• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariota to Philly?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be the only Eagles fan on this forum who doesn't want MM. It's one thing to move up a few spots, but from #20 up to top 3-4? I'll make sure I'm doing the bong hits come draft day. The Eagles need these picks and FA to fill much needed areas( I.e. Secondary). It's no knock on MM, he's work ethic and character would be wonderful to have. The Eagles are not the Skins, no need to be foolish. Foles will be fine IMO.

I think even the Redskins won't make any trades like this any longer (especially with new GM). I think that most teams are going to be skeptical of QBs coming out of these type of offenses (even Kelly & the Eagles) given past history. I would be shocked to see any team pull off this type of trade.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although me and PDay have disagreed before, he does know football. He nailed this topic cause the Eagles problem isn't QB. They probably have the worst secondary in the NFL. How much better is Mariotta then Foles? Eagles need a FA CB or S and to use two of their first 3 ppicks on CB or S.

With an aging OL, needing LB help, etc they Birds can't waste multiple picks with so many needs.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or you get a team that is so desperate to trade down and accumulate draft picks that they are willing to take pennies on the dollar to move down.
RG3 trade was unique because the Rams had a bidding war between the Redskins and Browns. It might be as simple as Foles and an extra 1st to get up to...lets say pick 3 to get Mariota. Once you get passed pick 3 then the Jets become a likely target for Mariota and that becomes a real problem for other teams.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's the corners, the pussy safety, ( Nate Allen) and the lack of athletic OLB.....
and I still maintain defense is as much about attitude and old fashion want to, even in the NFL to a small degree.
You ask PE1 and hardly a Dallas defensive player would start for philly from last year. Dallas bought in to what the coaches were selling. That needs to continue with added talent from the draft if Dallas is to remain a serious contender.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chip would trade the farm for Mariota. But I don't see this guy dropping below the top two picks. The NFL is starved for QBs and this guy is a boy scout. He's not a sure think like Andrew Luck, but he is a risk worth taking for most teams in need of a QB, which is like half the NFL.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trolling for a fight PDay cause that's not even closely remote to what I said. I said Philly has a better front 7 and has no one on their D as good as Cox or Barwin. I also said that doesn't include when Lee is playing. I said they probably don't have anyone as good as Kendricks. But Dallas would probably have 3 or 4 better players in the 4 starting secondary positions. You stooping to BlueJerseys level now PDay. Nothing but an agenda you have. What a complete lie.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Manster youre a clown. DO you have ANY one on your D better then Michael Kendricks? NO. DO you have anyone on your D better then FLetcher Cox? NO. Do you have anyone on your D better then Conner Barwin. NO. "

No troll what-so-ever and not really a lie at all. Drama?....you BET!

"PE1 said hardly a Dallas defensive player would start for philly from last year"

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be Shaq Thompson at #20 for the Eagles, Kelly seen him, has options to play him at multiple spots on the defense, a need....

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Manster youre a clown. DO you have ANY one on your D better then Michael Kendricks? NO. DO you have anyone on your D better then FLetcher Cox? NO. Do you have anyone on your D better then Conner Barwin. NO. "

No troll what-so-ever and not really a lie at all. Drama?....you BET!

"PE1 said hardly a Dallas defensive player would start for philly from last year"

I didnt say "hardly a Cowboy that would start for the Eagles". There isnt anyone better on Dallas D then Cox, Barwin and probably Kendricks when Sean Lee isnt playing. Everyone would agree with that. But I never said, "Hardly anyone on Dallas would start for Philly". What a spin master with an agenda. Cant stand liars. I admitted Philly has the worst secondary in the NFL but you should be honest and not lie. And tell me one player on Dallas D better then All Pros Cox or Barwin. What a liar you've turned out to be.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be Shaq Thompson at #20 for the Eagles, Kelly seen him, has options to play him at multiple spots on the defense, a need....
Kelly tried to recruit him to Oregon, and at one time it looked like he would be a Duck when Aric Armstead signed with Oregon. This would be a pick that Kelly would probably like a lot!!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly tried to recruit him to Oregon, and at one time it looked like he would be a Duck when Aric Armstead signed with Oregon. This would be a pick that Kelly would probably like a lot!!

