• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mark Jackson - HC or Motivational Speaker?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to believe it's the latter.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to believe it's the latter.

Por Que? Explain.

I see a Jackson-coached team that never quits (even when we wanted it to late last year!). And despite the injuries and overall inexperience, the team continues to improve on defense.

I'm pretty happy with him so far.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Por Que? Explain.

I see a Jackson-coached team that never quits (even when we wanted it to late last year!). And despite the injuries and overall inexperience, the team continues to improve on defense.

I'm pretty happy with him so far.

I agree - this team plays hard for him and it's quite evident in the defensive end of the game. I'm not sure if the OP made this reference due to the loss against OKC, but asking the W's to beat one of the most elite teams in the league on their floor is something hard to do.

As I mentioned on other threads, the defensive rotations look better and the commitment to rebounding is there - where this team is lacking right now is experience (3 rooks on the team plus two 2nd year players in Klay and Jenkins), minor depth issues (d/t to the losses of Bogut and Rush although this team does have a solid bench), and the offensive sets looking out of whack at times.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree - this team plays hard for him and it's quite evident in the defensive end of the game. I'm not sure if the OP made this reference due to the loss against OKC, but asking the W's to beat one of the most elite teams in the league on their floor is something hard to do.

As I mentioned on other threads, the defensive rotations look better and the commitment to rebounding is there - where this team is lacking right now is experience (3 rooks on the team plus two 2nd year players in Klay and Jenkins), minor depth issues (d/t to the losses of Bogut and Rush although this team does have a solid bench), and the offensive sets looking out of whack at times.

That is where Jackson is lacking as a coach. Everything that you typed above is true. The Dubs have about five offensive plays that they run, but in the first ten games, I haven't recognized a set, half-court offense. There has to be more to encourage ball movement than the players' athleticism. That is what an offensive set does. I hope that will change soon.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is where Jackson is lacking as a coach. Everything that you typed above is true. The Dubs have about five offensive plays that they run, but in the first ten games, I haven't recognized a set, half-court offense. There has to be more to encourage ball movement than the players' athleticism. That is what an offensive set does. I hope that will change soon.

The Warriors have a set half court offense. The only problem with it is that it's very perimeter oriented. Everything they run off a high post entry pass. Their main play starts with an entry pass to the high post. The PG runs off that to the strong side and if given back to the PG, they run a pick and roll. The other option is that on the weak side, they run a down screen to get another wing player to cut up high and look for an outside shot(Klay or Curry when Jack is in). They also run a "flex" play, which also starts with the ball in the high post and has a cutter coming across the lane and the player in the low post, cutting high. This play also has the ball at the high post the entire play.

Its clear that Jackson and his staff want to emphasize their strengths of big men passing and having spot up shooters. They still need to get going to the basket more which is why Barnes development is so critical to this teams success. He seems to be the only one on the team willing/able to take the ball to the basket.

The offense needs to incorporate more weak side movement and high screens for back cuts, rather than using plays that bring players from low to high. The Warriors are always going to be able to get a good perimeter shot, but that should not be the 1st option.