• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners vs Blue Jays May 8-10

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm unsure how I feel about Harvey. Haven't done enough research as to why he has declined substantially. With how the starting pitching has been for us, anything looks like an upgrade at this point. Unsure if it's a drop in velocity, or what that is causing Harvey's issues. He used to be a hell of a pitcher, but that doesn't mean he will ever return to form.

From what I've read on him it is his attitude and injuries. When he became a dominant pitcher it went to his head and he didn't need to work hard anymore. Then he has had a few injuries but has come back and it essentially Felix Hernandez but still doesn't want to work at being a pitcher. When your fastball becomes BP you have to change.

But that's just what I've read or heard about it so could all be false but the Mets willing to pay him not be on their team doesn't seem like he is a guy worth kicking the tires on when the Mariners have Miranda and Elias.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same... I'd rather give Elias the nod... Especially if we have to trade for Harvey... Our farm system is already weak... Why trade for a bad SP w/ a 7.00era?
I'm assuming a trade wouldn't involve anything substantial. Regardless these are the options you have when you don't address your issues in the offseason.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've read on him it is his attitude and injuries. When he became a dominant pitcher it went to his head and he didn't need to work hard anymore. Then he has had a few injuries but has come back and it essentially Felix Hernandez but still doesn't want to work at being a pitcher. When your fastball becomes BP you have to change.

But that's just what I've read or heard about it so could all be false but the Mets willing to pay him not be on their team doesn't seem like he is a guy worth kicking the tires on when the Mariners have Miranda and Elias.

Good post.

I wouldn't pay jack shit for Harvey, but I suppose he has "upside". Although you can say the same thing about any former dominant pitcher who lost their way. Off the top of my head, I can't recall a pitcher who had a terrible stretch like Harvey has had that was able to return to their previous form. Hell, Gallardo was once a good pitcher and we signed him based on those credentials, but he was never able to pitch like he did when he was good.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvey went to the Reds so no worries.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question to ya'll:

Any of you write right handed and were able to throw a ball left handed? I was able to hit left handed when I played, but I probably would never be able to throw a strike left handed.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question to ya'll:

Any of you write right handed and were able to throw a ball left handed? I was able to hit left handed when I played, but I probably would never be able to throw a strike left handed.

I don't know anyone who wrote rightie but could do anything else lefty. It is usually people who use their left hand for motorskills can do stuff rightie isn't it?

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it matters, but I write with right hand, kick with my left foot, shoot pool left handed and switch hit when batting. When I was a kid I wrote left handed until my 4th grade teacher made me write with my right hand.
Smoak looks like he dropped a few pounds and looks a bit more athletic.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know anyone who wrote rightie but could do anything else lefty. It is usually people who use their left hand for motorskills can do stuff rightie isn't it?

Not sure. I ask mostly because I could hit leftie, but was unable to throw leftie.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it matters, but I write with right hand, kick with my left foot, shoot pool left handed and switch hit when batting. When I was a kid I wrote left handed until my 4th grade teacher made me write with my right hand.
Smoak looks like he dropped a few pounds and looks a bit more athletic.

I never played soccer at a competitive level but I was able to hit left handed, I write right handed, but I couldn't hit the water falling out of a boat if I were to throw left handed.

Smoak looks roughly the same to me, but you may have a better eye than I.

Also, anyone know why Dave Sims hasn't been in the booth? Been a while since he's been in there. I'm not complaining since I probably hate him more than anyone else on here, but I hope he's doing alright. Recall hearing something about some surgery or something.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never played soccer at a competitive level but I was able to hit left handed, I write right handed, but I couldn't hit the water falling out of a boat if I were to throw left handed.

Smoak looks roughly the same to me, but you may have a better eye than I.

Also, anyone know why Dave Sims hasn't been in the booth? Been a while since he's been in there. I'm not complaining since I probably hate him more than anyone else on here, but I hope he's doing alright. Recall hearing something about some surgery or something.
Dave will be back when the M's get home.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question to ya'll:

I do now at 51...only because I have something torn in my right shoulder and I can't throw with it anymore to play catch with my grandson so I throw to him left-handed and am pretty good at it now. :)

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question to ya'll:

I'm right and can throw and hit left... My right throwing hand is more dominant but I can throw well left handed... I'm a much better hitter LH though than right...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M's offense is spot on tonight, as well as Paxson... Resulting in a 5-0 game in the 5th w/out relying on the long ball for their runs...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do now at 51...only because I have something torn in my right shoulder and I can't throw with it anymore to play catch with my grandson so I throw to him left-handed and am pretty good at it now. :)

That's impressive. I've never tried, but I couldn't throw leftie to save my life.