• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariota Hasn't Thrown A Pick In Camp So Far

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's the very real danger that even if Mariota was NFL worthy getting his shot on a team with lots of suspect pieces around him and something less than an established staff/system that his career could still end up in the drink over faults not his own.
Honestly, I think that's the only way he doesn't have a good career. I feel the kid has all the tools needed to be a good to great NFL QB, but if he can't get the protection he needs to learn it's over.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think that's the only way he doesn't have a good career. I feel the kid has all the tools needed to be a good to great NFL QB, but if he can't get the protection he needs to learn it's over.
It seems the days of putting your first round QB behind someone to learn are over. You sink or swim in this league now. Sure, you get 3-4 years to prove it, but if the pieces aren't there to support you over that span it could be over before it ever started.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's the very real danger that even if Mariota was NFL worthy getting his shot on a team with lots of suspect pieces around him and something less than an established staff/system that his career could still end up in the drink over faults not his own.
As in RGIII?????

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As in RGIII?????
RGIII has had his chances to at least show he isn't made of glass. He's in the same category as Jake Locker was. Probably a better QB than the players around them allowed them to show, but injuries killed them.

If RG doesn't stay 100% healthy this year his career as a starter might be over. Not saying it's impossible another bad team doesn't pick him up and give him a shot, but no playoff worthy team would.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems the days of putting your first round QB behind someone to learn are over. You sink or swim in this league now. Sure, you get 3-4 years to prove it, but if the pieces aren't there to support you over that span it could be over before it ever started.

Not all of them get 3-4 years to prove it.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went without an interception for the fourth straight practice...

It's the Nashville effect. Guys who've always burnt and broken the burgers on the grill move to Nashville and grill perfect medium well burgers every time.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A medium well burger is far from perfect. So very far.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy gets it. Not throwing picks in practice is stupid. That's when you are supposed to be trying to improve and push the limits of what you are capable of.
And is there ANYTHING to prove he isn't pushing the limits of what he can do? Plus I would venture that Green Bay's defense is a cut above the Titans. We have to remember this is a rookie trying to learn a brand new system. Preventing turn overs is kind of his thing and from what I've seen he's placing passes in some pretty good locations. I don't feel like it's a bad thing for a rookie to get an early start to ball protection. The way some people on here are trying compare this kid to, arguably, the best QB in the league before he's even played his first PRESEASON game is laughable.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect in camp, interception and strip fumble for TD in first two preseason possessions.

That's about right.

:lol:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy gets it. Not throwing picks in practice is stupid. That's when you are supposed to be trying to improve and push the limits of what you are capable of.

Don't think we know anything about MM yet, but I got to disagree with your idea that MM should be pushing the limits. It's one thing for a established elite WB like Rogers to do that, quite another for a rookie QB to do the same. a rookie needs to show he can be trusted not to turn over the ball.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The meaningless scale:

camp<<<<<preseason<<<<<regular season<<<<<playoffs<<<<<superbowl

This was an odd thing to boast about.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The meaningless scale:

camp<<<<<preseason<<<<<regular season<<<<<playoffs<<<<<superbowl

This was an odd thing to boast about.
And quite predictably came back to bite the OP and those blowing this thing up right in the ass.