• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lynch fined for not speaking to the media

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL takes $100K from Seattle Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch for his media silence - ESPN

Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch has been fined $50,000 for violating the NFL's media policy, the league confirmed Wednesday to ESPN.

The NFL collected $100,000 from Marshawn Lynch for his violation of the league's media policy.
In addition, the league will collect the $50,000 fine that was imposed following violations of the media policy during the 2013 season, but held in abeyance in anticipation of Lynch's future cooperation.

The NFL media policy mandates that players must be available to the media during the practice week at the team facility and in the locker room following all games.

Lynch quickly dressed and left the team's locker room after Sunday's loss to the Kansas City Chiefs, calmly walking away when reporters asked to speak to him. Lynch later did a phone interview with only one reporter -- NFL.com's Michael Silver -- after leaving the locker room.

According to the media policy: "Star players, or other players with unusually heavy media demands, must be available to the media that regulary cover their teams at least once during the practice week in addition to their required postgame media availability."

Lynch was warned by league officials last week that he was subject to the fine if he didn't talk to the media after Sunday's game. It's Lynch's third fine for violations of the media policy.

Lynch spoke to reporters once this season after the Oakland game in Seattle on Nov. 2.

Player fines collected by the league are donated through the NFL Foundation to assist Roger Goodell in his never-ending quest to collect and view every homosexual ****ographic film ever.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the same day Lynch returns a man's wallet to his neighbor's house while on the way to Marysville-Pilchuk HS, the site of a school shooting leaving 5 people dead, to spend time with the kids there. :L

The NFL doesn't understand what's important in reality.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if he went out and gave a Bellichek interview would that make the reporters happier? What Bellichek ( and RGIII today ) does in interviews is 10x more disrespectful if you ask me. Giving a bunch of non-answers or outright not answering a question at all is better than not doing interviews? Seems pretty dumb to me but obviously some reporter was miffed enough to bitch about it to the NFL.

I hope these reporters don't mind getting the RGIII/Bellichek treatment from players more and more because that is what is going to happen.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reporters are a bunch of self important princesses.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't seem fair. Some people just don't want the limelight. I will be glad to fill in for Lynch and give the reporters all the interviews they want.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't seem fair. Some people just don't want the limelight. I will be glad to fill in for Lynch and give the reporters all the interviews they want.

Now that would make for good TV! Let the fans fill in for Lynch...I like it!

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch gets a bad rap from the media because he dislikes them, but the guy is a seriously good dude I think. He just likes to be left alone is all.

I don't know how many of you saw this but its from a Sporst Illustrated interview with Justin Forsett. It once again shows what kind of guy Beast really is.

VRENTAS: You played with Marshawn Lynch in both college and the NFL. What have you taken from the way he plays?
FORSETT: He goes out there and he is smiling and laughing and doesn’t take himself too seriously. Just going out there before every game and realizing, this is a game. This is a sport that we play. Have fun at it, because it doesn’t last forever. That mentality of his rubbed off on me. He called me [Monday] night after the game, and we talked for a bit, and he was telling me how proud he is of me. He let me know that he always knew I had it. It was good to hear from him.

Good stuff. I hope they figure out a way to keep him around if he's healthy enough and still wants to play.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have little or no use for today's media. Basically it's publish any rumor you can, quote an unnamed (fictitious?) source then put you on the spot to defend yourself.