• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mathew Stafford is going to....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice catch Smitty, odd how one aberration can throw an average so out of whack

That 2011 season saw a lot of bloated stats for the Lions offense. (He threw more second half TDs than he did total TDs the following season.). They were behind almost the entire (over 3200 yards passing while trailing, almost 800 more when it was tied) season. While I agree on a statement from earlier that Detroits secondary is awful, they did cut bait on Houston. Which should limit the awfulness slightly. I do think he's Top 4 material in fantasy. Definitely. But I don't believe he can match his best fantasy season. (The horrendous drop rates should dip some. But Staff is the common denominator there. So Im not overly enthusiastic.) If he does, I'll have a miserable season as a Lions fan. They can't win consistantly when Staff is in full on Gunslinger mode. (Not only did he toss 19 picks last year,..... he fumbled 12 times. TWELVE!!!). But you can win with him as a fantasy owner. (Cautionary stat: more picks than TDs in December each of the last two seasons.)

Not to nitpick like a jerk, but Ryan's 3 year is 29. (I feel like a jerk for posting that. But as a somewhat notorious Stafford hater, Im used to feeling like a jerk when I post on Numba Nine.)

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interceptions and fumbles: I do feel they are good to take into consideration. Ignoring negative stats can be a rude awakening if you're only looking at certain statistics with rose-colored glasses.

My opinion is most tend to ignore those kind of stats. Or may feel that the upside of the player overcomes any negatives.

Plus its impossible to post EVERY stat about a player. That's why we have each other. To present the counterpoints.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to nitpick like a jerk, but Ryan's 3 year is 29. (I feel like a jerk for posting that. But as a somewhat notorious Stafford hater, Im used to feeling like a jerk when I post on Numba Nine.)

I'm not offended, and you're not a jerk. I failed to mention that all of my stats are all-purpose yards (APY) and TD. Sorry. So while Ryan did average 29 TD passing, he also had 3 rushing TD, so combined, it raises his TD average to 30. Now I feel like a jerk.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have looked at rushing stats and known that. But I was just focused(as I usually am) on dissing Stafford the turnover machine. Your color coded draft boards eliminate you from jerk consideration in my book. Those were the handiest things Ive ever seen.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tbqh, Lombardi can want the lions to be like the saints all he wants but he did not call the plays there nor does he know the playbook as well. Also, the only other playcaller was CarMichael in 2011/2012. I'm not sure what Lombardi's role was. But the assessments are right about Stafford, he is mentally not in the same league as Manning or Brees and judging by his frat boy shag cut and backwards hats he is clearly not as mature either. Brees and Manning don't throw the ball with ease and no pressure all the time, they have fought for their stats and wins. Stafford does not, and he will still target Calvin the most because thats who he is more acquainted with. But Stafford has not grown up yet and when he does he's not going to be handed wins easily. Same thing with Cutler, he is still immature and that is the weak link in why he hasnt translated his improved receiving core to crucial key wins.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing, about the maturity level but that should come with age and he is now going on his fifth year I believe so it should start sinking in anytime now. That's another reason I like him to make that jump to elite status.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see where you are coming from, he definitely has talent on his roster, but the dude is tied as the second best QB in his division. Him and Cutler suffer from the same inadequicies. However, cutler is in a system led by a better offensive mind in Trestman, another New Orleans coaching prodigies in Kromer (who was also higher up on the ladder in responsibility than Lombardi), and much more enticing weapons as a whole in Marshall, forte, Jeffery, Bennett, and Wilson (remember that name, he's going to tear it up from the slot.) honestly, Stafford is way overrated and won't even be the second best QB in his own division.

P.S. I also think Calvin is starting to break down, but my prediction for stafford is not accounting for that. Bottom line is, I am not touching stafford this year in fantasy.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is absolutely the year to draft Stafford. Seen him going in the 4th round in drafts. If you can go RB-RB-WR or WR-RB-WR and then back that up with Stafford. You should be contending for the championship in most leagues. Good shot Stafford will contend for top QB spot this year. Even his RB's are elite pass catching options.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
god that picture of Mooch and Millen with Rodgers as their #1 draft pick never gets old, HAHAHAHA

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rollingthndr I am with you, I feel the exact same way!

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interceptions or not, he averages close to 300 yards a game. And since we are talking about fantasy football, there are some leagues that reward bonus points for 300-yard passing games. I think that still sets him up as the best option after the elite trio are off the board (M, B & R).

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interceptions or not, he averages close to 300 yards a game. And since we are talking about fantasy football, there are some leagues that reward bonus points for 300-yard passing games. I think that still sets him up as the best option after the elite trio are off the board (M, B & R).
That's where I've got him ranked. I know it sounded like I want a big fan at the start of this thread. . But honestly I think he's a great FF QB. . Just not above the big 3

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think he has a great shot at #4, but his price is too high for me because at 4, I still think he's closer to the 8th QB in scoring than the 3rd.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is absolutely the year to draft Stafford. Seen him going in the 4th round in drafts. If you can go RB-RB-WR or WR-RB-WR and then back that up with Stafford. You should be contending for the championship in most leagues. Good shot Stafford will contend for top QB spot this year. Even his RB's are elite pass catching options.

Fantasy playoffs
Week 14(if applicable)Bucs(Verner)
Week 15 Vikings
Week 16 @Bears(in Chicago)
Week 17(if applicable)@Packers

Stafford kills you in the proverbial week 16 title game.

Yeah he is the ideal qb to have if you do not go for the big 3. I would make a case for Newton as well however as his team will not be as good on defense and will be facing better offenses than last year.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see where you are coming from, he definitely has talent on his roster, but the dude is tied as the second best QB in his division. Him and Cutler suffer from the same inadequicies. However, cutler is in a system led by a better offensive mind in Trestman, another New Orleans coaching prodigies in Kromer (who was also higher up on the ladder in responsibility than Lombardi), and much more enticing weapons as a whole in Marshall, forte, Jeffery, Bennett, and Wilson (remember that name, he's going to tear it up from the slot.) honestly, Stafford is way overrated and won't even be the second best QB in his own division.

P.S. I also think Calvin is starting to break down, but my prediction for stafford is not accounting for that. Bottom line is, I am not touching stafford this year in fantasy.

I have not seen Cutler really spread it around enough yet to think a slot guy is going to tear it up.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would make a case for Newton as well however as his team will not be as good on defense and will be facing better offenses than last year.

Ugh. Without any receivers that actually sounds like a turnover nightmare, not to mention desperation scrambles and the punishment that goes with them.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thndr, did TPaul hack your account? Or are we just overlooking league leading drops when we throw that freakin' "Elite" word around?