• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning's Trade Value?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning did enough in the playoffs for the offense to do their part. The team called plays that played to the team's strength and that was the defense. His numbers are similar to Elways from the first SB win. Elway was backed by a top shelf running game and stout defense while Manning had a top shelf defense and adequate running game behind him. The team won as a team, just like the 1997 Broncos. There's nothing wrong with that.

I truly believe he'll retire. I love what he did for the Broncos and love that he was a part of the win in SB50. The team effort has led to giving him an opportunity to retire on top. I hope he does.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't mean for it to come across that way one bit. Believe me I love what Manning did for the Broncos. Probably more so for the first 3 years than this last one. We all just saw a QB though that just can't get it done week to week anymore. He can have a good week every once in a while like the Green Bay game or even I'll give him the Patriots in the playoffs game. The problem is we also saw a lot of games like against the Panthers or Chiefs (2nd time) where he was a liability to the team. I'm glad he won the Super Bowl this year as he definitely deserved that 2nd ring but I think it is quite obvious that it is time for him to retire.
Yeah I 100% agree Manning should retire. Just sad to see all the negativity on the guy. Everyone in the real world knows he's done but at least give him his due kudos for you kick the 'Ll man to the curb. It's ok Peyton! I still love ya buddy ! Thank you ! ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I 100% agree Manning should retire. Just sad to see all the negativity on the guy. Everyone in the real world knows he's done but at least give him his due kudos for you kick the 'Ll man to the curb. It's ok Peyton! I still love ya buddy ! Thank you ! ;)

Well said. Thanks,

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
food for thought ... the first few games Manning looked alright .... plenty times those Int's were not on him....

Are we talking Manning really done??????? or are we talking a piss poor OC ??????????? this team on the O side was dismal with or with out Manning ???????

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Dennison but He is no OC.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dennison is a fine man . I am not knocking him . Brilliant...

Brilliant still does not cut it as a OC , If you look at the mans history .. Yes I want him on staff ... just not sure I Want him on the O side is all ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this his training has been on going for years ...but all the same he has yet to prove anything as a OC.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dennison is a fine man . I am not knocking him . Brilliant...

Brilliant still does not cut it as a OC , If you look at the mans history .. Yes I want him on staff ... just not sure I Want him on the O side is all ..

Well Kubiak does all the playcalling. Dennison is the guy that breaks down film and helps develop the game plan but Kubiak is the man on Sunday that runs the offense. I would also point that Kubiak in my opinion has shown everywhere he has gone that he can produce a top flight offense even with average players. When he went to Houston he had an UDFA RB in Foster and a QB in Schaub that not many wanted. He made both of them Pro Bowl talents and the Houston offense one of the best in the league for a few years there. Then when he went to Baltimore they had their most successful offense in the short 15 year history of that organization. Flacco enjoyed his best season and again took another no name RB and made him a star. The OL also graded out as one of the best in the league after the year before grading out as one of the worst.

So to me I would say the offensive problem this year was not so much coaching staff as just not having the right players for what Kubiak wants to do. Manning very quickly made it clear he did not like Kubiak's system. Heck even in the Super Bowl the Broncos had to take a Time Out because Manning still refused to listen to Kubiak and what he wanted to do. It is why we had that stupid Pistol offense for the first 9 games of the season that failed miserably. Kubiak was trying to compromise but it was just not working. So they either needed to scrap Kubiak's system or Manning needed to buy into what Kubiak was wanting to do. We saw in the playoffs Manning somewhat buy into it and look at the historic level our defense played at when the Offense wasn't turning the ball over.

If the Broncos truly want to move forward with what they truly want to do then Manning cannot be in the plans. It is best for both sides to part ways. Manning can go run his system somewhere and Kubiak can truly put in his system with more added players in year 2 geared towards what he wants them to buy into. This is the very reason that even if our defense takes a step back that I still have great confidence that we can still do well in I do expect our offense to look much better this year.