• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marshawn Lynch gives extensive, revealing interview--in Turkey

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is extremely weird, but hilarious. Apparently Beast Mode does talk to reporters, so long as he is not on the continent.

He gave a lengthy interview to some television journalists in Turkey, where he was touring as part of a program to promote football in new countries around the world.

Among other things, he suggests he didn't get the rock on that final call because that would have made him the "face" of the sport and the Seahawks wanted their golden boy QB to be that face. We have heard similar rumblings before out of that team's locker room.

Anyway, Lynch is a master troll for breaking news in an interview with Turkish reporters instead of, say, Seattle Times or Mike Florio. Master troll move right here.

Marshawn Lynch visits Turkey, gives lengthy interview | ProFootballTalk

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see the upside of anyone signing this guy if he leaves the Seahawks. Yes, he is a beast as a running back, but is his petulant personality and looming back issues worth it? I think not. Let the Seahawks keep him.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will give an interview outside the country but snub the good old USA. This guy is odd in a bad way.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before all Lynch apologists blame his refusal to do interviews in the USA on the aggressive US media.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It frankly just sounds like someone catching him while he was in the right mood, and him feeling relaxed and willing to have an honest interview.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see the upside of anyone signing this guy if he leaves the Seahawks. Yes, he is a beast as a running back, but is his petulant personality and looming back issues worth it? I think not. Let the Seahawks keep him.

Did any of that give Seattle problems?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will give an interview outside the country but snub the good old USA. This guy is odd in a bad way.

Granted, he is odd based upon perspective, but why do you say it is in a bad way?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok, how many games has Marshawn missed in his NFL career due to his back or any other reason?
Now, that you have formulated that answer, your post really gets down to you can't see anyone sign him because of his petulant personality.
No disrespect, but don't quit your day job to be a talent evaluator in the NFL. I don't think you would be very good at it as your decisions would be based upon personality and not based upon production or community benefits.

This makes me a Marshawn apologist, right?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch choosing to say this a month after the most painful loss in franchise history is indeed petulant.

What does it serve besides his ego? Absolutely nothing.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, how many games has Marshawn missed in his NFL career due to his back or any other reason?
Now, that you have formulated that answer, your post really gets down to you can't see anyone sign him because of his petulant personality.
No disrespect, but don't quit your day job to be a talent evaluator in the NFL. I don't think you would be very good at it as your decisions would be based upon personality and not based upon production or community benefits.

Who knows...I never mentioned apologists in any of my posts.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows...I never mentioned apologists in any of my posts.

Yes, I was aware of that and that is why I separated that comment from the main body of my post. It was probably poor grammer on my part, hence your response.
Post 4 and 5 mentioned Marshawn apologists.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disrespect, but don't quit your day job to be a talent evaluator in the NFL. I don't think you would be very good at it as your decisions would be based upon personality and not based upon production or community benefits.h

What does his community benefits have to do with this? Guess you wouldn't make a quality talent evaluator either? No disrespect

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does his community benefits have to do with this? Guess you wouldn't make a quality talent evaluator either? No disrespect
I'm not sure if your question warrants a response, but I have some free time today so no big.
LPF said he could not see any upside to any team signing Marshawn based upon his petulant personality. Part of his personal traits is his foundation for kids in Oakland. Big picture is, yes he is petulant but he does lots of good things too. To me this is a non issue but if someone is looking to bitch at Marshawn, this interview opens the door for that.
You are absolutely correct in that I would make a weak talent evaluator, but in this case I am not the one saying Marshawn isn't worth a signing. It is fine with me if you think the same way as LPF about Mr. Lynch. Not being an expert in spotting talent, to me it is easy to see that Marshawn has a place in this league.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm
I'm not sure if your question warrants a response, but I have some free time today so no big.
LPF said he could not see any upside to any team signing Marshawn based upon his petulant personality. Part of his personal traits is his foundation for kids in Oakland. Big picture is, yes he is petulant but he does lots of good things too. To me this is a non issue but if someone is looking to bitch at Marshawn, this interview opens the door for that.
You are absolutely correct in that I would make a weak talent evaluator, but in this case I am not the one saying Marshawn isn't worth a signing. It is fine with me if you think the same way as LPF about Mr. Lynch. Not being an expert in spotting talent, to me it is easy to see that Marshawn has a place in this league.
I'm not disagreeing ML is a talent and could be on most teams. I simply couldn't connect the dots on where you called out someone because of ML personality traits but introduce his community interests in the same post?

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm
I'm not disagreeing ML is a talent and could be on most teams. I simply couldn't connect the dots on where you called out someone because of ML personality traits but introduce his community interests in the same post?

It was very clear why he brought it up.