• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mark Jackson just called LeBron the greatest SF that's every played the game.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall team record plays a big part when determining the MVP. More so today than it did 30yrs ago.

The legends you mention above were all on great teams (minus Houston the year Moses won it with them) and had been in the league for a while when they won over Bird. Look up the teams records who James lost to and compare those to the Cavs records. Plus, which is funny, is that you're listing players who won over James from his rookie season on. How dare an 18-19yr old not win the MVP :rollseyes:

The year Rose won it ( which most think was a joke), the Bulls swept the Heat in the regular season and ended with 4 more wins.

So I shouldn't count Bird's rookie year then? Is that what you are saying?

But your excuses are entertaining...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idiot, that isn't why Bird is better. Bird is better because the level of competition was better. Career wise, they are quite even (meaning that a stat, per game over their career, is within one of each other) except that Bird is a better defensive rebounder (8.0 to 6.0) and LBJ scores about 3 more per game (27.5 to 24.3). And Bird has the better 3 P% (.379 to .376) and FT% (.886 to .749).

That is why Bird is better.

You named like 6 guys that are in the HOF, but to say the compeition was better bc of those guys :laugh3:

What about all those white boys that couldn't jump and less athleticism on the bench. The overall NBA has more athleticism now and competition. You have guys on the bench that could stsrt on some teams back then with their athleticism and that can still shoot.

The overall league might of been a better watch back then and the top of the league was better, but it was lopsided.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah Bird was a competitor, was tough, one of the greatest of all-time. But I would like to see him try to push around Lebron at 6'8" 260 pure muscle, considering Lebron is 10x quicker, stronger, and more athletic than Bird. Bird would have to score from outside. Bird is a top 5 player of all-time, but don't try to compare him playing those undersized white guys with Lebron playing these more athletic guys that he is basically blowing by like it's no big deal.

I have respect for Bird, but he better be happy he played back then he wouldn't of got those numbers in this era.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I shouldn't count Bird's rookie year then? Is that what you are saying?

But your excuses are entertaining...
You mean 23yr old rookie Bird??

How does posting facts about how team records factor into the voting of MVP become an excuse?

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You named like 6 guys that are in the HOF, but to say the compeition was better bc of those guys :laugh3:

What about all those white boys that couldn't jump and less athleticism on the bench. The overall NBA has more athleticism now and competition. You have guys on the bench that could stsrt on some teams back then with their athleticism and that can still shoot.

The overall league might of been a better watch back then and the top of the league was better, but it was lopsided.

Yah Bird was a competitor, was tough, one of the greatest of all-time. But I would like to see him try to push around Lebron at 6'8" 260 pure muscle, considering Lebron is 10x quicker, stronger, and more athletic than Bird. Bird would have to score from outside. Bird is a top 5 player of all-time, but don't try to compare him playing those undersized white guys with Lebron playing these more athletic guys that he is basically blowing by like it's no big deal.

I have respect for Bird, but he better be happy he played back then he wouldn't of got those numbers in this era.

th

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either you are lying or exaggerating. Lebrons assists were shown twice. Once at real speed and then in slow motion. Regardless he is still a better passer than Bird was. Throw in that today's athletes are quicker and bigger its really no contest.
Your point is not well taken. If I implied that EVERY pass was shown 3-4 times, then I was wrong. Only some of them were. But every one was shown at least twice as opposed to the Bird video, which was 2 min. longer, where each was shown once and in shorter bursts. Many, many more great passes by Bird than shown in the Lebron video. You had no basis for mocking the poster and probably have less basis for your claim that Lebron is a better passer than Bird was.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Her is a video when Bird went for 60. Look at this defense...pathetic! Yah compeition is my much better. I think some people really take for granted how athletic this league is now. Don't get me wrong Bird was incredible, he made some crazy shots and made it look easy.

But if Lebron played back then it wouldn't be fair. He would score every time. *see I can do it too :laugh3:

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Her is a video when Bird went for 60. Look at this defense...pathetic! Yah compeition is my much better. I think some people really take for granted how athletic this league is now. Don't get me wrong Bird was incredible, he made some crazy shots and made it look easy.

But if Lebron played back then it wouldn't be fair. He would score every time. *see I can do it too :laugh3:

Not as pathetic as the defenses are today. The rules make it easier to score now. That is an undeniable fact.

And if LBJ played back then, the Pistons would have made him cry. Face it. He is soft. No killer instinct.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I'll play. How is LBJ a better basketball player then Bird? Opinions will be disregarded. Bring facts.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and that unathletic white guy is a better rebounder than LBJ. Fact.

Well considering he played near the post more, didn't handle the ball it is easier to grab rebounds. Lebron handles the ball almost every possession and guards the perimeter but STILL grabs at least 6 a game. Yeah, I know you're impressed too.

Btw...right now considering accomplishments I would put Lebron right thar with Bird or a little lower than him. But there is no doubt he will be better than Bird.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well considering he played near the post more, didn't handle the ball it is easier to grab rebounds. Lebron handles the ball almost every possession and guards the perimeter but STILL grabs at least 6 a game. Yeah, I know you're impressed too.

Btw...right now considering accomplishments I would put Lebron right thar with Bird or a little lower than him. But there is no doubt he will be better than Bird.

So you are making excuses as to why LBJ's stats are not as good. The ONLY stat where LBJ is superior is PPG. By three and change. That is it. Not sure how that makes LBJ better or equal. Bird is superior in 3 categories. On top of that the league is much softer now.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are making excuses as to why LBJ's stats are not as good. The ONLY stat where LBJ is superior is PPG. By three and change. That is it. Not sure how that makes LBJ better or equal. Bird is superior in 3 categories.

I would go by stats and accomplishments makes sense and Bird had a better team around him (that is besides the point.

Lebron already has 2 Finals MVP's, 4 MVP's, and 2 ships.

Bird had 2 Finals MVP's, 3 MVP's, and 3 ships.

LBJ- Already 10 All-Star Appearances, 9 All-NBA teams, 7 1st team All-NBA teams, 3 All-Defensive 1st Teams, 5 All-Defensive Teams, 1 scoring title, and he won Rookie-of-the-Year.

Bird- 12 All-Star appearances, 10 All-NBA teams, 9 1st team All-NBA teams, 0 All-Defensive 1st Teams, 3 All-Defensive Teams, 0 times scoring titles, and he won Rookie-of-the-Year.

So already through 10 seasons Lebron is a better scorer and defensive player w/o stats.

So stats wise regular season-- Lebron is a better scorer and passer, while Bird is a better rebounder. Steals and blocks are actually identical.

Field goal percentage is actually identical as well .496, but Lebron could pass him this year. Bird was a better 3 pt shooter and free throw shooter percentage wise.

Playoff stats-- Lebron is a better scorer by about 5 ppg.
Bird is a better rebounder by 1.7 rpg.
James has more assists by .3 apg.
Steals and blocks are identical.
FG percentage is identical and so is 3 pt percentage. Bird is the better free throw shooter percentage wise.

Career stats-
Lebron has passed Bird on points already. Will pass him on assists, steals, and blocks most likely this year.

Bird has 1 more ring so far.
Lebron has 1 more MVP, All-NBA teams, and defensive teams.
Scorer- Lebron
Rebounder- Bird
Passer- Lebron
FG pct shooter- same
3 pt pct shooter- Bird
FT shooter- Bird
Steals and blocks- same
Defnsive player- Lebron
Career (Milestones) stats- Lebron except rebounds
Playoff stats- Lebron scoring and passing, Bird rebounding, the rest is identical

Lebron overall- 8
Bird overall- 5

Lebron wins! Case closed! :suds: