• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Mantra"

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC East 2018 predictions: Nothing guaranteed for Eagles in a retooling division

Well - let's hope that it is at least better than this prediction - 2-14 for the Redskins.

I really don't know how the Redskins will fare this season, but I am somewhat optimistic given the draft & some other moves. However - I laugh at these predictions & in this era I really don't think that the media knows more than a lot of fans (maybe less in some cases).

It is just plain stupid IMO when the media basically picks the same teams to repeat as division winners especially in the NFC. That is exactly what the Sporting News did in this case. When has this ever happened in the recent past? It is almost guaranteed that some team w/ a losing record last season will win their division. Just proves that these folks don't really know anything about the NFL & completely ignore the injury factor.

I also think that it is far from a given that the Eagles will repeat as division leader let alone NFC champ. There are lots of things that will work against them - potential injuries, possibility of a QB issue, every team making an Eagles game their SB, etc, etc. Should make for an interesting season.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC East 2018 predictions: Nothing guaranteed for Eagles in a retooling division

Well - let's hope that it is at least better than this prediction - 2-14 for the Redskins.

I really don't know how the Redskins will fare this season, but I am somewhat optimistic given the draft & some other moves. However - I laugh at these predictions & in this era I really don't think that the media knows more than a lot of fans (maybe less in some cases).

It is just plain stupid IMO when the media basically picks the same teams to repeat as division winners especially in the NFC. That is exactly what the Sporting News did in this case. When has this ever happened in the recent past? It is almost guaranteed that some team w/ a losing record last season will win their division. Just proves that these folks don't really know anything about the NFL & completely ignore the injury factor.

I also think that it is far from a given that the Eagles will repeat as division leader let alone NFC champ. There are lots of things that will work against them - potential injuries, possibility of a QB issue, every team making an Eagles game their SB, etc, etc. Should make for an interesting season.

thats bad.... though i think we took a step back at QB i think this is the best roster the skins have had in awhile all over the place minus probably WR.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if 2-14 is the call then that is foolish . i think we can win 10 games

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats bad.... though i think we took a step back at QB i think this is the best roster the skins have had in awhile all over the place minus probably WR.

Yep. QB? Who knows - TBD. As for WR - not so sure about overlooking that unit. Sure they don't have many big name games, but this unit may surprise. We will see about Doctson's health but thus far Richardson has looked very good according to reports, and Harris may contribute even more. Again - we won't really know until the regular season.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. QB? Who knows - TBD. As for WR - not so sure about overlooking that unit. Sure they don't have many big name games, but this unit may surprise. We will see about Doctson's health but thus far Richardson has looked very good according to reports, and Harris may contribute even more. Again - we won't really know until the regular season.
Yeah, they were also praising Pryor at this point in camp. Since outsiders only get in to practice once a week or so, we can’t really know what’s going on until preseason games start. Even then it’s tough as some guys only play a couple series all preseason.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look i would like to see guys do well in camp then not . it isnt the end all be all but chances are if you practice well you play well

and harris had the catch of the year last season so.........

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they were also praising Pryor at this point in camp. Since outsiders only get in to practice once a week or so, we can’t really know what’s going on until preseason games start. Even then it’s tough as some guys only play a couple series all preseason.

Yep & that is why I said "we won't know till the regular season". Hopefully Richardson is a keeper.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, based on the posts you have made over the last year, contrary to what you claim your mantra is, I would label you as an ABCer. Just calling it as I see it.

Really, how’s that? I’m on record supporting KC as our starting QB. I’m on record supporting whoever the Redskins starting QB might be. I’m also on record stating (before we acquired Alex) that Alex or a QB like Alex would run Jay’s offense just as good as KC.

How does that make me an ABC’er? I think that you are is a little further along in your AARP membership than I am, and you’ve been bamboozled by dad on his ABC’er obsession.

Just calling it like I see it as well.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, how’s that? I’m on record supporting KC as our starting QB. I’m on record supporting whoever the Redskins starting QB might be. I’m also on record stating (before we acquired Alex) that Alex or a QB like Alex would run Jay’s offense just as good as KC.

How does that make me an ABC’er? I think that you are is a little further along in your AARP membership than I am, and you’ve been bamboozled by dad on his ABC’er obsession.

