• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mark Jackson just called LeBron the greatest SF that's every played the game.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They say that hearty laughter reduces nervousness. Dont be nervous. Bird is still one bad ass MF. Just not as bad as Lebron.

george-of-the-jungle.gif&size=400x1000

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like LeBron allot but he doesn't have the killer instinct that Jordan, Magic or Bird had. Hell, Kobe is twice the competitor LeBron is. And Bird, though blessed with height, played with a percentage of the physical ability that the other guys possess.

This anointing of LeBron is very reactionary. He's still well behind Kobe. Hell, I may even take the Mailman or The Big Fundamental ahead of LeBron if I'm building my team.

And most likely roids.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL you guys are like the trolls who post "roids" on every fitness picture of a guy with a better build than you.

Lose argument...ROIDS!!!

Side note, you really think that steroids or other PEDs weren't being used in the 1980s? HGH and Steroids were both being used, they just weren't talked about and especially not tested for.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're 100% sure Bird, Magic, MJ, Pippen, Malone is NOT on the 'roids?

Fixed to ask you...? It is really hard for a man to contract HIV from a woman...but needles and gay sex make it a lot easier.

Of course I am not sure LBJ is not using PEDs, frankly I do not care. I have a good idea of how HGH and steroids work, their true risks when used with world class doctors at an adequate age, the high demand an 82 game season requires and the reason why the NBA has so many gaps in it's testing policies.

1 argument for LBJ being clean is the olympics but there are gaps there as well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Google HGH - It's a substance the NBA doesn't test for. It isn't a steroid, per-se, but it is a performance enhancing drug.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the olympics do test for HGH.

...and HGH is the safer of the 2 drugs and also makes a lot more sense for NBA players to use over steroids, although both are very beneficial.

The NBA (and NFL) do not test for HGH because they know PED's improve their product, especially if the public assume athletes are clean. There is no way that JJ Watt types (who are the norm in the NFL) are "natural". What makes me think that the NBA has an issue with PEDs is the increase in injuries and lack of testing and enforcement of PED rules.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the olympics do test for HGH.

...and HGH is the safer of the 2 drugs and also makes a lot more sense for NBA players to use over steroids, although both are very beneficial.

The NBA (and NFL) do not test for HGH because they know PED's improve their product, especially if the public assume athletes are clean. There is no way that JJ Watt types (who are the norm in the NFL) are "natural". What makes me think that the NBA has an issue with PEDs is the increase in injuries and lack of testing and enforcement of PED rules.

Agreed!

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of Bird's 13 seasons in the league, he lost the MVP race to 3 of arguably the top 5 players in league history, Magic, MJ and Kareem. Also lost to fellow 3 time MVP Moses Malone twice and once to Dr. J. Stiff competition.

LBJ? Lost to KG, D. Rose, Kobe, Dirk and Nash twice.

Magic, MJ, Kareem, Moses, Dr. J >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KG, Rose, Dirk, Nash, Kobe
Overall team record plays a big part when determining the MVP. More so today than it did 30yrs ago.

The legends you mention above were all on great teams (minus Houston the year Moses won it with them) and had been in the league for a while when they won over Bird. Look up the teams records who James lost to and compare those to the Cavs records. Plus, which is funny, is that you're listing players who won over James from his rookie season on. How dare an 18-19yr old not win the MVP :rollseyes:

The year Rose won it ( which most think was a joke), the Bulls swept the Heat in the regular season and ended with 4 more wins.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're 100% sure Lebron is NOT on the 'roids?

No but the guy has always been big. He is 250 now (yah they list him at 260, they also list Gerald Wallace at like 6'8"---he is 6'5" tops). He was 225-230 coming out of HS. He doesn't need toids or HGH and he hasn't had a problem with injuries since he has come into the league. Doesn't add up unlike other players who have had injury problems (like Kobe).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alleyooping to yourself isn't passing. Kids do that shit all the time.

Find me a video of all of the great LBJ passes...

You really want to watch a 30 minute long video. :laugh3:

He is one of , if not the best, non-PG passers of all-time.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that's why Bird is better?? lol

Look at Lebron's numbers basically 28 7 and 7. And recently started shooting at 55%-60%. That's insane in any era.

No idiot, that isn't why Bird is better. Bird is better because the level of competition was better. Career wise, they are quite even (meaning that a stat, per game over their career, is within one of each other) except that Bird is a better defensive rebounder (8.0 to 6.0) and LBJ scores about 3 more per game (27.5 to 24.3). And Bird has the better 3 P% (.379 to .376) and FT% (.886 to .749).

That is why Bird is better.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either you are lying or exaggerating. Lebrons assists were shown twice. Once at real speed and then in slow motion. Regardless he is still a better passer than Bird was. Throw in that today's athletes are quicker and bigger its really no contest.

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PEDs are not new.

What? You mean Barry Bonds and Lebron werent pioneers of PEDs? Are you saying would take PEDs to make millions even in the 90s? How about the 80s? Surely not the 70s, right? Nobody cheated when I was a child. It's only these new young kids.

Also I dont have an amazing ass picture to stamp your post with. But you deserve one for bringing Diamond Dallas Page into this discussion.