• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mathis

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Fins should trade a 4th round pick for him. He would really help to stabilize the oline. The Fins have the money. They could still draft a guard to develop. He will probably play at a high level for two to three years. That way the only rookie on the oline would be at right tackle.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I'd feel comfortable with that...

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope...deepest draft in years. why give up a pick and pay a pretty hefty contract for a guard when you can draft a player and get younger and cheaper? terrible idea imo.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope...deepest draft in years. why give up a pick and pay a pretty hefty contract for a guard when you can draft a player and get younger and cheaper? terrible idea imo.

I like the players available in the draft also at guard particularly the top three. That said there is a big adjustment to playing in the NFL. I would rather have better depth and development time for a rookie. A 4th round pick would be as high as I'd go. Another option is to wait and sign him or another veteran guard later.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I just don't want too many rookies on that line I'm cool with one unless another beats a vet out in camp. It may be smart to just wait until someone gets cut this way they don't have to give up a pick....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I just don't want too many rookies on that line I'm cool with one unless another beats a vet out in camp. It may be smart to just wait until someone gets cut this way they don't have to give up a pick....

The Fin's mid round 4th could be a little too high, especially when you combine that with his age. His contract amount is too much for most teams. A fifth may be able to get the deal done. I have read that of the Fins' olineman on the roster D Thomas has the best chance to win a starting guard spot. He's also the least experienced. Even a top rookie guard has a learning curve in the NFL. The Fins' are doing very well with their salary cap so they have options.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would really hope that Thomas takes the step up after learning last year after all he was a high pick. He should be fighting for a job. No matter the pick the salary is high I'm sure they want to rework his contract if they trade for him. definitely worth looking into.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would really hope that Thomas takes the step up after learning last year after all he was a high pick. He should be fighting for a job. No matter the pick the salary is high I'm sure they want to rework his contract if they trade for him. definitely worth looking into.

re-working the contract is out of the question. part of the reason Philly is shopping him is because he asking for a raise. fins want cheaper/younger not the opposite.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you Eville Wharton may be a better option I'm sure they're looking into all options. We must remember that we don't want a crap line again though. It's a must to improve it!