• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

May 15 is a very important date for your team....

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about this it feels like this years ping pong ball game and draft lottery results will really have an impact on so many teams. Teams like the Cavs could use success to keep Lebron interested in staying or use a top 3 pick to get him another piece.

I could also see Atlanta and Philly getting aggressive with their picks to try to get into that top 5 or stay in the top 5. They have alot of picks.

We also have teams that must rebuild, some from scratch like Miami. Would they trade talent to get picks and start the painful rebuild. (BTW it feels like OKC is almost in that spot too)

Many people and teams really impacted this year

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about this it feels like this years ping pong ball game and draft lottery results will really have an impact on so many teams. Teams like the Cavs could use success to keep Lebron interested in staying or use a top 3 pick to get him another piece.

I could also see Atlanta and Philly getting aggressive with their picks to try to get into that top 5 or stay in the top 5. They have alot of picks.

We also have teams that must rebuild, some from scratch like Miami. Would they trade talent to get picks and start the painful rebuild. (BTW it feels like OKC is almost in that spot too)

Philly is gonna trade their pick, the Lakers pick, and Markelle Fultz to the Spurs for Kawhi

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly is gonna trade their pick, the Lakers pick, and Markelle Fultz to the Spurs for Kawhi
You really think San Antonio would give up so much for so little?

Fultz hasn't proven anything yet. So... a bonafide NBA superstar for two speculative pieces?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fultz hasn't proven anything yet. So... a bonafide NBA superstar for two speculative pieces?

Honestly they would need to include either Saric or Covington, by maybe.

Fultz does have a lot of value and the Sixers were wise to showcase him down the stretch.

The Celtics are the only contending team with a better package of young players to offer, and I am fold over and over by Celtic fans they won't give Brown and Tatum.

Well, the Celtics may have to contend with both Kawhi and LeBron on the 6ers if Ainge isn't aggressive in going to get Kawhi.

Do you really want to deal with that Celtic fans? Your window may close before it opens if you let Philly get Kawhi.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly they would need to include either Saric or Covington, by maybe.

Fultz does have a lot of value and the Sixers were wise to showcase him down the stretch.

The Celtics are the only contending team with a better package of young players to offer, and I am fold over and over by Celtic fans they won't give Brown and Tatum.

Well, the Celtics may have to contend with both Kawhi and LeBron on the 6ers if Ainge isn't aggressive in going to get Kawhi.

Do you really want to deal with that Celtic fans? Your window may close before it opens if you let Philly get Kawhi.
At the same time... a good GM shouldn't let his hand get forced by the fear of any horrible decision another team might make.

Kawhi for a package of:
  • A decent 1st round pick
  • Fultz
  • Saric too
Is still a lousy value for San Antonio. Either Brown or Tatum is more valuable by themselves than that package, and you're saying the C's should give up both because what if? :noidea:

Admittedly, I'm bearish on Fultz.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the same time... a good GM shouldn't let his hand get forced by the fear of any horrible decision another team might make.

Kawhi for a package of:
  • A decent 1st round pick
  • Fultz
  • Saric too
Is still a lousy value for San Antonio. Either Brown or Tatum is more valuable by themselves than that package, and you're saying the C's should give up both because what if? :noidea:

Admittedly, I'm bearish on Fultz.

I disagree that either brown or Tatum is more valuable by themselves. Especially not Brown. Brown only slightly more valuable than Saric.

I hear you, but a good GM does need to consider this possibility. I hear talk of a Celtic dynasty, but that doesn't happen if you can't get out of the East. Whatever Philly offers, you simply have to beat it. Must.

Besides, you can afford to give both players up. Get Kyrie back and substitute Brown and Tatum for Kawhi and Hayward. That makes you better and gives you a fighting chance against teams like GS while keeping you ahead of Philly.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lastly, call me crazy, but I think Rozier might be the guy you need to keep of all 3. You have a glut of wing players if you keep everybody you have.

But yeah, maybe Brown, Rozier and Kings pick is enough.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that either brown or Tatum is more valuable by themselves. Especially not Brown. Brown only slightly more valuable than Saric.
I completely disagree with you on this point... the wide chasm between these 2 players when it comes to athleticism makes Brown far more valuable.

