• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Maiocco Latest Roster Projection

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with 2 spots. 1 Skov not making it over Bellore and Dockett over TJE. I also see hunter getting cut for one of the 2 mention above.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I disagree with 2 spots. 1 Skov not making it over Bellore and Dockett over TJE. I also see hunter getting cut for one of the 2 mention above.

IF TJE is a better talent, then ok with cutting Dockett. Makes Baalke look real bad for guarnteeing him $2M, but do look ahead past this season.

Don't know how many "core special players" we normally keep, but if Bellore is THAT core, ok with this one. Skov DOES look like a good back-up, so tough call either way.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if they would really release Dockett. It would not look very good for Baalke

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if they would really release Dockett. It would not look very good for Baalke
no chance they release him. I just don't see it. 1st off we don't have many pass rushers. He is one of them. He will be on pass rushing downs. To be honest it doesn't make sense to release him.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think they shop TJE and keep Dockett. We have a lot of talent on the DL, but other than Carradine, no one stands out as a pass rusher. I think Dockett is pretty safe for that reason, unless they don't feel he's fully back from the injury.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they shop TJE and keep Dockett. We have a lot of talent on the DL, but other than Carradine, no one stands out as a pass rusher. I think Dockett is pretty safe for that reason, unless they don't feel he's fully back from the injury.

When the 49ers picked him up, they knew he would be working his way back from a knee injury. Would be odd for the team to now change course and release him. I don't know what to make of Dockett so far, he has hardly hit the field this year

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
When the 49ers picked him up, they knew he would be working his way back from a knee injury. Would be odd for the team to now change course and release him. I don't know what to make of Dockett so far, he has hardly hit the field this year

If nothing else, I think they're making the right call in using him as a pass rusher. He has been somewhat shaky against the run in the past couple years, but was still getting it done rushing the passer, at least prior to the injury. Add in playing in rotation, and he should be even better in that capacity.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
BTW, Dockett played 80% of the snaps in 2013. I expect him to be closer to 50% this year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and I want to take back no chance because with this front office you never know. My bad. There is a chance they can release Dockett but I think its unlikely.

TJE to Denver was the rumpr last week. He is family with someone on Denver(Von Miller I think) and Denver needs DL help. I would either try and grab a OL or I guess a 5th or 6th rd pick from Denver.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder if after week 1, this leads to a reunion with the Cardinals for the minimum. Not that we need him, but could be useful as a vet in the rotation at NT.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i was wrong. this front office is known for weird moves. now we have no pass rusher on this team.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to hand it to Maiocco. He must have a source. Very surprised by this.

I was just thinking the exact same thing. Maiocco must have known something but was keeping it close to the vest. Probably why he is trusted by people in the organization

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Figured I'd give my final projection. A few minor surprises.

QB (2)
Kap, Gabbert

No explanation needed.

RB (5)
Hyde, Bush, M. Davis, Hayne, Miller

Hunter is out. I hope for his sake he catches on somewhere. I've always liked him. But with Davis and Hayne both outplaying him, we need to spot elsewhere.

WR (5)
T. Smith, Boldin, Ellington, Patton, White, Simpson (susp.), Smelter (PUP)

No major surprises. White makes it. We keep five for now and presumably add Simpson when he's back. Patton could be in trouble at that point. I'm guessing that, barring injury to another guy, Smelter doesn't come off the PUP this year.

TE (4)
V. Davis, Bell, McDonald, Celek

A couple backups flashed last night, but we keep these four. At least until we can go back to six receivers.

OL (9)
Staley, Boone, Martin, Devey, Pears, Thomas, Brown, Silberman, Tiller, Kilgore (PUP)

In a surprise move, the Niners part ways with Looney and keep Tiller. He can play all four outside spots in a pinch, and Silberman continues to work as the backup center. Not entirely confident on this one, but I like Tiller or Farrell over Looney.

DL (7)
Dorsey, Williams, Dial, Carradine, Jerod-Eddie, Armstead, Purcell

Now that Dockett is out, no major surprises.

LB (8)
Brooks, Bowman, Wilhoite, Lynch, Lemonier, Harold, Moody, Bellore

I think Brooks sticks around for now, but it wouldn't be a huge shock if we just went with an all-out youth movement and parted ways with him. Bellore over Skov is a bit of a close call, but our STs coach loves Bellore.

CB (5)
Brock, Acker, Johnson, Reaser, McFadden

Sticking with the youth movement theme. McFadden beats out Wright, who hasn't done much (w)right this preseason.

S (5)
Reid, Bethea, Tartt, Ward, McCray

Strongest group on the team by far, and no surprises.

STs
Why even list them? Hope Pinion starts kicking better, though....

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured I'd give my final projection. A few minor surprises.

QB (2)
Kap, Gabbert

No explanation needed.

RB (5)
Hyde, Bush, M. Davis, Hayne, Miller

Hunter is out. I hope for his sake he catches on somewhere. I've always liked him. But with Davis and Hayne both outplaying him, we need to spot elsewhere.

WR (5)
T. Smith, Boldin, Ellington, Patton, White, Simpson (susp.), Smelter (PUP)

No major surprises. White makes it. We keep five for now and presumably add Simpson when he's back. Patton could be in trouble at that point. I'm guessing that, barring injury to another guy, Smelter doesn't come off the PUP this year.

TE (4)
V. Davis, Bell, McDonald, Celek

A couple backups flashed last night, but we keep these four. At least until we can go back to six receivers.

OL (9)
Staley, Boone, Martin, Devey, Pears, Thomas, Brown, Silberman, Tiller, Kilgore (PUP)

In a surprise move, the Niners part ways with Looney and keep Tiller. He can play all four outside spots in a pinch, and Silberman continues to work as the backup center. Not entirely confident on this one, but I like Tiller or Farrell over Looney.

DL (7)
Dorsey, Williams, Dial, Carradine, Jerod-Eddie, Armstead, Purcell

Now that Dockett is out, no major surprises.

LB (8)
Brooks, Bowman, Wilhoite, Lynch, Lemonier, Harold, Moody, Bellore

I think Brooks sticks around for now, but it wouldn't be a huge shock if we just went with an all-out youth movement and parted ways with him. Bellore over Skov is a bit of a close call, but our STs coach loves Bellore.

CB (5)
Brock, Acker, Johnson, Reaser, McFadden

Sticking with the youth movement theme. McFadden beats out Wright, who hasn't done much (w)right this preseason.

S (5)
Reid, Bethea, Tartt, Ward, McCray

Strongest group on the team by far, and no surprises.

STs
Why even list them? Hope Pinion starts kicking better, though....

hard to argue with this. Slim chance they keep Hunter, but with M. Davis really don't need him. Any chance Purcell could end up higher on the depth chart other than by injury?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Purcell. He has looked like the best DL we have in this preseason. To be fair he did get a lot of playing time.

It starting to look like A. Smith is going to be missed big time. We have no pass rush.