• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Cassel

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said top 10 before the season, with good health. I'll stand by that. Health is starting to fail us, but we will see. Top 5 is a bit of a stretch for me, even now.
yes, there is a huge difference between top 10 & top 5

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep....with health I've said top 5 and if it happens....I'm sure 4 or 5 others said it too
So now a qualifier of "with health". The limb is getting shorter...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now a qualifier of "with health". The limb is getting shorter...
not really...it's the NFL, health is required

let me ask you something....you stated yesterday that the Jets were the best defense in the NFL this year after two games.
Is health required for that to come to flurecion?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, there is a huge difference between top 10 & top 5

Just for fun, if I had to choose who I think will be top 5 D's by the end of the year, my list would look something like this, in no particular order...

1. Seattle: This has been a historically great defense, and will receive the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.
2. Denver: A LOT of talent on this defense. They can really get after the passer and defend the pass.
3. Carolina: Luke Keuchley is a monster - probably the only LB I take over a healthy Sean Lee. Best 4-3 LB corp in the game IMO.
4. Kansas City: Talent at every level of the defense, and they can rush the passer. Marcus Peters is looking like a future dominant CB
5. NY Jets: Talent everywhere on the defense and possibly the best pair of CB's in the game. Very deep on the Dline.

Edit: I forgot Buffalo. I would probably put them in place of Carolina

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for fun, if I had to choose who I think will be top 5 D's by the end of the year, my list would look something like this, in no particular order...

1. Seattle: This has been a historically great defense, and will receive the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.
2. Denver: A LOT of talent on this defense. They can really get after the passer and defend the pass.
3. Carolina: Luke Keuchley is a monster - probably the only LB I take over a healthy Sean Lee. Best 4-3 LB corp in the game IMO.
4. Kansas City: Talent at every level of the defense, and they can rush the passer. Marcus Peters is looking like a future dominant CB
5. NY Jets: Talent everywhere on the defense and possibly the best pair of CB's in the game. Very deep on the Dline.
on paper. I'd agree with maybe some love for Cincy & Miami as well.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on paper. I'd agree with maybe some love for Cincy & Miami as well.

I would elevate Buffalo into Carolina's place in the top 5. Carolina, Miami, and Cincinnati would be in my honorable mention.

Just looking at the teams listed, it's hard to say that Dallas stacks up in terms of talent, but I think Marinelli is worth quite a lot. If Dallas is going to crack the top 10 it will be more due to Marinelli than any one player. Although Lee and Hardy are ALL-PRO caliber in their own right.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just in case this comes up again. I did not say they were the best. I said they were as good as any other and went on to say I wasn't ranking them. May sound like semantics, but I don't want to have to explain later and apparently that will happen.

My comment was on the Jets as I see them today and has no need for health or any other qualifier. If Revis went down I would no longer likely see them as good as some of the others, but that was a different conversation. I wasn't ranking them and didn't make a prediction as to whether or not I think they are top 5 or something else. If I look at all the teams I likely would predict it, but I haven't. I don't get the need to make predictions and then pat yourself on the back for them. I say a lot of things on here and sometimes that means bringing up something I've said at a later date that was accurate and sometimes it means bringing up something I was wrong on. The latter is where I differ from most I guess. I don't look for credit on one or a flogging on the other. It's conversation. If you want to do that, then by all means go ahead. Start a prediction thread. I don't get why it is important, but it's not my place to judge.

I'll give you one anyway. Dallas won't be a top 5 defense in yards allowed this year with or without any health issues. I hope to God I am wrong (and so far it looks like I will be!!!) and we end up #1 when all is said and done, but I just don't think it is going to happen this year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now this could be a fun thread (or maybe a new one). I'll look later tonight and post mine. I think we all end up with the usual suspects, but maybe in a different order. Points or yards?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this could be a fun thread (or maybe a new one). I'll look later tonight and post mine. I think we all end up with the usual suspects, but maybe in a different order.

My list is not in order, only who I think will be top 5. I'm not even going to take a stab at an order. More like groupings, and this is my top 5 grouping.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just in case this comes up again. I did not say they were the best. I said they were as good as any other and went on to say I wasn't ranking them. May sound like semantics, but I don't want to have to explain later and apparently that will happen.

it is semantics and I've never asked you to explain anything that I recall.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the best CB duo is Denver. Best trio is Jets. Just my opinion.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the best CB duo is Denver. Best trio is Jets. Just my opinion.

I tend to agree with you. But I am not certain. Denver and NY Jets are 1a and 1b for me in terms of CB play.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely think the big boys have already been mentioned. Might throw the Cards in there as a shot. I'm a big believer that you have to have a pretty good offense to have a top ranked defense in yards.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the need to make predictions and then pat yourself on the back for them. I say a lot of things on here and sometimes that means bringing up something I've said at a later date that was accurate and sometimes it means bringing up something I was wrong on. The latter is where I differ from most I guess. I don't look for credit on one or a flogging on the other.

I've never had a history of making predictions and you'll have to show me where I patted myself on the back. That's bull shit.

I will say that you quite often pat yourself on the back with statements about something you said, you qualify yourself here and on the general board much more than I....and that's not so much bull shit.

I find it funny you went there with me when I have thought from your posts that you hold yourself mighty high on what is what. Board credibility sure seems you when you work so hard to appear above all that.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't know or care who will be top 5 or bottom 5, all I care about is at the end of every game, the Cowboys are at least one point better than their opponent. In the end its all that matters.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My list is not in order, only who I think will be top 5. I'm not even going to take a stab at an order. More like groupings, and this is my top 5 grouping.
Even better. List our top 5 Ds and see who gets the most. Problem is we are going to have like 1 or 2 different...Ranking by Yards?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never had a history of making predictions and you'll have to show me where I patted myself on the back. That's bull shit.

I will say that you quite often pat yourself on the back with statements about something you said, you qualify yourself here and on the general board much more than I....and that's not so much bull shit.

I find it funny you went there with me when I have thought from your posts that you hold yourself mighty high on what is what. Board credibility sure seems you when you work so hard to appear above all that.
No clue what this means, but you believe what you want. You've always enjoyed calling scoreboard. I've never been shy to say when I'm wrong.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even better. List our top 5 Ds and see who gets the most. Problem is we are going to have like 1 or 2 different...Ranking by Yards?

By yards is good.