• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariota to Philly?

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would Chip Kelly Give up to draft Marcus Mariota? Will Mariota even get past the Bucs? Not if Lovie Smith listens to Tony Dungy.

http://oregon.247sports.com/Bolt/Video-What-Should-Chip-Give-up-for-Mariota-35716515

Here is what the Eagles would have to give up to move up into the top part of the draft. Is it worth it?

http://twitter.com/EliotShorrParks/status/568078877349830656/photo/1
I may be the only Eagles fan on this forum who doesn't want MM. It's one thing to move up a few spots, but from #20 up to top 3-4? I'll make sure I'm doing the bong hits come draft day. The Eagles need these picks and FA to fill much needed areas( I.e. Secondary). It's no knock on MM, he's work ethic and character would be wonderful to have. The Eagles are not the Skins, no need to be foolish. Foles will be fine IMO.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be the only Eagles fan on this forum who doesn't want MM. It's one thing to move up a few spots, but from #20 up to top 3-4? I'll make sure I'm doing the bong hits come draft day. The Eagles need these picks and FA to fill much needed areas( I.e. Secondary). It's no knock on MM, he's work ethic and character would be wonderful to have. The Eagles are not the Skins, no need to be foolish. Foles will be fine IMO.
I totally understand that.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be hilarious if this was the biggest smokescreen ever.
The Eagles are not the Skins, no need to be foolish. Foles will be fine IMO.
I'm still hoping for the Eagles to trade Foles to the Rams for a pick swap in the first round. That would put the Eagles at 10 and then make trading up to 2 or 3 a somewhat realistic proposition.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be the only Eagles fan on this forum who doesn't want MM. It's one thing to move up a few spots, but from #20 up to top 3-4?

Yeah Marriota would have to last until the 7th or 8th spot in the draft at least for it to become anywhere close to reasonable for the Eagles to trade up. And even then it might be a stretch...

Or you get a team that is so desperate to trade down and accumulate draft picks that they are willing to take pennies on the dollar to move down. IIRC there was a draft a couple years ago where the Brown I think it was traded down and took less than half as much in return that you would have expected from such a move.

You look at a team that is completely devoid of talent like the Raiders and they might be willing to trade down for a lot of crappy picks instead of holding out for proper value in an attempt to get as much young talent as possible, even if it isn't elite, onto their roster.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your not and all this talk about the possible moving up is BS...
Kelly isn't an idiot, he knows damn well his defense needs talent, and his OL needs better, younger, faster players.....

The hype will continue and Dallas fans will pray for the Eagles to mortgage the farm, but it will not happen..

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your not and all this talk about the possible moving up is BS...
Kelly isn't an idiot, he knows damn well his defense needs talent, and his OL needs better, younger, faster players.....

The hype will continue and Dallas fans will pray for the Eagles to mortgage the farm, but it will not happen..

That's funny. This Dallas fan thinks very little about philly, but a stupid move by any division foe is alright by me. I knew it was all hype in September. I actually think after next season, Chip may take a college pay day, but that's just my opinion. :suds:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depending on just how much Philly would have to give up to get him, I think you might want to exercise caution in just what you wish for.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on just how much Philly would have to give up to get him, I think you might want to exercise caution in just what you wish for.
Thank you Sir but it is a message board where hot opinions have been known to be stated.
Make the move Philly....I'm sure he's the missing link in becoming Oregon.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure the Eagles would have to mortgage the farm to trade with a partner around 7-8... In fact, I could see Mariotta falling farther in the draft.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Sir but it is a message board where hot opinions have been known to be stated.
Make the move Philly....I'm sure he's the missing link in becoming Oregon.

Exactly! Hence my previous post!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure the Eagles would have to mortgage the farm to trade with a partner around 7-8... In fact, I could see Mariotta falling farther in the draft.
I agree....he could fall and I'd still be good with philly taking him with whatever their first pick was.
QB play ain't the problem in philly

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Chip Kelly doing this because I am sure he is dying to coach this guy in the pros since he knows he very well.

However, he would have a huge advantage knowing that if MM went to another team so he wouldn't be that effective said day/night

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You look at a team that is completely devoid of talent like the Raiders and they might be willing to trade down for a lot of crappy picks instead of holding out for proper value in an attempt to get as much young talent as possible, even if it isn't elite, onto their roster.

Being a Raider fan, I would be pissed if they traded for less that a 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd. That would still be less than the value of a 1st, a 2nd, a 3rd and two 4th's

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree....he could fall and I'd still be good with philly taking him with whatever their first pick was.
QB play ain't the problem in philly

No it's the corners, the pussy safety, ( Nate Allen) and the lack of athletic OLB.....