• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mayweather/Ortiz

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know this is a Niner board, but that match was F'd up. Im a african american male I'm not a big Mayweather fan. But my reason for this post is I didnt like the headutt by Ortiz, but that was a cheap knockout by Mayweather wasnt coo at all. I was watching the fight with alot of folks and I told them that was the same as the referee in the NFL blowing the whistle and a DE or LB taking a shot at the QB. The ref in the match wasnt even looking at the fighters. That was BS

krunchdoggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know this is a Niner board, but that match was F'd up. Im a african american male I'm not a big Mayweather fan. But my reason for this post is I didnt like the headutt by Ortiz, but that was a cheap knockout by Mayweather wasnt coo at all. I was watching the fight with alot of folks and I told them that was the same as the referee in the NFL blowing the whistle and a DE or LB taking a shot at the QB. The ref in the match wasnt even looking at the fighters. That was BS

Did not watch the fight but my boy said the headbutt was out of frustraton. Is that true? If so he got what he deserved. I read that the ref said Mayweather did nothing wrong. Thats why they say protect yourself at all times.

Cerathalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yea the headbutt was out of frustration. Ortiz missed a few punches when he had Mayweather cornered and then speared him with his head. I think Ortiz was like 0 for 36 with jabs or something crazy like that.

You can blame all 3 people:
The ref should have kept them separated, until he was paying attention.
Ortiz should have kept his eyes on the other fighter while in the ring.
And it was a cheap shot.

Overall I thought it was a fitting end and kind of funny, the cheap shot got the guy KO'd and those who hate Mayweather have more to add to the list.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yea the headbutt was out of frustration. Ortiz missed a few punches when he had Mayweather cornered and then speared him with his head. I think Ortiz was like 0 for 36 with jabs or something crazy like that.

And it was a cheap shot.

Overall I thought it was a fitting end and kind of funny, the cheap shot got the guy KO'd and those who hate Mayweather have more to add to the list.

And now Larry Merchant wants a piece of Mayweather.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

And it was a cheap shot.

I think it was kind of out of frustrastion. Hit did miss alot of punches

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was funny, but also a bad night for boxing at all. Ortiz was going to lose, but he sure as heck complicated matters by having a mental collapse of epic proportions with the head butt, then not paying attention when Floyd floored him. Also, the ref, Joe Cortez, was looking at the corner and didn't say anything to the fighters to initiate the match during Mayweather's onslaught.

Was it a cheap shot on Mayweather's part? Kinda, but he did what he had to do and used his experience in taking out Ortiz while he had his gloves down. Despite this, I'm not a fan of Mayweather's because the person that he is on and off the ring. You saw how he ripped apart his father on 24/7, and then ripping on Larry Merchant on national tv. The guy may be one of the very best fighters in the history of the sport, but he absolutely has no class whatsoever. People may root for Mayweather for the fighter that he is, but I really hope none of us roots for him because of who he is the core.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the fight should have ended with the headbutt. kudos to mayweather for teaching him a lesson. well two lessons, keep your hands up and when you're losing don't try to use your head as a battering ram to gain the upper hand.

and ya larry merchant for president

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boxing is dead, UFC all the way lol

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya i love 10 min grapling matches. i'd much rather watch asian chicks mud wrestling. maybe i can pitch it to playboy and get on tv!

While i will agree that sometimes the fights are boring. Its has way more exciting moments than Boxing, the knockouts and submission techniques are bar none. At least in UFC the top contenders will fight eachother.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UFC is by far the most boring of all MMA organizations. Sure they have the best fighters and have some great fights.... but guys try to win on points in the UFC. Maybe because they have already proven themselves and are trying to elongate their careers. This is a whole other story I could get into for days so I will end it with that. I do love MMA though.

As far as the Mayweather fight.... I think that Ortiz was out of line with his headbutt. At least....at LEAST be discrete about it like Holyfield used to in the day. When you launch yourself at a dude like that, you might as well have kicked him or bit his ear. He deserved what he got for trying to hug Mayweather like 5 times and give him a kiss. That's not boxing. They already touched em up and moved on. Bottom line, you are there to fight. So you touch em up and get ready. Not touch gloves, hug, kiss, touch gloves, hug, touch gloves. The ref clapped his hands signaling that it was go time. So fight... Mayweather did just that. It might have been a hair early, but at the point they were at..fuck it. Mayweather had already won the fight. He got in Ortiz head and it was over. The second the headbutt came, the fight was over anyway.