• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marriota opts to stay at Oregon

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Marriota announced today that he is forgoing the NFL Draft to stay at Oregon one more season. Aside from him being a complete NUTCASE for doing it, that REALLY makes the Redskins pick even that much more valuable. Any team that wants or needs a QB will be ALL over that pick if it is in the top 3.

If we are #4 or #5, just take Matthews and hope that Watkins or Evans are there for the Rams other pick. But if we have either #1-#3 I personally think we need to seriously consider potential offers. Like would Houston offer up Ben Tate and DeAndre Hopkins plus swap #1's and offer a 3rd? Or would Minnesota offer up Jennings, flip #1's and a 3rd? Again, in no way do we trade down beyond where our other pick would be unless the offer is just amazing. Only thing I could see making us do that would be if the Bears offered to flip #1's, gave us a 3rd this year, a 1st and 3rd next year AND Alshon Jeffrey or if like if Denver were to give us the same picks as Chicago and send us Damaryus Thomas...

I know the last 2 are pipe dreams but hell if I am gonna be the official unofficial GM of these boards, I need to think outside the box!! :10::nod:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is right KSUDodgers. Since you are the unofficial GM of the boards with SJ76 right there with you, the two of you are really going to have to put together a great strategy to get us through this next draft with some very high quality talent because if history tells us anything, Fisher and Snead are going to screw this one up again. I hope not but all too often, this franchise has a need to shoot itself in the foot when a golden opportunity is staring it in the face.

BTW, am I going to see in the news in the near future that one or both of you will be hired by the Rams in the player personnel development department?

Last edited by a moderator:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Saffolds future on this team will determine on how we choose in the draft. If he stays, we wont draft an o-lineman, if he darts, I think we will look at interior o-lineman, not tackles. Interior o-line can be had in the later rds.

I know Saffold probably wants to be a starting left tackle in this league and he knows it aint gonna happen here, so in all likelyhood he will be done as a RAM.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have that Redskins pick at #2 right now. That is called leverage. Could the Rams use that new QB, sure but do we still get that guy later and what we want is even another couple of picks early in the draft. I still want the best OT available when we pick but we might just be able to get that safety to pair with McDonald and a huge WR early either by draft or by trade. That RGIII deal keeps getting better if Fisher and Snead figure it out. By the way with the USC job gone, who thinks Fisher leaves now? He is here for his 5 year term.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree zeke.. I think Saffold might have just found his niche as a RG. I think we might even be able to convince him to stay and see this through. IMO, the 3 OT's at the top of the draft are WAAAAY too good to pass up.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and it just gets better for St Louis. Zach Mettenberger tore his ACL and if he still opts to leave school, he is now not someone a team would spend a low 1st/high 2nd on. Who knows, if he does leave, maybe we grab him in the 3rd and stash him on IR and let him rehab...then let he and Bradford or whoever battle it out.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston won't be offering up Tate; he's a free agent.

Of the teams currently in the top 10, the Texans, Jags, Vikes and Browns could/should all be looking QB. Depending on where everything settles, this could get interesting. Tampa might have been in that mix a few weeks ago, but it looks like they will stick with Glennon now that he's playing well. The Texans play the Jags tomorrow, which will either push the Jags farther down the draft order, or bump the Texans out of 1st.

The Browns, Vikings, and Jags all have suffered with poor 1st round QB picks and might be desperate enough to trade up to #1 to get the top guy. The Browns have 2 1sts this year (2nd from the Colts for Trent Richardson), so they could easily work a trade to move up.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree zeke.. I think Saffold might have just found his niche as a RG. I think we might even be able to convince him to stay and see this through. IMO, the 3 OT's at the top of the draft are WAAAAY too good to pass up.

I hope you are right... Hell, I think Saffold @ g is one of the biggest reason are run game is so successful. I hope he stays, but I still remember how po'ed he was when Long arrived. Im thinkin he'll want to start at tackle on anther team.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marriota needs a little more work on his feet, but man what a risk. He could have sat for the 1st 4-6 weeks and held a clipboard, while learning or the entire year while raking in some cash. He's going to be very good.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KSU.. Z Mettenburg in the 3rd healthy doesn't interest me. He's got 2 really good WRs making him look good and not a lot of pocket awareness. No speed. You're drafting another pocket passer and using a 3rd rounder - so then we have 2 QBs coming off of knee problems?

Carr or Boyd are QBs we should be seriously looking at. And I like I said a few weeks ago, 7 OTs will be drafted thru the first 2 rounds.

Good year for WRs. I think we could take another WR in 2nd or 3rd, on top of 1 in the 1st. Take a DB or OLB in 2nd/3rd maybe too. Is Pettis contract up? Insurance for Quick?

We need to flipping score some points.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on Mariotta, he laid an egg against Stanford..made some big stupid mistakes. I watched him on the side line that game and he had that Bradford look on his face, maybe I'm wrong..maybe I'm not but I wouldn't want him. Whats the skinny on Bridgewater?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater hasn't faced a Stanford like D I can tell you that much. Problem with Oregon is they are fast, but lack size on offense. They have no "rammer" at RB.

Stanford might have the best D in the country.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KSU.. Z Mettenburg in the 3rd healthy doesn't interest me. He's got 2 really good WRs making him look good and not a lot of pocket awareness. No speed. You're drafting another pocket passer and using a 3rd rounder - so then we have 2 QBs coming off of knee problems?

Carr or Boyd are QBs we should be seriously looking at. And I like I said a few weeks ago, 7 OTs will be drafted thru the first 2 rounds.

Good year for WRs. I think we could take another WR in 2nd or 3rd, on top of 1 in the 1st. Take a DB or OLB in 2nd/3rd maybe too. Is Pettis contract up? Insurance for Quick?

We need to flipping score some points.

I agree 100%.. if we do not deal either pick and we have 2 picks in the 1st, 1 in the 2nd and 1 in the 3rd then I think we need to come out of the first 4 rounds with a WR,OT,S,OLB or DT and QB.

I like the options that could and should be around in rounds 3 and 4 at QB. But at the same time I also like some of the possible options in rounds 3 and 4 at OLB. I also like some of the options at S as well in rounds 3 and 4. We will have a lot of options and honestly not a whole lot of ways to screw it up....but who knows.