• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marshall extension = Crabtree ceiling

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see 6 mill per season, maybe 7 mil if he has very good season. With Johnson and Boldin signed through 2015, I wouldn't keep Crabtree if he demanded 10 mil per season. What scares me is how the Niners have continually failed to develop receivers year after year.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin is so overrated. That was a bad contract for Seattle.

I sure wouldn't call it a great value for Seattle, but his contract hasn't hurt us yet. If he can remain somewhat healthy, he will give DC's a real problem to account for. Heck, he got about 150 yards in the SB touching the ball just a few times.
It all depends on his health.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His health is exactly why it was a bad deal.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Crabtree isn't better than Marshall, then it would be reasonable to say that Crabtree will not make more than Marshall. That's what he means by a "ceiling".

I'm not sure why you're saying "I don't think thats his ceiling" while agreeing that Crabs isn't better than Marshall and probably won't make as much as him.

Your not making any sense right now. I don't know why u are trying to start something. Its an opinion. I don't think he is better then Marshall so hence he shouldn't make as much as Marshall. So his ceiling shouldn't be that. Its not hard to follow.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Crabtree is more likely to be franchised instead of getting a contract.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Your not making any sense right now. I don't know why u are trying to start something. Its an opinion. I don't think he is better then Marshall so hence he shouldn't make as much as Marshall. So his ceiling shouldn't be that. Its not hard to follow.

No, you're the one who isn't making sense. And I'm not saying that to be a dick. You just don't seem to understand the meaning of the word "ceiling" in this context. The ceiling is the absolute most the Crabtree could get. Maiocco is not saying he will get that. He is saying he will not get MORE than that. You are "disagreeing" by saying Crabtree will get less than the ceiling, which is not inconsistent with Maiocco's article. If Crabtree gets $8 million/year, Maiocco was correct.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you're the one who isn't making sense. And I'm not saying that to be a dick. You just don't seem to understand the meaning of the word "ceiling" in this context. The ceiling is the absolute most the Crabtree could get. Maiocco is not saying he will get that. He is saying he will not get MORE than that. You are "disagreeing" by saying Crabtree will get less than the ceiling, which is not inconsistent with Maiocco's article. If Crabtree gets $8 million/year, Maiocco was correct.

I do understand Ceiling. ITs MY opinion I don't think that is his ceiling. Its ok u are confused. Its no big deal. People make mistakes. If some one said 20 million its their opinion.

MY opinion is his ceiling should be 9 million but should only get around 6-8 million a year. I stated it before. Yes its not a big difference but to put the ceiling at Marshalls contract makes no sense because Marshall is a better player. Have to find another player similar to Crabtree.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I do understand Ceiling. ITs MY opinion I don't think that is his ceiling. Its ok u are confused. Its no big deal. People make mistakes. If some one said 20 million its their opinion.

MY opinion is his ceiling should be 9 million but should only get around 6-8 million a year. I stated it before. Yes its not a big difference but to put the ceiling at Marshalls contract makes no sense because Marshall is a better player. Have to find another player similar to Crabtree.

Look, let's try an analogy. My friend has $100. I say, "my friend has less than $200." You then say, "I disagree, your friend has less than $185." As my statement is correct, you are not in fact disagreeing with me. You are simply supplying a number that falls within that range. If you think Crabtree's ceiling is lower than Maiocco thinks, that's fine. You just aren't disagreeing with him.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
One wildcard in all of this is the salary cap is supposed to keep jumping up and it could 140-145 million next year and 150-160 million in 2016.

So teams might be a little more willing to go higher on contracts they normally wouldn't have when the cap was lower.

Though it clear the team is preparing itself for life without Iupati.

For starters in general it doesn't seem Baalke puts a lot of value in Guards in the first place. In 2010 which was the heavily influenced by Singletary draft he used 1st round picks on lineman but outside of that the 3rd round this past draft was the highest he used a pick on a lineman. And both of those lineman taken are potential starters at Guard though I would imagine Baalke believes Martin will take the Center spot.

