). Oh wait, I start out being sarcastic because it was impossible for me to take what you said seriously. But about halfway through even sarcasm wasn't enough and I had to look at things exactly backwards for it to make any sense.

I think what may have happened is you got confused. Floyd Mayweather is the black guy, not the Pacific Islander.

Lay off the crack, Pacquiao was named fighter of the decade for the 2000's by these guys "who follow boxing religiously". Over 20 more fights in Pacquiao's career, maybe Mayweather should retire for another 2 years so he can make sure he has the advantage over Pacquiao. Pacquiao has beaten way more high caliber boxers in his career. Mayweather has a history of picking and choosing the best fights for himself, Pacquiao fights everyone.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know if Floyd doesn't fight him, he will be remembered by way more people for ducking Pacquiao (after he waited and waited for him to get older and slower) than his undefeated record.

Actually, not many people sue others for libel when they are guilty. It begs for an investigation into the allegation. This should be common sense.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when boxers fought the best fighters, manny wouldn't be the first guy money avoided, who all happened to be top contenders at the time.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day if you are who you say you are, prove it.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the only quote I need from Money Mayweather, "Sometimes they say, 'Well, Floyd Mayweather's opponents were handpicked.' That's a good thing," Mayweather said during a conference call with reporters, "I commend my team … when I sit back and I think about my career, I say 'you know what? I had a cool career. I didn't take any punishment'.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are slowing down. I'd have paid money to watch 10, even 5 years ago. Three years or so down the road, after Mayweather has a loss or comes out of retirement (whichever occurs first) and these two agree on terms and enter the ring, I'll read about it.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manny went from a good fighter with high end speed and decent power to a lightning quick killer with the power of a guy 3 weight classes higher. I'm not saying that hard work and determination didn't make that happen but it's certainly a reason for people to think Manny was juicing. Floyd didn't start those rumors, he just latched on. And since he made those accusations, Manny hasn't been the same fighter. And what is Floyd, a fucking detective? What proof was he supposed to provide?

Yeah, Pacquiao started at the lightest weight but he also started when he was 16 years old and stood 4'11. Pacquiao has always gotten it done with volume punching and swinging momentum into his punches. His style is completely unique to him in the same way Mayweather does the Philly Shell like no one else, and it perfectly compliments his power. Steroid allegations are cop-outs, and completely baseless.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't say Floyd was the greatest. I said he is undefeated and has a stronger legacy than Manny who has had his ass handed to him 5 times.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say Floyd was the greatest. I said he is undefeated and has a stronger legacy than Manny who has had his ass handed to him 5 times.

Losses tend to happen when you constantly give good fighters rematches and you don't handpick all your fights or retire for a number of years in order to take less punishment. It's like Floyd fans don't know anything about boxing history. Floyd would get his ass handed to him if the ring was as small today as it was in Sugar Ray Robinson's time.

Floyd's undefeated record would mean next to nothing if he doesn't fight against Pacquiao. By the way, who has Maidana beaten? I'm curious.

Last edited by a moderator:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This fight no longer holds any appeal.