• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariota trade talk...

EagleUpNorth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our 2015 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 2016 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 2017 1st, 2nd, 3rd trade to Tampa for their 2015 1st and Mike Evans.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our 2015 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 2016 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 2017 1st, 2nd, 3rd trade to Tampa for their 2015 1st and Mike Evans.

So pretty much no draft for the next 3 years, for Mariota and Evans.

EagleUpNorth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So pretty much no draft for the next 3 years, for Mariota and Evans.

No top picks for three years, which we usually squander anyways, and we'd still have foles to trade, possibly Kendricks.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No top picks for three years, which we usually squander anyways, and we'd still have foles to trade, possibly Kendricks.

You're really going to give up ALL that….AND Trade Kendricks? lol wtf?? And I love Mariota, and I want to trade up for him…but there needs to be a line drawn.

EagleUpNorth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've just gone thru 2 offseasons cutting our star wr, trading shady to buff and losing maclin to big red. Foles is soon to be the qb of the rams or titans. There will be no Cole or herremans for the first time in a long time. What's a little more change? I read the idea of it on a blog somewhere, and the more I think about it, the more I do it. If you believe in chip, you go all in

I'd keep demeco, trade Kendricks while his value is high and draft Stephon Anthony as his replacement. Can probably get some decent Rbs in the mid rounds this year too.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade Foles, Kendricks This years #20 and 3rd rd pick, next years #1 and 3rd rd pick
That would be the maximim I would trade to get MM. That is a Fuckin ton.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've just gone thru 2 offseasons cutting our star wr, trading shady to buff and losing maclin to big red. Foles is soon to be the qb of the rams or titans. There will be no Cole or herremans for the first time in a long time. What's a little more change? I read the idea of it on a blog somewhere, and the more I think about it, the more I do it. If you believe in chip, you go all in

I'd keep demeco, trade Kendricks while his value is high and draft Stephon Anthony as his replacement. Can probably get some decent Rbs in the mid rounds this year too.

#1 - That's not a little more change. You're also stating that we've lost a lot of players, usually when that happens you'll need more draft picks to replace them. Obviously we can't get everyone in FA.

#2 - While his value is high!? Of course his value is high -- he's the next Patrick Willis, why ship him out?

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys and Kendricks….I'm going to lose my mind LOL :nono::L:tsk::mad2:…….:noidea:

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly there is some good crack being smoked in this forum.

Throw the value chart out, that's from a different time and a different era. it certainly didn't apply in either of those trades.

A few years ago it took three first to move from 6 to 2. Last year it took two ones to move up 4 slots.

There are at least 3/4 other teams who would also like to have mariotta. And people think he can be had for a 3rd year QB a first and a second and a player or two? If other teams are competing to get him the price will be more than double that. Multiple picks over several years.

While I would love to see us get Mariota, I simply don't see us getting him unless he drops to around 8 or 9 which I see zero chance of happening. Chip can want him all he wants, but from 20 into the top 5 is a monster leap. I think Chip will concentrate on Hundley or Petty in Rd 2 to learn behind Sanchez for a year or two.

EagleUpNorth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 - That's not a little more change. You're also stating that we've lost a lot of players, usually when that happens you'll need more draft picks to replace them. Obviously we can't get everyone in FA.

#2 - While his value is high!? Of course his value is high -- he's the next Patrick Willis, why ship him out?

It's simply adding Mariota and Evans, subtracting foles and Kendricks and the 9 draft picks. And we can't get every top free agent, clearly, but we can get some solid players, there are still plenty left at positions of need.

And Kendricks is nowhere near Patrick willis' level, probably never will be. It's clear demeco is staying right, and kiko is chips boy, so that leaves Kendricks on the out. If we trade so many picks for mm, Kendricks can help us replenish, plus we won't have to give him an extension.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I would love to see us get Mariota, I simply don't see us getting him unless he drops to around 8 or 9 which I see zero chance of happening. Chip can want him all he wants, but from 20 into the top 5 is a monster leap. I think Chip will concentrate on Hundley or Petty in Rd 2 to learn behind Sanchez for a year or two.
This^^^

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's simply adding Mariota and Evans, subtracting foles and Kendricks and the 9 draft picks. And we can't get every top free agent, clearly, but we can get some solid players, there are still plenty left at positions of need.

And Kendricks is nowhere near Patrick willis' level, probably never will be. It's clear demeco is staying right, and kiko is chips boy, so that leaves Kendricks on the out. If we trade so many picks for mm, Kendricks can help us replenish, plus we won't have to give him an extension.

This part made me chuckle, especially the 9 draft picks part. I think Kendricks is a budding star. He's a freak athlete that plays sideline to sideline, he plays with physicality and delivers a blow on impact. He's a damn good run stuffer and plays with a non stop motor and the tenacity you want out of a LBer. He has very good instincts and constantly makes plays. He's excellent in coverage and he's probably THE best blitzing ILB in the game. Oh…and he's 24 years old

EagleUpNorth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Foles + 20 for rams 10? Jump from there top 3 with future picks. It's difficult but,not impossible.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be pissed if Kendricks gets dealt. He's already proven he can play in the Davis' defensive scheme. I hope it's just a trade rumor and nothing else.

EagleUpNorth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This part made me chuckle, especially the 9 draft picks part. I think Kendricks is a budding star. He's a freak athlete that plays sideline to sideline, he plays with physicality and delivers a blow on impact. He has very good instincts and constantly makes plays. He's excellent in coverage and he's probably THE best blitzing ILB in the game. Oh…and he's 24 years old

It's hard to fathom a trade so big. The Herschel Walker and Ricky Williams trades were as big though.... Kendricks is undersized, oft-injured, and a better all for a team with a 4-3 d, Imo. He's been running on potential for three years now. Hasn't been consistent. Kiko will make you ease thru the loss of Kendricks.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to fathom a trade so big. The Herschel Walker and Ricky Williams trades were as big though.... Kendricks is undersized, oft-injured, and a better all for a team with a 4-3 d, Imo. He's been running on potential for three years now. Hasn't been consistent. Kiko will make you ease thru the loss of Kendricks.

He wasn't consistent his first 2 years I'll give you that, but he and Cox were absolute standouts for this defense this past year. I think oft-injured is a bit harsh, being he started in 15 games in 2013. I guess I see a budding star, and some do not.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be shocked if Chip trades Foles, #20 our 2nd rd pick this year and next years First rd pick for the Rams #10 and the Rams 2nd rd pick this year and 2nd rd pick next year.

Then he drafts Trae Waynes at #10 and he selects Brett Hundley at #41 in rd 2.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, this isn't clear at all. I love DeMeco, but it remains to be see if he plays for us again .... or at all, for that matter. Trading Kendricks, right now, would be beyond stupid.