So I say odds are Crabtree gets the deal over Iupati but I do with the cap increases we could squeeze in both.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not trying to start anything at all. Just trying to show you that you're contradicting yourself with these two sentences. This is why I was trying to explain what a ceiling is.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't even think Crabtree is our best WR.

Our best overall WR is Vernon Davis.

Then it's a three way tie for 2nd: Crabtree, Boldin, and Stevie Johnson.
I wouldn't give Crabtree more money than Boldin or Stevie Johnson are making.
If he wants more, adios.

What puzzles me though is we didn't grab one of the 6'2" - 6'3" 215-220 pound receivers that were in the draft (Latimer, Moncrief, etc.)

Maybe Baldwin still has a chance on this team as the 6th WR, or maybe Ellington goes on the practice squad.
Crabtree, Boldin, Johnson, Patton are locks.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, let's try an analogy. My friend has $100. I say, "my friend has less than $200." You then say, "I disagree, your friend has less than $185." As my statement is correct, you are not in fact disagreeing with me. You are simply supplying a number that falls within that range. If you think Crabtree's ceiling is lower than Maiocco thinks, that's fine. You just aren't disagreeing with him.

Thats not the same because your friend has $100 so its a fact that your friend has less then 200. My point is I disagree with his ceiling be 10 million. There are no facts here. We have no idea how much crabtree will make. Im saying his ceiling should not be what Marshall got. He isn't a better player then him so again hence he shouldn't even look at 10 million. Thats why I think his ceiling is 9 million.

I hope this helps. I do agree its not a fact that the article is wrong but in my opinion I disagree with his ceiling. Thats all.

Now this is all base on what he did so far. Like I said if he has a major break out year then this might all change.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thats not the same because your friend has $100 so its a fact that your friend has less then 200. My point is I disagree with his ceiling be 10 million. There are no facts here. We have no idea how much crabtree will make. Im saying his ceiling should not be what Marshall got. He isn't a better player then him so again hence he shouldn't even look at 10 million. Thats why I think his ceiling is 9 million.

I hope this helps. I do agree its not a fact that the article is wrong but in my opinion I disagree with his ceiling. Thats all.

Now this is all base on what he did so far. Like I said if he has a major break out year then this might all change.

If you are saying his ceiling is lower, then you are not disagreeing with the article.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying I would agree with the article if he said like 9 million being the ceiling. I don't agree with the 10 million. Hey in the end I might be wrong and he might get 10 million but if you look what he has done so far I don't see him being a 10 million dollar WR. He is very good WR and a nice #1 but he isn't a game changer. Im a fan of crabtree and hope we don't lose him but I have a feeling 49ers aren't going pay him what he wants.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this analogy. If I lay down 3 boxes in front of you and tell you to pick a box any box but the most money inside that box is $10. You pick box "B" which has $8. Now the max you could have got is $10 so anything under that $10 dollars is the ceiling. It does not matter if you think that you deserved 9 dollars the max you can get is 10.

Even though you think you are disagreeing with Maiocco you aren't since the value you place on Crabtree is within the absolute value that Maiocco used with in this case was an arbitrary number of 10 million dollars.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

If he wants more, adios.

What puzzles me though is we didn't grab one of the 6'2" - 6'3" 215-220 pound receivers that were in the draft (Latimer, Moncrief, etc.)

Maybe Baldwin still has a chance on this team as the 6th WR, or maybe Ellington goes on the practice squad.

Davis is not our best WR. If he was, I'm fairly certain he would line up at WR considerably more than he has. He doesn't split out wide because 95% of CBs would eat his lunch on an island.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
On the moncrief point, I feel that we would have drafted him at 94. However, Indianapolis grabbed him at 90 and therefore we moved back with the Browns I believe?

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he wants more, adios.

I think Boldin is our best right now, Davis drops too many balls because he always jumps for every damn pass even if it is at his knees

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Boldin is too, but I am anxious to see a healthy Crabtree and hope he's able to replicate his 2012 season.