Perhaps you should show joy -19 where you were on the record supporting KC . I am sure you can search engine a few

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, it appears to be you obsessed with Dads quest to expose the double standard. You comment on it in a multitude of posts with regularity. That alone could lead one to believe you are and ABCer. Me thinks he protests too much.....

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to all who kept us in their thoughts since I was last here. The wife had a second surgery and has sufficiently recovered that allows me to visit with you all albeit on a limited basis.

That said, What the hell is going on here? Did I miss a new memo calling for a new level of agitation amongst our members? Hopefully no one is taking the ABC'er v ASSes, Kirk Cousins v Alex Smith thing to heart. We're family and family will fight from time to time (see: "Off Topic" thread), but in the end we all pull in the same direction for our colors.

@dad and others keep posting and reminding of the contradictions as you see them. I'm sure that as Kirk falters there will be posts pointing those out as well. To me, this is all in good fun, we needle one another over this topic or the next one because it makes for better textversations here. Imagine how popular this site would be if we were constantly agreeing with one another.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to all who kept us in their thoughts since I was last here. The wife had a second surgery and has sufficiently recovered that allows me to visit with you all albeit on a limited basis.

That said, What the hell is going on here? Did I miss a new memo calling for a new level of agitation amongst our members? Hopefully no one is taking the ABC'er v ASSes, Kirk Cousins v Alex Smith thing to heart. We're family and family will fight from time to time (see: "Off Topic" thread), but in the end we all pull in the same direction for our colors.

@dad and others keep posting and reminding of the contradictions as you see them. I'm sure that as Kirk falters there will be posts pointing those out as well. To me, this is all in good fun, we needle one another over this topic or the next one because it makes for better textversations here. Imagine how popular this site would be if we were constantly agreeing with one another.

good to see you back sty

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is praying for a quick and speedy recovery for your wife. Take care my friend.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to hear your wife is recovering. Scary stuff as we all age. Thoughts with ya @Stymietee, welcome back and HTTR!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins looks to be a serviceable NFL quarterback. But in IMO, when the chips are down...there are only a handful of QB's which have the ability to put a team on their back to win a football game.

...and, RG3 appears to be one of them. I like Cousins a lot, and glad he is a Redskin...but RG3 is a game changer...plain and simple.

View attachment 45325
ford is doing the best he can to cover and save his complete nose-dive in this thread...you da man ford, you da man!

Hell dude, if Cousins was the QB behind your "best line the NFL Cowboys" you would have won 4 in a row! But, but, but...yeah, i know every obnoxious cowboy fan i know has a big BUT.

good luck this weekend.

since 2013 , these are the 2 positive quotes by Mitz concerning KC . there could be more i overlooked in the packer game thread or some lately here in a cover up mode however his negative comments dwarf his "support " by a huge number

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since 2013 , these are the 2 positive quotes by Mitz concerning KC . there could be more i overlooked in the packer game thread or some lately here in a cover up mode however his negative comments dwarf his "support " by a huge number

So back-handed compliments. KC is serviceable but AS is da bomb.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really dad? That’s cool…let’s bring it all out…I’ll make comments about this, and other things you have clearly distorted as a MOD on the smack talk thread going forward.

On the regular threads, I’ll continue to be respectful and always show my true colors as a die-hard redskins’ fan…if, that’s OK by YOUR forum rules as they stand today. It’s crystal clear, tomorrow you might change them.

I’m really looking forward to the 2018 season…and honestly, I haven’t felt this good about a Redskins team in a long time.

In case you didn’t know dad by all your research...my “mantra” has and always will be...

HTTR my brothers and sisters, it’s good to be a REDSKINS fan!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really dad? That’s cool…let’s bring it all out…I’ll make comments about this, and other things you have clearly distorted as a MOD on the smack talk thread going forward.

On the regular threads, I’ll continue to be respectful and always show my true colors as a die-hard redskins’ fan…if, that’s OK by YOUR forum rules as they stand today. It’s crystal clear, tomorrow you might change them.

I’m really looking forward to the 2018 season…and honestly, I haven’t felt this good about a Redskins team in a long time.

