• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Marlins @ Pirates

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, man, Kang looked terrible today, then he makes an adjustment and delivers that hit. What a signing he's been so far.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe Tabata isnt a waste of space this year.

The adjustment he made is getting results so far, it seems. If he flounders, Gorkys Hernandez (yeah, you heard me) is hitting for both average and power and is drawing walks in AAA right now and could also serve as useful depth in the outfield, especially since his defense and baserunning were already outstanding. Jaff Decker's another outfield option, plus Lombardozzi's super-utility self could be called up again.

Lots more options this year than last.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice come back today to give Cole the much deserved win.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The adjustment he made is getting results so far, it seems. If he flounders, Gorkys Hernandez (yeah, you heard me) is hitting for both average and power and is drawing walks in AAA right now and could also serve as useful depth in the outfield, especially since his defense and baserunning were already outstanding. Jaff Decker's another outfield option, plus Lombardozzi's super-utility self could be called up again.

Lots more options this year than last.

Those options make you feel a little better knowing the fact that Polanco and Marte have slumped at times.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been extremely impressed with Alvarez the past couple weeks, too. His approach has been solid, he's driving the ball and coming through in big spots. He looks better at the plate to me than he ever has.

On the season, his walk rate is up, his K rate is down, and he's shown 2013 power. This could end up being his best offensive season to date (and just in time for us to trade him this winter!).

He's not producing at the level you'd hope from a first baseman, but he's giving us more than we counted on from him, and it's been a big part of the Bucs' recent success I think.