• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Maybe just maybe

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Darren McFadden does something that has never been done in Dallas Cowboys' history he will make $5.85 million over the next two seasons.

If he fails to rush for 1,000 yards in either season, the base value of the contract is $3 million.

McFadden received a $200,000 signing bonus and will receive a $900,000 base salary in 2015 for a $1.15 million cap figure. He earns $9,375 for every game he is on the 46-man roster. In 2016, he will earn a base salary of $1.25 million and has per-game roster bonuses that can earn him an extra $500,000. If he does not play in eight games in 2015, then the max he could earn on those per-game bonuses in 2016 is $250,000.

If he runs for 1,600 yards in back-to-back years, he will earn an extra $2.85 million. The closest in team history any running back has come to that was in 1991 and 1992 when Emmitt Smith ran for 1,563 and 1,713 yards, respectively.

If McFadden rushes for 1,000, 1,200, 1,350 or 1,600 yards in either year, he can earn up to $2.1 million. He would earn an extra $750,000 with consecutive 1,600 yard seasons. Back-to-back 1,200-yard seasons would net him an extra $250,000, and back-to-back 1,400-yard seasons would net him an extra $500,000.

If McFadden, who has one 1,000-yard season in his career, can do what Smith or Tony Dorsett did, the Cowboys will gladly pay him $5.85 million and would have a terrific bargain on their hands.

Many have stated how they feel about this deal. I remain somewhat optimistic and the details say it's a great signing. One cut backs behind this line just might surprise some. Can't wait to see this unfold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Darren McFadden does something that has never been done in Dallas Cowboys' history he will make $5.85 million over the next two seasons.

If he fails to rush for 1,000 yards in either season, the base value of the contract is $3 million.

McFadden received a $200,000 signing bonus and will receive a $900,000 base salary in 2015 for a $1.15 million cap figure. He earns $9,375 for every game he is on the 46-man roster. In 2016, he will earn a base salary of $1.25 million and has per-game roster bonuses that can earn him an extra $500,000. If he does not play in eight games in 2015, then the max he could earn on those per-game bonuses in 2016 is $250,000.

If he runs for 1,600 yards in back-to-back years, he will earn an extra $2.85 million. The closest in team history any running back has come to that was in 1991 and 1992 when Emmitt Smith ran for 1,563 and 1,713 yards, respectively.

If McFadden rushes for 1,000, 1,200, 1,350 or 1,600 yards in either year, he can earn up to $2.1 million. He would earn an extra $750,000 with consecutive 1,600 yard seasons. Back-to-back 1,200-yard seasons would net him an extra $250,000, and back-to-back 1,400-yard seasons would net him an extra $500,000.

If McFadden, who has one 1,000-yard season in his career, can do what Smith or Tony Dorsett did, the Cowboys will gladly pay him $5.85 million and would have a terrific bargain on their hands.

Many have stated how they feel about this deal. I remain somewhat optimistic and the details say it's a great signing. One cut backs behind this line just might surprise some. Can't wait to see this unfold

Most know how I feel about this signing, as I mentioned that I thought DMac could run for 1,500 behind this line. I do think that there is a chance we bring in another RB though via draft or a vet. I think the faith is in the OL. I also believe Randle gets cut by training camp simply because he will do yet another foolish thing before it's all said and done.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If McFadden can stay healthy and can still flash that 4.3 speed, there is an outside chance Dallas could look very smart at the end of all this. These are a very big "IF" though. But if that speed is there, with some of the holes Murray ran through last year, McFadden could be a big time homerun threat.

McFadden ran an official 4.33 at the combine in '08, even if he has lost a step, I think an in shape McFadden can probably still lay down a low 4.4.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If McFadden can stay healthy and can still flash that 4.3 speed, there is an outside chance Dallas could look very smart at the end of all this. These are a very big "IF" though. But if that speed is there, with some of the holes Murray ran through last year, McFadden could be a big time homerun threat.

McFadden ran an official 4.33 at the combine in '08, even if he has lost a step, I think an in shape McFadden can probably still lay down a low 4.4.
McFadden ran an unofficial 4.27 at the combine as well. We can hope he still has the wheels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has the wheels, problem is he got hit more than any RB in NFL in the backfield, that is an OL problem. Look at McClain how he looked in Oakland vs here. To be honest when players don't care about winning it affects others, it's the well why should I care too attitude. DMac will be fine here in any role he has.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has the wheels, problem is he got hit more than any RB in NFL in the backfield, that is an OL problem. Look at McClain how he looked in Oakland vs here. To be honest when players don't care about winning it affects others, it's the well why should I care too attitude. DMac will be fine here in any role he has.
I hope he turns his career around, would be fantastic for the Cowboys. It will be interesting to see if the club drafts a back with McFadden, Williams, Randle and Dunbar in the fold. Lots of talent, lots of question marks, and no one to get the tough yards in short yardage IMO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he turns his career around, would be fantastic for the Cowboys. It will be interesting to see if the club drafts a back with McFadden, Williams, Randle and Dunbar in the fold. Lots of talent, lots of question marks, and no one to get the tough yards in short yardage IMO

