• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manziel to Cowboys makes sense.

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you imagine if all this went down with Manziel in a Cowboy uniform? :gaah:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the rumor is that Jerry had written Manziels name to submit to Goodell on draft day and his son took the card away.

haha wow his son has that power?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Jerry yes he did. He is often more interested in headline than football it seems.

yeah that's what I get out of him as well.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you imagine if all this went down with Manziel in a Cowboy uniform? :gaah:

exactly. The first game that the backup didn't win would be calls for JFF. There would be no point really in having a 2nd string QB

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha wow his son has that power?

thankfully someone does! Stephen is the one that will take over the team, and he seems to be more willing to listen to people paid to find the best player.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ManzielIceCream_zps5673c589.gif

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would likely be a spectacular failure but the major advantage Dallas has over Cleveland is money. As we've seen with Dez, Dallas can pay for a team of babysitters to keep this guy in check. Cleveland does not have that luxury.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. We have gone out of our way (sans a few hiccups) of putting team first. No interest in Manziel on this team. If he were good enough to start, sure, but why take on the downside with such a small upside???

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attempts for hits by CBS, no shame

Report: Don't rule out Johnny Manziel to the Cowboys

By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com

December 9, 2015 12:56 pm ET

Get comfortable because this is going to be a storyline for the foreseeable future: Johnny Manziel, future Cowboys quarterback. We wrote about it last week, after Manziel lost his starting job in Cleveland (only to regain it on Tuesday), and now Clarence Hill and Charean Williams, who both cover the team for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, are talking about the likelihood of a Johnny Football-Jerry Jones marriage.

Hill: "Jerry Jones still believes Tony Romo can play five more years. There are people that believe Johnny Football, Johnny Manziel, is going to come in in the offseason and be a great fit for the Cowboys. No reason to believe, but people believe because it's the Cowboys and anything is possible."

Williams: "Yeah it is, and you mention Manziel. Is he going to be the quarterback next year? We don't know that. But I definitely wouldn't rule it out based on what I've heard internally, in this organization, the way Jerry [Jones] has brought him up -- and he wasn't even asked about him. He just brought him up on his own. So I would not put that past him. Jerry has always had a love affair with Johnny Manziel.

"Do they trade a pick for him in the offseason? I'm not saying no to that. I don't think he's a great fit for this offense. I don't think he's a great fit in Dallas -- too close to his home, too close to all his friends. I don't think that's a good thing for him, I don't think it's a good thing for the Cowboys ... but I'm not ruling it out."

Hill: "Not a great fit. Jerry being delusional. Hey, it's another day with the Cowboys."

To recap: the consensus seems to be that Dallas is a poor fit for Manziel but most folks wouldn't put it past owner Jerry Jones because "it's the Cowboys and anything is possible."

Jones has never hidden the fact that he likes Manziel. The owner admitted he was "that close" to drafting the former Heisman Trophy winner with the No. 16 pick in 2014 (wisely, the Cowboys took offensive lineman Zack Martin). And now that 35-year-old Tony Romo's season appears to be over due to his second collarbone injury. With no real long-term options behind Romo on the depth chart, the speculation again turns to Manziel.

During the '14 draft, Jones' son, Stephen, had a lot to do with convincing his father that Martin -- not Manziel -- was the wise choice. If the opportunity to acquire Manziel presents itself again would Jerry Jones be able to help himself? Don't forget, this is the same man who, two months after the draft, was still talking about what almost was.

"I want you to know that almost as I was handing in the card, it was that close to putting that Manziel card in. It was that close," Jones said in July 2014. "I looked over to my son, Stephen, our chief executive officer, and I said, 'I took the right pick.' ... He was the top player by three players on our board at the time that we were sitting there looking at him."

sad-face-jff-dallas.jpg
Get used to the Manziel-to-Dallas talk because it's going to be a thing all offseason. (Star-Telegram.com)

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can bank on the media keeping this pot stirred as long as they can. All the way into next season. Get used to it is right.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would be a terrible fit. There's nothing he has done in Cleveland on or off the field that would get me more excited about him than anyone we could get for a 3rd rounder in this year's draft

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Football.......now there's a contradiction in terms..