• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Martin Mayhew: Chris Houston will bounce back.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Sherman is the exception, not the rule. This is just like when fans argued in 09 that the Lions could get a QB in the late rounds because of Brady.

It goes right along with the disclaimer "Past performance is no gaurantee of future results" that is tagged with almost every investment pitch. I may be an Optimitst in general, but I'm not so foolish as to think the Lions can hit on every pick, or that they were just a player away from putting this together.

It was too bad it took another losing season for the Lions to make the coaching changes. Should have been done as soon we no longer clinched the NFC North, if not when it was apparent that the team wasn't able to close out games the last month. In a season where it was the Lions to lose we needed a leader that inspired being a winner, not that exposed frustrations and shortcomings. Let's hope the Jim Caldwell era brings out the best in the team.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand by my statement. There's no way someone can say that there's only two CBs in the whole draft who could possibly develop into a #1 CB. Obviously Sherman is the exception, but he's proof that #1 CBs can be found after the 1st round...

Ya I agree with that. I must have missed the post where someone said this.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It goes right along with the disclaimer "Past performance is no gaurantee of future results" that is tagged with almost every investment pitch. I may be an Optimitst in general, but I'm not so foolish as to think the Lions can hit on every pick, or that they were just a player away from putting this together..

The reason I started the Clowney thread is because year after year, the Lions appear to think they are.

I agree, they are not. But they are getting close. If they had one really good CB and one really good Safety I think they'd be as close as just about anyone else roster wise.

Look at the Patriots last year. Their WR issues were worse than ours and they won the East with a patchwork WR corps. It can be done if the QB is on point, and the defense can make some stops.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I started the Clowney thread is because year after year, the Lions appear to think they are.

I agree, they are not. But they are getting close. If they had one really good CB and one really good Safety I think they'd be as close as just about anyone else roster wise.

Look at the Patriots last year. Their WR issues were worse than ours and they won the East with a patchwork WR corps. It can be done if the QB is on point, and the defense can make some stops.[/QUOTE]

Brady knows how to put some touch on his passes, Stafford is questionable at best in that department. I do agree that NE's WR corps was pretty bad throughout the year.

The Pats secondary wasn't getting it done in the 1st 8-10 games unless Talib was healthy and plus they moved McCourty to FS and CB Alfonso Dennard started to play better not to mention ex-Rutgers rookie Logan Ryan showing improvement in the last 5-6 games.. the 2012 DB's were one of the worse groups as far as yards given up but they didn't allow much in the Red-Zone. Their def pts. allowed was 15th and total def. yds allowed was 2nd most. One year can make a difference 2012 to 2013 for DB's...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand by my statement. There's no way someone can say that there's only two CBs in the whole draft who could possibly develop into a #1 CB. Obviously Sherman is the exception, but he's proof that #1 CBs can be found after the 1st round...

Of course you can find #1 CBs after the 1st round. To use Richard Sherman, as an example, is silly though. As Rob said -- it'd be like saying, let's wait till the 6th round to draft a QB, because Tom Brady is a HOFer.

For every Richard Sherman, there are 100's and 100's of failures. The Richard Sherman pick is akin to winning the lottery. Sometimes you just get lucky.

Only reason I said if they don't draft a CB in the 1st round, there isn't a reason to spend another draft pick on one is because the CB position isn't very deep in this draft. After the top two guys -- it falls off to Verrett and Fuller. IMO, the rest are going to be no better than what we already have.

Detroit needs a #1 CB -- they are set at #2's and nickel corners.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stupid shit Martin Mayhew says

General Manager Martin Mayhew believes in Houston's return despite his struggles and says that Houston should be just fine in 2014 in his combine presser.

Mayhew said that he expects Bently, Greenwood and Green to contribute.

78974.jpg