I would be totally liking it.. talk about a homer win win pick..
Plus the kid would be an instant impact on a shaky defense...

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chip would trade the farm for Mariota. But I don't see this guy dropping below the top two picks. The NFL is starved for QBs and this guy is a boy scout. He's not a sure think like Andrew Luck, but he is a risk worth taking for most teams in need of a QB, which is like half the NFL.
I'm convinced this is just much ado about nothing. Foles is pretty good even though he had a worse and injury ridden season his sophomore year. Most of the good QBs take a step back their 2nd year so I don't see why you'd throw him out on the street that soon.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fine PE1...pound that keyboard. We're done here

Im not pounding anything. I'm just pointing out you are not telling the truth on what I said and that is COPMLETELY unfair. I said both have poor D's but I think Philly is SLIGHTLY better because they have a fairly good front 7 but are fatally flawed with the NFL's worst secondary. Then the few biased Cowboy posters said Dallas D is waaaay better then Phillys. I then said tell me who is better then Cox or Barwin and possibly Kendricks when Lee isn't playing. I also said Lee is the best D player in the entire NFC East when healthy. How you can spin that into me saying there isn't anyone on the Cowboys D that could start for Philly is complete crap.

No pounding, I just cant stand it when people lie to push their agenda.

I know you wont man up and tell us who is better then Cox or Barwin on the Dallas D. That's all I ever said but you wont ANSWER the question now that you've been challenged to simply be honest.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kelly thinks he can play safety Shaq Thompson could well be the pick.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Danny Shelton is the other UofW pick (DT) he will be long gone before the #20 pick...

Shaq, has speed, can cover, and hit like a frickn mack truck, slim him down and this might be a strong solution to the backed end of that secondary.....

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
week to week season
&
year to year league

nothing to be assumed with regards to any of the eagles you mention. This board is all about opinions and you stated many about the philly d with such superior players on much more than one occasion. It's not stamped in stone after last season and all you've really done here is brought drama. The word "agenda" you choose is most interesting. I can only laugh at your plan of attack. Now I'm not a man and won't answer the question? :L

Fine...It's one homer to another where one season means a chapter and not the norm....least to this fan.
I'll say a healthy Sean Lee, a resigned and second year with the Dallas D coaches in RO McClain. I really liked our rookie 4th round LB last season. He showed a lot of abilty to make plays.....Pass rush? Gee I don't know, Dallas sucked last year BUT Crawford came on as a DT and D. Lawrence could be at the very least as good as the 3 you parade around the Dallas board. Maybe we should watch some more and not assume.

Trust me. I try not to get caught up in your endless drama with multiple cowboy fans over the years. Please don't call me out with your baseless claims about manhood and lie's. It's a message board and I'll do a better job next time not bringing your name into my post. My bad I'm sure.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Shaq could play safety; that is what he initially played in college. The kid can flat play.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Shaq could play safety; that is what he initially played in college. The kid can flat play.

There is quite a bit of talk of him being more of a safety than linebacker and being more the Chancellor type safety that plays up in the box. Seems like a good fit for him. Have to see his coverage skills though as Chancellor is actually very underrated in coverage in my opinion.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha, whatever PDay. YOu are so freaking ridiculous. Your answer is, "Its a year to year league". So I guess I can say Chris Polk might be better then Demarco Murray cause you know, its a year to year league.

Then I challenge you to come up with a player on the Dallas D better then 2nd team All Pros Fletcher Cox or Conner Barwin and your answer is Rolando McClain. Hahahaha. What a piece of work. Do you mean Rolando McClain thats just been busted for testing positive for drugs and is getting suspended next year.

Yeah Rolando McClain is as good as Fletcher Cow. What a freaking joke you are.