In case you didn’t know dad by all your research...my “mantra” has and always will be...

HTTR my brothers and sisters, it’s good to be a REDSKINS fan!

you said you were on the record , i told you to search engine it and show joy . i found 2 maybe you will find more . now you wrote the posts , i didnt , . now i certainly didnt take anything out of context or distort anything . you gave up 2 support ones

now you started this thread to call me out on my mantra , i didnt . now just like others you get bent when i search engine you and comes out with what you wrote , not me . you said it , not me , that you had supported KC . i didnt buy that and i checked you

why didnt i buy it ? because of how hard you debated against KC , much like the rest but trying to pass off as being fair when in fact you werent . you dont have to be fair for sure , you can be a fickle fan if you like if it didnt mean much then who falls on their sword over it ?

and believe me i havent been hard at all , i just pointed out the times when the benefit of the doubt wasnt given by the hardliners

dont worry sty has busted me out numerous times , so has shark and joy and sportster and ebb and dean and many others when i have

want to know why i have been crusading against name calling ? because i was name calling and in a previous post from many years ago sty brought it to my attention i was being a hypocrite

i dont have any forum rules except the ones listed but dont expect to come here and not have people chal;enge you on what you say

for the past year you have been on a anti KC crusade you have debated people who have disagreed with your point of view , both of which are great as far as debating but as with all debates facts will be checked

you have every right to be a blind homer , ( if you wish ) however not everyone is and that doesnt make their "fanhood" any less then yours

and you can wish i would "get over " anything you want however i am in control of what i "get over " or not

you werent here when the foolishness was going on (or you werent commenting on it ) but i and others were . there was no "getting over " a damn thing with them

i have supported campbell , brunell , rex DMAC , RG3 and KC till the bitter end . i have had running debates on them with every poster on this board and from ESPN

my core values are the same . elite qbs are hard to come by , build the team around them and some of these qbs could take you to a superbowl

dont trade picks for one guy is a corp principal i have hence i was against the RG3 trade . but ask shark joy and others how hard i backed him until it became clear he wasnt progressing as a passer look up our debates about unnamed sources and Rg3 drama and which side i took

dont trade for older players with draft picks i was against the dmac trade because of this . i value draft picks and picking up players in their mid 30's isnt a move i make , but Dmac got my support , until hge proved he couldnt do it on the field

we repeated this with smith , trading young guys and draft picks for a guy on his mid 30's . the difference her in my support goes back to the BS treatment some fans gave KC . no KC wont carry a team but niether will smith

i get told how much better a qb he is but when push comes to shove you and others back off expectations of a better qb , i think we can get to a superbowl with smith but it wont be because he carried us there . i think KC would have done the same thing but his biggest sin with some fans and the FO was he was BETTER then RG3 and RG3 was the anointed one

Rg3 failed because he couldnt run a pro offense . he was afraid to throw the ball , not because of his injury and KC's sin was he could

your biggest issue is you want to interject yourself into a debate in which you know almost no history of it , you come in here on your white horse wanting brotherhood when you have no idea of the hard feelings that have been going on for 3 years . the questioning of manhood and the BS crap that went along with it with fruitless debates on stupidity

you think its ok for people you agree with to fight hard for their POV but others should just cower on their POV . you are silent on their behavior because you agree with them but you cast aspersions on mine but yet want some kind of brotherhood

you want some kind of easiness from me ? go after the other side like you go after me then come talk to me about brotherhood

you started this thread because you didnt like me pointing out the double standards by some posters here i was nowhere near as harsh as they were but i told you and everyone else that i would in fact point these things out

now you can do with this response as you wish but how you proceed forward will tell me everything i need to know

perhaps you will understand . perhaps you will just not talk about it . perhaps you will be smart , let me get my satisfaction and then i will move on

you have the power mitz , you can put me on ignore , you can scroll through my posts on the subject , you can be the bigger man . you can like it or not like it , it doesnt matter but i am not backing down one bit until i am damn good and ready to and i have put out the conditions

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"my hole mantra this year is going to be about exposing the double standards so get used to it . i wont drop it or get past it." skinsdad62

Yep, I called you out on your posted “mantra”. And, your “mantra” defense post sounds a lot like TO’s HOF speech.