If he can't do it in Dallas he can't do it anywhere. He should retire and just know that I don't think any team would touch him if he couldn't run be behind this line, with the weapons he has, if he is the starting RB on this team.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can't do it in Dallas he can't do it anywhere. He should retire and just know that I don't think any team would touch him if he couldn't run be behind this line, with the weapons he has, if he is the starting RB on this team.
That's the one thing that could make the Murray move blow up in the Eagles face. Murray was awesome, but Dez is over/under, Witten is a double, TWill is a deep threat, Beasley is a matchup nightmare.... Murray didn't face stacked, 8 man boxes. With Bradford/Sanchez throwing to Riley Cooper and Matthews, behind an average line, I wouldn't count on the same production

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yall getting me excited. If this move works Jerry or Stephen should be GM f the year on this move alone.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Downside management.

Signing a cheap nobody that fails is a very short term problem that leaves you options to fix it.
Signing an expensive somebody that fails is a long term problem that leaves you with 1 hand tied behind your back.

Lets go ahead and say Murray has a great year. To me, letting him go is still not a mistake because I feel this new Cowboys philosophy of financial responsibility is far more important than any one signing.

Letting Murray walk keeps this philosophy alive and well, which keeps us from forsaking tomorrow for today.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the one thing that could make the Murray move blow up in the Eagles face. Murray was awesome, but Dez is over/under, Witten is a double, TWill is a deep threat, Beasley is a matchup nightmare.... Murray didn't face stacked, 8 man boxes. With Bradford/Sanchez throwing to Riley Cooper and Matthews, behind an average line, I wouldn't count on the same production

The only problem is Philly doesn't have an average OLine. If they trade Mathis it will take a step back but Philly has an excellent OLine. I do agree that he won't do as well in Philly cause they have nothing even remotely close to Dez. P FACTUALLY graded Philly as having the best run blocking line in the NFL.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem is Philly doesn't have an average OLine. If they trade Mathis it will take a step back but Philly has an excellent OLine. I do agree that he won't do as well in Philly cause they have nothing even remotely close to Dez. P FACTUALLY graded Philly as having the best run blocking line in the NFL.
Yes, but..... Mathis is their best OL and he'll be the second starter lost, they released Todd Herremans. Peters just turned 33, he's on the back 9.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question and not trying to come off like an ass...because Oakland isn't on TV much and I'm really not sure how much you guys watch games other than Cowboy games. Have you guys watched McFadden play the last 3 years? Does he look like a guy with a boatload of speed to you? He doesn't to me at all.

I know the OL wasn't great and all, but the guy doesn't even look like the disappointment he was in his first couple of years. That guy at least had flashes that showed there was talent there. Each of the last 3 years Oak has given carries to other guys and they've generally done better than McFadden. I like the deal because there is no downside and I'm not writing off a resurgence, but I keep reading about his speed and His poor OL and I don't buy either. I haven't seen the speed in a long time and other average backs have done better behind the same OL.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like the McFadden signing at all, but that doesn't mean he won't go tear it up. The guy is a speed player, but 7-8 years in, he's not running 4.3 anymore. If he's their 3rd down back, great, because he is a good receiver and pass blocker. If he's the lead dog, that's a leap of faith IMO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like the signing because of the contract structure, I just think there is a good chance that he doesn't contribute much if at all (which would still be OK). Once we get him in camp we'll have a better idea of what we have.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question and not trying to come off like an ass...because Oakland isn't on TV much and I'm really not sure how much you guys watch games other than Cowboy games. Have you guys watched McFadden play the last 3 years? Does he look like a guy with a boatload of speed to you? He doesn't to me at all.

I know the OL wasn't great and all, but the guy doesn't even look like the disappointment he was in his first couple of years. That guy at least had flashes that showed there was talent there. Each of the last 3 years Oak has given carries to other guys and they've generally done better than McFadden. I like the deal because there is no downside and I'm not writing off a resurgence, but I keep reading about his speed and His poor OL and I don't buy either. I haven't seen the speed in a long time and other average backs have done better behind the same OL.
People that go to Oakland generally stop wanting to play, look at McClain he admitted as much. When people get use to losing they stop caring and it becomes all about money. DMac signed a deal that in no way was about money. You can tell he wants to prove his worth, play for his favorite team, and win. Deal is 2yr 3Mil that could reach up to 5.85MM if he has back to back 1,600 yard rushing seasons which has NEVER happened in Cowboys history. ES was only back to get close I think in 91 and 92 seasons had like 1,587 and then 1,700 plus yards, or something to that nature.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like the signing because of the contract structure, I just think there is a good chance that he doesn't contribute much if at all (which would still be OK). Once we get him in camp we'll have a better idea of what we have.

Exactly. If he is no good he's gone. Cost the team a loaf of bread.