Furthermore, Saric is about topped out (IMO) as a good role player. Brown is still on an upward arc, and performing pretty big when it matters most... now, the playoffs.
tlance said:
I hear you, but a good GM does need to consider this possibility. I hear talk of a Celtic dynasty, but that doesn't happen if you can't get out of the East. Whatever Philly offers, you simply have to beat it. Must.

Besides, you can afford to give both players up. Get Kyrie back and substitute Brown and Tatum for Kawhi and Hayward. That makes you better and gives you a fighting chance against teams like GS while keeping you ahead of Philly.
Again, I disagree with your take and reasoning here. I reject any logic that says the C's should overspend because they can afford overspending more than other teams.
Lastly, call me crazy, but I think Rozier might be the guy you need to keep of all 3. You have a glut of wing players if you keep everybody you have.

But yeah, maybe Brown, Rozier and Kings pick is enough.
Rozier is an interesting dilemma. I don't think we should discount the possibility that Kyrie Irving becomes a potential trade piece with his emergence.

Listen, I wouldn't disagree that a trade seems likely in Boston's near to mid future. Especially when you factor in Coach Stevens' ability to coax production out of dang near anyone the C's put on the floor.

But Danny Ainge isn't gonna fire just to fire... he has proven in that in the past... even getting heavily criticised for what folks deemed to be excessive restraint.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Cavs somehow jumped up they would have a really nice shiny trade asset.

Lets hope it happens.

If they do not jump up they should still be able to land a potential all star talent in this draft like a Porter or Young or Sexton or Bridges.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely disagree with you on this point... the wide chasm between these 2 players when it comes to athleticism makes Brown far more valuable.

Furthermore, Saric is about topped out (IMO) as a good role player. Brown is still on an upward arc, and performing pretty big when it matters most... now, the playoffs.

Again, I disagree with your take and reasoning here. I reject any logic that says the C's should overspend because they can afford overspending more than other teams.

Rozier is an interesting dilemma. I don't think we should discount the possibility that Kyrie Irving becomes a potential trade piece with his emergence.

Listen, I wouldn't disagree that a trade seems likely in Boston's near to mid future. Especially when you factor in Coach Stevens' ability to coax production out of dang near anyone the C's put on the floor.

But Danny Ainge isn't gonna fire just to fire... he has proven in that in the past... even getting heavily criticised for what folks deemed to be excessive restraint.

Just saying, you can't allow Philly to get Kawhi. It would be catastrophic.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying, you can't allow Philly to get Kawhi. It would be catastrophic.
Fair enough. It's definitely a consideration.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hmmm...

I mean- Kyrie is a free agent next summer right? Same year Rozier is a restricted FA.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont know about Saric topped out as a good role player....the guy is sitll really young and is like the protypical 4 in todays NBA.

he may have to be a "role player" because he wont get the touches needed to be a star with embiid, simmons, potentially fultz and potentially a major FA....but hell- id love to have Saric.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know about Saric topped out as a good role player....the guy is sitll really young and is like the protypical 4 in todays NBA.

he may have to be a "role player" because he wont get the touches needed to be a star with embiid, simmons, potentially fultz and potentially a major FA....but hell- id love to have Saric.
Saric's limitations as an athlete have me bearish on his potential to reach a much higher ceiling.

Maybe my opinion is colored too much by the fact that Boston's roster is loaded with wing athletes... and I've seen Saric struggle against Boston all year.

I haven't looked up the stats on that... that's just my impression after watching a good handful of C's/6ers games this season.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I think they would when push comes to shove and the time to make a deal becomes imminent. If you look at the other deals for stars that are close to free agency (like Kawhi is), the actual deal is never as much as fans speculate it out to be. For example, Paul George was for essentially a prospect in Sabonis and Oladipo, who was just a fine player before he took it upon himself to totally change is training regime this past offseason. The Jazz traded Deron Williams and got Derrick Favors (young prospect at the time) and other draft picks for him. Most consider that Jazz trade the best possible outcome in situations like this when the star has 1 year left on a deal and no guarantee of resigning. There are others you can look up, but those are just two examples. The point is the speculative trade scenarios are always higher than what the actual return is.

