• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners Offseason 2024-25

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Acapolco..cliff..divers...right into..
The..
Dumpster....

Halaluiya....oh my goodness..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tarzan .swinging thew..the.trees...
To acapolco..then..swann.dive..
Over. Niagra....strait .
Into...the dumpster..

Aaaahhh ..

There he found.charlie..brown.

Shultz.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuz .weather .it's..prospects.or.
Rotation...
It maybe wrong...ya don't want trade .

Any..but...

If ya trade..
Celestine..or Ty..peete..at least .
Ya have time to replace .

And it still would not be good.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway you go..is a no win
Situation..

Your in a box..that owners..put..you in.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't seem to care so far about pocketing the profits and the casual fan keeps showing up to games at a 40K clip.

I could be way of base here, but I don't think it is shares people own. I think it is percentage of the team. And a team of course can only have 100% ownership no matter what percentages of ownership people can have. My understanding is that Nintendo owns 10% of the team and Stanton's crew of 17 own 90%. Stanton owns the majority share from my understanding meaning he owns between 74% (if other 16 owners in his Corp each own 1% each- doubt it) or he could own as little as 11% still making him majority owner (which I doubt is that low because the others could outvote him if they voted together against him. My guess is he owns 51% giving him final say. Nintendo owns 10% meaning the other 16 combine for 39% in different percentages. Griffey must own a percentage of the Corp and their 90% total. A new owner would not contribute anything unless they could buy out Stanton's majority stake.
The way I’ve heard it is that the Chris Larson guy has the most shares or however they call it. Stanton is the CEO/face of the Mariners group. But who knows. I know the whole breakdown has to equal 100% but somehow they got Griffey into the ownership group. They just had the I think Microsoft or one of the tech companies people who bought into the group. It just seems there is plenty of ability to buy in just not have the main voice cause we have no idea how the group is actually set up, like does each owner get a say and it’s a consensus or does one guy have more voting power kind of like how the Sonics ownership voted no on the sell but Schultz had more voting power.

Like I’ve said I could be completely wrong on this but it just seems like there has to be a way for ARod to buy in. I know I keep bringing him up but that is because he has made it abundantly clear he wants to buy into an ownership role. Which eventually will turn into a majority role and the ages of these old dudes lines up. They could sell the Mariners for billions and still make a crap load of money from the profit of all of the land they bought around the park.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Main...consurns..
2b...
1b./dh..
Raley.and Locklear...are help..
But a right handed is needed..

And / or a dh .only.or as.well.for#4..
Cleanup..

2b.is a problem..of.long standing..

Now .
Sense..Cano...and still.not..solved..

Garcia ..oof nat bat..would.
Be pufect..

But .we .verry rarely .see .perfect.
In this .world..
Pct .
It does not.happen..is big ..

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I’ve heard it is that the Chris Larson guy has the most shares or however they call it. Stanton is the CEO/face of the Mariners group. But who knows. I know the whole breakdown has to equal 100% but somehow they got Griffey into the ownership group. They just had the I think Microsoft or one of the tech companies people who bought into the group. It just seems there is plenty of ability to buy in just not have the main voice cause we have no idea how the group is actually set up, like does each owner get a say and it’s a consensus or does one guy have more voting power kind of like how the Sonics ownership voted no on the sell but Schultz had more voting power.

Like I’ve said I could be completely wrong on this but it just seems like there has to be a way for ARod to buy in. I know I keep bringing him up but that is because he has made it abundantly clear he wants to buy into an ownership role. Which eventually will turn into a majority role and the ages of these old dudes lines up. They could sell the Mariners for billions and still make a crap load of money from the profit of all of the land they bought around the park.
How I've heard it. Is .

Larson..
Stanton..

Then on down..but .
However .Stanton .is.the guy we deal with

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to say..I'm more happy.
With the group.
Than Nintendo..

And if they can get .past this.problem...
All..
Looks good..

This seems. A .huge..deal .of..the offensive.
Problem..(.with money the.biggest.of the problem. )
Ouch...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bliss..could.be.a..big.part..of.
A solution .
Of backup..
2b/3b....
While.i.see..Garcia of nat bats...
As almost..a perfect .
Solution..for 2b...and .#3..

