• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Cassel

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this board spices up.

Where were you guys when Game of Thrones ended.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st thought.
The Matt Cassel trade is a good thing. Just in case of Weeden shitting the bed, Cassel has been serviceable to a running strong team. If our team can win half the games that romo is out, it still allows us a chance at play offs. 2nd thought. All Weeden needs to do is not be a turnover king, & I believe he holds the job until Romo comes back which means either Cassel never starts or only starts a handful of games. I don't see weeden playing so horrible (turnovers) that he gets pulled in a couple weeks & if that does happen that means the Cassell trade was that much better. (not worse)

As far as the Defense discussion, when truly debating the better defenses cant be done with stats alone. If an offense owns time of possession, makes defenses look better, teams with a great defense & a horrible offense make (stat wise) defenses look worse. As far as stats should be a combo of yards & scoring. To me apples to apples yards would be the way to go, but when a Defense dominates, that allows a decent offense to get a huge lead & all teams nowadays give up cheap yards with a lead.

As an example & I know I am in a huge minority in this opinion. I think one of the greatest defenses ever was on a highly unsuccessful team. The New Orleans Saints. They had to me might have been the best defense ever, but an offense that didn't realize they had more than three downs. The Defense would say just get us 10 points & we will win it for us. But when people think great defenses they want to talk (realistically) a great defense on a great team. (with stats)
When people want to talk top 5 defenses this year, I think a poster nailed the top 5 earlier, but to add to some of those honorable mentions I think with a decent offense the rams could be in that honorable mention.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. Defensive stats can be so skewed. Give me the one that has Qbs scrambling all over the place that is getting off the field on third downs.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rushing yards, yards per attempt, points allowed and turnovers

3 of 4 is darn good for any team defense

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I good defensive determination for me is 3Rd down, can they get off the field or automaticly give up the 1st down.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Manster. 3rd down percentage is huge. All these stats roll into each other kind of. I mean if you have good 3rd downs , it's likely your yardage allowed will be less.

Points allowed is a tough one. Sure more times than not it can tell the story. It's like I said a week ago though, 17 points in week one was the offense's fault.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting a vet with experience is a good idea, especially with our luck with injuries this season. If weeden goes down we have a guy that has won in the NFL. I just wish I could say I was confident that Weeden wont lose us games. He just does not get the ball out very quickly, but very few can get it out as fast as Romo. Teams are going to blitz the hell out of him. I hope the coaches have a plan for that and can Weeden actually execute the plan?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO they are all good indicators. None is perfect, but all are good