• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mayock's view on trading up

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd only want to trade up for Mack. I'd prefer to trade down. I don't see a need on offense. If someone falls to 10, I'd be okay drafting them there but I don't want to lose picks to get em.

* In walks Lionstop1

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This statement is the most compelling for me coming from any draft analyst

If Detroit’s there at 10 and the one or two guys they really wanted are gone, even if they move down five or six spots and they got one pick, a third-round (pick), to me, that’s a bonus. Why not?” Mayock said.You’re going to get the same guy at 14 as you’re going to get at 10, and if you pick up a third- or fourth-round pick, that’s awesome. So I don’t think it’s something they’re going to know until they get on the clock.”

The probability of Donald, Dix, Gilbert, Pryor, Dennard still exist at slot #'s 11 thru 16, IMO, in a trade down. Any one of these players can become impact players. Acquiring an extra 3rd with one trade down or a couple 4ths with a double trade down, 2 slots each, (could be used for a mid-late 3rd trade up) and provides more depth, which we desperately need.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny part about it is if Detroit just happens to land Watkins, those guys would immediately change their tune and praise them for such a bold move.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you knew I was coming in LP. Lmaoooo

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The probability of Donald, Dix, Gilbert, Pryor, Dennard still exist at slot #'s 11 thru 16, IMO, in a trade down. Any one of these players can become impact players. Acquiring an extra 3rd with one trade down or a couple 4ths with a double trade down, 2 slots each, (could be used for a mid-late 3rd trade up) and provides more depth, which we desperately need.

Wish there was at least one more defensive prospect worthy of a top ten pick. Clowney is a top 2 lock and Mack scares the hell out of me, coming from a small college.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish there was at least one more defensive prospect worthy of a top ten pick. Clowney is a top 2 lock and Mack scares the hell out of me, coming from a small college.

Due to the competition level played against? Yes I get that. Do you know his backround? B-Ball player first. Hurt shoulder labrum tear I think??? not sure. Football was a Jr. Sr. thing. Most get recruited in Jr. season of H.S. 90% of time. He was recruited by a coach from Liberty U. He got hired at Buffalo and took Mack with him. Read from a few if he played all 4 yrs. in HS he would have been recruited heavy... course those are assumptions. Really he is a Ziggy style guy. Freakish athlete huge upside and still learning game.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack scares me too because of the competition he's faced. I take it a step further and say SEC players are better then the rest of the talent. Pains me to say it because I'm a Big Ten guy and Michigan fan. How many 1st round picks did Alabama have last year? How many 1st round picks has Michigan had in the past decade?

I'm not going to look it up because it won't be pretty.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lionstop1's special mock release Wednesday at Noon.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lionstop1's special mock release Wednesday at Noon.

For some reason, I'm hopping on the Evans train.....I hate the SEC but going into the season with just Tate and CJ, I want some reassurance. I know Watkins won't be there and let's try the WR route one more time......Can't keep coming up bust can it? Maybe Zanders knows a little about talent. Let's not fool ourselves here, Mayhew didn't hit gold last year, it was Zanders.

I got your back lionstop, until the Lions draft a LB at 10 then it's the same ole Lions. You never draft a LB in the top 10 the same as you don't draft a kicker in the top 10.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have, Evans just might be available.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack scares me too because of the competition he's faced. I take it a step further and say SEC players are better then the rest of the talent. Pains me to say it because I'm a Big Ten guy and Michigan fan. How many 1st round picks did Alabama have last year? How many 1st round picks has Michigan had in the past decade?

I'm not going to look it up because it won't be pretty.
Texas Tech looks like they're putting 3 guys in the top ten this year... that impressive as hell, and a boost for non-SEC schools. I think the talent across the board is better in the SEC, but elite talent is elite talent regardless of conference.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Tech looks like they're putting 3 guys in the top ten this year... that impressive as hell, and a boost for non-SEC schools. I think the talent across the board is better in the SEC, but elite talent is elite talent regardless of conference.

Watch how guys drop in the draft and think to yourself (why is he dropping) You will have your answer.

Watch Manziel be the first QB off the table......Don't listen to network or blogs, believe your eyes......Eyes don't lie.

I won't be shocked in the slightest if Johnny is #1 overall.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch how guys drop in the draft and think to yourself (why is he dropping) You will have your answer.

Watch Manziel be the first QB off the table......Don't listen to network or blogs, believe your eyes......Eyes don't lie.

I won't be shocked in the slightest if Johnny is #1 overall.

Huh?

Are you agreeing with me about Texas Tech (not a SEC school) putting three guys in the top 10, or are you saying it won't happen?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh?

Are you agreeing with me about Texas Tech (not a SEC school) putting three guys in the top 10, or are you saying it won't happen?

? Not agreeing or disagreeing......Lets look at the 32 overall picks for the 1st round and I think you will have your answer regardless if TT puts 3 in the 1st round.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
? Not agreeing or disagreeing......Lets look at the 32 overall picks for the 1st round and I think you will have your answer regardless if TT puts 3 in the 1st round.

I see. You don't think three picks in the top ten for one school is as impressive as however many guys a whole conference puts in the 1st round?

If the SEC is the best conference based on their guy's draft status, then that makes Texas Tech the best school in the country this year from a talent standpoint...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to have a draft day counter.....Everytime a selection is made, just list the name and the conference they came from. The cream will rise to the top.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see. You don't think three picks in the top ten for one school is as impressive as however many guys a whole conference puts in the 1st round?

If the SEC is the best conference based on their guy's draft status, then that makes Texas Tech the best school in the country this year from a talent standpoint...

Let me know when TT gets 3 players drafted in the top ten let alone in the first round.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh?

I'm not following. Do you mean aTm(Texas A&M)? Bc they have the potential for 3 top 10 picks in Manziel, Matthews, and Evans. And they are now an SEC school.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not following. Do you mean aTm(Texas A&M)? Bc they have the potential for 3 top 10 picks in Manziel, Matthews, and Evans. And they are now an SEC school.

Thanks, I didn't have it in me tonite to debate the SEC thing knowing what he meant.
:L