• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marc Gasol will be a free agent

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,643.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will he stay or leave?

Knicks? Lakers? Spurs? Hmmmmm....

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SPURS are going to make runs at both Aldridge and Gasol.

I cannot remember the last time SA was the team with all the cap space and ready to be a player.

Warm Weather, Established culture of excellent management, good coaching, international flavor, no state income tax, chance to win right away.....

So, of course it means the SPURS will land exactly NOBODY. as all the free agents sign elsewhere.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard any dissatisfaction, but If he is interested in running a title, then he is gone.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love me some Marc Gasol. Would LOVE to see the Lakers get him. I think he stays in Memphis though. They seem to have almost all of the pieces to win a title. The question is whether or not they will add what they need and do it without losing too much of what they do well.

They have strong post presence, they rebound the ball, they play very good interior and perimeter defense and while they aren't going to remind anyone of the Showtime Lakers, like the 80's Celtics, they can run a fast break when they get a chance. The difference in the series was GSW's ability to just pack the paint and make things tougher for Gasol and Z-Bo. They knew Memphis wasn't beating them from the perimeter.

They just need a solid 3 point threat or 2 to help space the floor and open the middle for Gasol and Z-Bo.

Last edited:

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter Williams, middelton, Giannis, Parker, Gasol. That team could win 50 games
couldn't agree more, would be a great defensive team that could play half court offense or run with their athletic ability. Stranger things have happened. I still remember when the Packers got Reggie White in free agency, no one saw that coming.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couldn't agree more, would be a great defensive team that could play half court offense or run with their athletic ability. Stranger things have happened. I still remember when the Packers got Reggie White in free agency, no one saw that coming.

Need to resign middelton first. He's one of the better role players in the league right now IMO.
I also think they would win 50-54 with Gasol, healthy Parker and another big step from Giannis

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis has had pretty good teams with Gasol, so I have a hard time picturing him bolting.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love me some Marc Gasol. Would LOVE to see the Lakers get him. I think he stays in Memphis though. They seem to have almost all of the pieces to win a title. The question is whether or not they will add what they need and do it without losing too much of what they do well.

They have strong post presence, they rebound the ball, they play very good interior and perimeter defense and while they aren't going to remind anyone of the Showtime Lakers, like the 80's Celtics, they can run a fast break when they get a chance. The difference in the series was GSW's ability to just pack the paint and make things tougher for Gasol and Z-Bo. They knew Memphis wasn't beating them from the perimeter.

They just need to solid 3 point threat or 2 to help space the floor and open the middle for Gasol and Z-Bo.
Maybe the Lakers could sign Rondo instead.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I hear that name, I get this sick feeling in my stomach similar to the one when my mother passed away Thursday and the first thoughts that come to my mind is Cancer, Prick, Injury Prone, aging player that will be over-priced. Did I miss anything?

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Lakers could sign Rondo instead.
It would soooo be something they'd do, signing a player after his best flashes (cough cough Jeremy Lin), and pairing him with a Kobe Bryant who will just hog the ball the whole time.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consensus seems to be he's staying in Memphis. Like nearly every guy that reports on this type of stuff thinks so and its sort of rare that a guy bolts when damn near every indication is he's staying put. I'd say its like 80% chance Memphis, 15% chance San Antonio, 5% any other team

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consensus seems to be he's staying in Memphis. Like nearly every guy that reports on this type of stuff thinks so and its sort of rare that a guy bolts when damn near every indication is he's staying put. I'd say its like 80% chance Memphis, 15% chance San Antonio, 5% any other team

I hate to say it because I would love him to be a Laker, but he would be a perfect fit with the Spurs.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would soooo be something they'd do, signing a player after his best flashes (cough cough Jeremy Lin), and pairing him with a Kobe Bryant who will just hog the ball the whole time.

LOL, every time I see that name, Jeremy Lin. We were trolled on the ESPN boards by Knick fans and even a couple of our own posters. We were told GSW gave up an all star and potential future hall of fame Point Guard.