• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning's Trade Value?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First let me say I think he retires. But let's say he is interested in playing again and the Broncos are ready to move on from him (a scenario I question is as accurate as we all think it is) they still hold his rights for another year.

Enter the Los Angeles Rams, a team that has shamelessly stumped for Manning and sent a proxy out (Magic) to do some of their bidding as well so they could avoid a tampering investigation. They seem to really want Manning more to boost ticket sales in the early days of the Rams L.A. return.

Now Manning has that no trade clause in his contract, but he can waive that if he so desires. So if the Broncos play this right and execute a trade what could they expect in return? Or would they be forced to cut Manning and let teams like the Rams and Texans bid on him?

Personally I hope the man retires. I want his last NFL moments to be in Broncos gear hoisting a Lombardi Trophy. Hopefully this is all just conjecture and any day now he'll announce his retirement. But if he wants to play another year running his offense he is going to do so. And if that's what he wants, will the Broncos just cut him or will they be able to attempt a trade? And if so, what do you think they'll get?

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a oversized helmet?

Brent Farva straight up?

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think for a trade to happen Manning and Elway would need to be on that same page from the beginning. They have to make it appear that he is the starter here otherwise I think teams would be content to see how things play out. I think teams know our cap needs too so they know we are giving up Manning or Osweiler and may be content to wait for either.

I think we are at the disadvantage in a trade situation but played correctly I could see the rams tossing a mid-round pick our way for Manning.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ I was thinking a 4th and 6th for him. With that said, even in the very unlikely trade scenario the Broncos have to play it very carefully. They need the Rams or any other trade partner to believe the Broncos value Manning as a starter otherwise they just wait until the Broncos cut/release him.

I also wonder this: Have we rushed to conclusions about his time in Denver being up? I think it is, but what if the public is wrong? What if the Broncos are unwilling to give Oz a deal and want to set up Seimian to be the starter after 2016? What if they allow Manning to run more of his own plays in 2016 in an effort to repeat?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no you need two teams that want his services

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also wonder this: Have we rushed to conclusions about his time in Denver being up? I think it is, but what if the public is wrong? What if the Broncos are unwilling to give Oz a deal and want to set up Seimian to be the starter after 2016? What if they allow Manning to run more of his own plays in 2016 in an effort to repeat?

If that is the case I really hope Elway and the coaches know what they are doing. Cap-wise, that would help us next year (2017). I would feel bad for Oz and wish him the best wherever he goes. As far as letting Manning run his own system, what do you teach the rest of the team? And does Kubiak swallow his pride and let Manning run things for the next year? My issue with having two different systems is that it makes it harder to learn for the younger guys.

Interesting prospect. Not sure if I would want it or not.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ I agree with the problems with that idea, but honestly if it worked and brought the Broncos a 4th Super Bowl win I'd be willing to deal with the fallout and the younger guys having to learn a new system in 2017. Especially since the cap implications would be a little more favorable at that point. Seimian would be in his third year and 2017 would likely be chalked up to a transitional year. With their defense even then I could see them going 9-7 and sneaking into the playoffs. But that's a long ways out.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ I was thinking a 4th and 6th for him. With that said, even in the very unlikely trade scenario the Broncos have to play it very carefully. They need the Rams or any other trade partner to believe the Broncos value Manning as a starter otherwise they just wait until the Broncos cut/release him.

I don't think that's much of a possibility. Osweiler is a family friend to the Elways. It's one of the reasons we took as much interest in him as we did. Oz would have to make some unreasonable salary demands for this, and I don't see that happening either. Plus, the way Manning won the Super Bowl will add to the Broncos' belief that he is done. If Manning went in and passed for 250 yards and two TD's, it might be different. But posting a sub 60 QB rating after resting for two weeks should pretty much tell everyone that Manning is done.

Manning'a family has also come out saying Manning is done. That doesn't happen if there was any reason to doubt this in Archie's mind. At this point, I'd be extremely surprised if Manning didn't retire, and would be even more surprised to see Elway retain him.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a oversized helmet?

Brent Farva straight up?
If Favre came out of retirement he could play another 3 seasons. He still has a cannon arm.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine that there is a whole lot of trade value for a 39 year old QB that almost led the league in INTs while missing half the year. If we can get something, anything for him, that'd be great. But I'm not holding my breath.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MMMMMMMMMM Doritos

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I highly doubt we could get much more than say a 6th round if that. I mean at this point no way the Broncos keep him. His salary is so out of proportion to what he brings to the team. If he redid his deal then maybe I could see him having more trade value like that of the Rams trying to sell tickets but otherwise he is a huge cap hit for a player that just had the worst year of his career in my opinion and looks completely done.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I highly doubt we could get much more than say a 6th round if that. I mean at this point no way the Broncos keep him. His salary is so out of proportion to what he brings to the team. If he redid his deal then maybe I could see him having more trade value like that of the Rams trying to sell tickets but otherwise he is a huge cap hit for a player that just had the worst year of his career in my opinion and looks completely done.

A 6th jump on it ...hug it ....kiss it ...make wild love to it ... Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooo is all I say

Then draft a RB named Terrell Davis

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos won't be able to trade Manning.

They need to cut him before FA and trades are even allowed to happen or else his entire salary for 2016 becomes fully guaranteed.

Manning's agent knew the score last year when they were restructuring his deal. Either the Broncos want him back as their starter or else he gets to choose where he goes.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at this point If the rams want him I hope he takes them for $20 Mill ..

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Look at the hate on Manning. You would think he just earned your team 1st pick in the draft not a Lombardi trophy. Man....I sure hope our new qb has brass balls. You guys are heartless! :)

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Look at the hate on Manning. You would think he just earned your team 1st pick in the draft not a Lombardi trophy. Man....I sure hope our new qb has brass balls. You guys are heartless! :)

It isn't personal, just business.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't mean for it to come across that way one bit. Believe me I love what Manning did for the Broncos. Probably more so for the first 3 years than this last one. We all just saw a QB though that just can't get it done week to week anymore. He can have a good week every once in a while like the Green Bay game or even I'll give him the Patriots in the playoffs game. The problem is we also saw a lot of games like against the Panthers or Chiefs (2nd time) where he was a liability to the team. I'm glad he won the Super Bowl this year as he definitely deserved that 2nd ring but I think it is quite obvious that it is time for him to retire.