So this deal would be Fultz (a young prospect), draft picks, and toss in Covington or Saric (I'd push for Covington if I were Philly since the skillset overlaps with Kawhi making him expendable). That's a good haul for San Antonio if they know they can't keep Kawhi. You get the 2017 #1 overall pick who basically just redshirted this year, the Lakers pick which will be in the lottery, another pick Philly has (SA is good at finding value later in the draft), and Covington who is a very good starter level player on a very fair contract.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs need a PG. Ainge should work a deal out where the Celtics send Kyrie, a couple other players (not Tatum) & a draft pick or 2 to the Cavs for LeBron.

@ChiefsLakers67

Set your Celtics hate aside for a second. Don't you think this is a win/win for both teams?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the Cavaliers win the title, I do not see LeBron staying. He has literally done this entire playoffs on his own, unless Cleveland can somehow get him 2 amazing superstars and keep most of their current players, I don't think LeBron chooses to stay, just too much work.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the Cavaliers win the title, I do not see LeBron staying. He has literally done this entire playoffs on his own, unless Cleveland can somehow get him 2 amazing superstars and keep most of their current players, I don't think LeBron chooses to stay, just too much work.
whre do you see him going?

If he had a great option or something i guess id be more prone to saying hes gone

but as i see it the options are

1. LA-- and LA just isnt there yet
2. Philly----- its possible- but A. if the Cavs face the Sixers and lose to them- no way he "pulls a Durant"--- B. Simmons is the PG and needs the ball in his hands- what is he gonna sit around with his dick in his hand if LeBron is onthe court?--- people may say "LeBron can play off the ball" and he definitely CAN paly off the ball - he can do whatever he wants to do--- but he has NO INTEREST- not a SMIDGEON of interest of playing off the ball- he wants the ball in his hands- he NEEDS the ball in his hands- he has NO intention of giving up having the ball in his hands and being the focal point of the team 3. it woudl be seen as a mercenary move--- right now he went and played with his boys in Miami and comapred it to college- 4 years in the sun learning the game and playing with his buds and then he came back.....if he went to LA he could at least sell it is his next step business wise- for his family etc......but LA just isnt there roster wise.

3. Houston- they dont have teh cap room - they need to sign CP3 so he would have to opt in and get Dan G. to trade him...he could say- "trade me to houston or ill just go to la or philly"- but who knows if DAn G would say- okay fuck off- or if he would say- all right - give us capella, gordon and a couple firsts and ill do it.

does anyone see a an option of if LeBron left Cleveland where he would go besides LA, Philly, Houston?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think they would when push comes to shove and the time to make a deal becomes imminent. If you look at the other deals for stars that are close to free agency (like Kawhi is), the actual deal is never as much as fans speculate it out to be. For example, Paul George was for essentially a prospect in Sabonis and Oladipo, who was just a fine player before he took it upon himself to totally change is training regime this past offseason. The Jazz traded Deron Williams and got Derrick Favors (young prospect at the time) and other draft picks for him. Most consider that Jazz trade the best possible outcome in situations like this when the star has 1 year left on a deal and no guarantee of resigning. There are others you can look up, but those are just two examples. The point is the speculative trade scenarios are always higher than what the actual return is.

So this deal would be Fultz (a young prospect), draft picks, and toss in Covington or Saric (I'd push for Covington if I were Philly since the skillset overlaps with Kawhi making him expendable). That's a good haul for San Antonio if they know they can't keep Kawhi. You get the 2017 #1 overall pick who basically just redshirted this year, the Lakers pick which will be in the lottery, another pick Philly has (SA is good at finding value later in the draft), and Covington who is a very good starter level player on a very fair contract.
Fultz, Covington, and the Sacramento pick would be a really good haul for the Spurs if you ask me. Plus- this would make sure LeBron doesnt go there so that makes me feel better too :)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think LeBron will stay- but that being said- i dont think its a sure thing by any means- and if he does stay it will be because they improved the team in the offseason so LeBron knows he has the horses to beat Boston with kyrie and hayward healthy

no WAY LeBron wants to stick around in Cleveland to be beat by Kyrie....if he doesnt think he has the horses to beat the Celts-- HE GONE.

I think the Cavs will make moves to placate him thoguh.