Toglia..of Rockies..would be a cheaper
Solution...
At 1b .still..with.a.bit...of up side.
But he still...has his problems..

But with..raley.and.locklear..
I would take that chance...

Marcell..Ozuna .best.optoon..
At..dh..hits 300...
At Atlanta..

If any free agent..he would be my choice.

2 trades .and a free agent..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shopp.ing..in..
The.bargain basement...maybe..
Mariners..only..chance...

In a box..

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcell..ozuna.had his best.
Year ...in 2024....
The value .out on him..is 16.mil...
A deal..
For..
Seattle..
If they change..the ball.park....
For hitters..
Hernandez..saying..he could not.
Get..comphertable..at .the plate..

Something is wrong .there...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Someone has to sell in order for someone can buy. They aren't selling stock. Everybody can vote, but if one man (Stanton I assume) has 51% or more he wins every debate. He is the decision. Larson has been around forever, but as a minority owner unless that changed somewhere. Yes, a husband and wife from Microsoft bought in a few years back when a minority owner sold. I believe they were friends.

Edit:

By
Adam Jude
Seattle Times staff reporter
May 1st, 2024

Microsoft vice chair and president Brad Smith and his wife, Kathy Surace-Smith, have purchased a stake in the Mariners ownership group, the first new partners to join the franchise since Ken Griffey Jr. in 2021.
They are just the third new partners since the ownership formed in 1992.
“On behalf of all of the partners, I want to welcome Kathy and Brad,” John Stanton, Mariners chair and managing partner, said in a news release. “Since this group formed in 1992, it has always been a priority to identify partners who both love baseball and are passionate about public service. Adding Kathy and Brad to our partnership strengthens our commitment to the Mariners Mission of winning championships, creating unforgettable experiences and serving our communities.
Brad Smith has spent more than 30 years at Microsoft and was promoted to vice chair and president in 2015.
Kathy Surace-Smith is senior VP of Human Resources and Legal Affairs at NanoString Technologies, Inc. She was previously VP & General Counsel at SonoSite Inc. and Metawave Communications.
“We’re excited to join the Partnership Group and support the Mariners success, both on the field and in service to the community,” the couple said in a statement.

Also this:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did find this which goes towards part of what you are saying.

"Stanton said in April the ownership group includes 17 investors and there will be no majority owner among the group."

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mariners sale: How John Stanton’s Seattle group struck a deal …

The largest of the minority shareholders had been Chris Larson, a former Microsoft executive, who according to 2011 court documents owned 30.63 percent of the team. Stanton was …

-------------------------------------------------------

I can't read their articles because I won't pay to, but did see this clip. Also, a tun of articles on how his divorced crippled him a bit financially. I read at the time of divorce they had a $225M debt.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone has to sell in order for someone can buy. They aren't selling stock. Everybody can vote, but if one man (Stanton I assume) has 51% or more he wins every debate. He is the decision. Larson has been around forever, but as a minority owner unless that changed somewhere. Yes, a husband and wife from Microsoft bought in a few years back when a minority owner sold. I believe they were friends.

Edit:

By
Adam Jude
Seattle Times staff reporter
May 1st, 2024

Microsoft vice chair and president Brad Smith and his wife, Kathy Surace-Smith, have purchased a stake in the Mariners ownership group, the first new partners to join the franchise since Ken Griffey Jr. in 2021.
They are just the third new partners since the ownership formed in 1992.
“On behalf of all of the partners, I want to welcome Kathy and Brad,” John Stanton, Mariners chair and managing partner, said in a news release. “Since this group formed in 1992, it has always been a priority to identify partners who both love baseball and are passionate about public service. Adding Kathy and Brad to our partnership strengthens our commitment to the Mariners Mission of winning championships, creating unforgettable experiences and serving our communities.
Brad Smith has spent more than 30 years at Microsoft and was promoted to vice chair and president in 2015.
Kathy Surace-Smith is senior VP of Human Resources and Legal Affairs at NanoString Technologies, Inc. She was previously VP & General Counsel at SonoSite Inc. and Metawave Communications.
“We’re excited to join the Partnership Group and support the Mariners success, both on the field and in service to the community,” the couple said in a statement.

Also this:

I’m really not sure how all of this works cause it private companies can just create stock which I’m not sure how all that works. I know after my job after working a certain amount of time you are given or stock options or whatever it is called. To me it just seems no one would have to sell, it’s just giving one more person a part of the profit, but in a way it cross cancels. Like I’ve said I have no true real idea on how all of it works. I just heard a solid argument for ARod buying into a group months back and the way the argument was portrayed was is they just have to buy into, not someone has to sell.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mariners sale: How John Stanton’s Seattle group struck a deal …

The largest of the minority shareholders had been Chris Larson, a former Microsoft executive, who according to 2011 court documents owned 30.63 percent of the team. Stanton was …

-------------------------------------------------------

I can't read their articles because I won't pay to, but did see this clip. Also, a tun of articles on how his divorced crippled him a bit financially. I read at the time of divorce they had a $225M debt.
I truly don’t know anything about the guy. But after they didn’t spend any money in the 22 offseason every time someone was criticizing Stanton it started becoming Stanton and Larson and Divish had said he believes Larson has the biggest part of the group but can’t confirm it cause the Mariners don’t release their financial records. Which Stanton admitted when Forbes came out and said they profited whatever amount it was

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m really not sure how all of this works cause it private companies can just create stock which I’m not sure how all that works. I know after my job after working a certain amount of time you are given or stock options or whatever it is called. To me it just seems no one would have to sell, it’s just giving one more person a part of the profit, but in a way it cross cancels. Like I’ve said I have no true real idea on how all of it works. I just heard a solid argument for ARod buying into a group months back and the way the argument was portrayed was is they just have to buy into, not someone has to sell.
I don't think it is a publicly traded company so they don't sell stock. Only way to buy is is for someone to sell and as you may have seen the new Microsoft owner's were only the second new owners other that Griffey since 1992.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly don’t know anything about the guy. But after they didn’t spend any money in the 22 offseason every time someone was criticizing Stanton it started becoming Stanton and Larson and Divish had said he believes Larson has the biggest part of the group but can’t confirm it cause the Mariners don’t release their financial records. Which Stanton admitted when Forbes came out and said they profited whatever amount it was
It all depends on what article you believe. Stanton said there is no majority owner, which could just mean nobody has 51%+ shares. Another article says Larson had 30% back in 2011, but not sure if he sold any in the divorce. Also doesn't say if Stanton bought more of the shares from NIntendo to equal or surpass Larson.

Only thing that I gathered from all the articles is there are 18 owners all together and no stock options being sold, and Stanton was voted head of the owners.

It still all spelled out the same thing, we have a bunch of semi rich owners who can't/won't pony up more payroll money, I truly think this is just like when Smulyan owned the team and had no money for payroll. We still need a Gates or Bezos type owner to have any hope.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on what article you believe. Stanton said there is no majority owner, which could just mean nobody has 51%+ shares. Another article says Larson had 30% back in 2011, but not sure if he sold any in the divorce. Also doesn't say if Stanton bought more of the shares from NIntendo to equal or surpass Larson.

Only thing that I gathered from all the articles is there are 18 owners all together and no stock options being sold, and Stanton was voted head of the owners.

It still all spelled out the same thing, we have a bunch of semi rich owners who can't/won't pony up more payroll money, I truly think this is just like when Smulyan owned the team and had no money for payroll. We still need a Gates or Bezos type owner to have any hope.
In the short .term...it's true...

Jedi may..not make ends .
.meet...
He has .basically..a couple .AA.pitchers.
He could trade..or..some of the..
Prospects .
Like...
Cole young..
Arroyo..
Colt Emerson .
Lazaro montes..
Witch are the exact...ones mariners.
..need.going forward..

None of witch..I would like to.trade .or .
The rotation pitchers .
Witch.leaves..verry..little..

If you trade a Hancock and Logan..
Evans..
You may get .a .toglia .1b.rockies.

Then still.need..a..garcia..and.marcell.
Ozuna..