• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning or Osweiler?

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off I don`t think Manning will get to 100% and unless Oz gets hurt, Manning has thrown his last pass for Denver. Secondly, I don`t think Oz has been the problem. I don`t think whoever his qbing this team would fair much better. There`s three things I see as the major problems on this team. 1. The O-line needs fixing, 2. As many of us see and have posted, this team lacks motivation, heart and desire to finish games. It`s been a prob ever since their back to back SB wins. Those teams weren't perfect but by God they played their hearts out for 4 qtrs. Haven`t seen that since. A lot of that is on the coaches who for one don`t seem to be able to inspire these guys like the Belicks, Carroll's, Kc`s coach,etc., and the players themselves as a group or have the talent to make adjustments during games. The play calling is unbelievable especially after half time. Denver just does not seem to have those special guys that can rally, demand 100% effort, unite the locker room like the special SB winning teams do. It`s mind boggling. That effort in 2nd half yesterday ,to me, was indicative to how this franchise has played since `97 &`98. There`s are special ingredients teams have to have enable to sucssed at a high level in this league and Denver is missing some key ingredients. Forget any Manning/Oz talk. Their issues are more prevalent than who`s under center. Right now, expect that this season is not going to end as we all hoped for at the beginning and that they at least battle for all their worth going forward and we all can at least say this team gave it everything they had.

Dead on as well.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of you have valid points but this mentality that winning the Division is great or making the playoffs or making the Super Bowl but lose is ok just isn't the way I think. I expected this team to have double digit wins. I expected this team and the others under Elway to win divisions and make the Super Bowl but it's time for a Super Bowl victory or otherwise it's orange slices and pizza for everyone. It's not pee wee football and I honestly believe the talent on this team is as good as any ones (except ol line and a 3rd wr threat) and seeing another season go to waste when the defense is as good as it is and the weapons on offense except the o line (young in some spots)is as good as they are but not performing is unacceptable. How can you play great one half and absolutely suck the next? If it's coaching that's on Elway as well as the coaches. If it's the players that's on Elway as well as the players. Maybe things will turn around and by no means are the Broncos done (something positive for you Malibu haters)but if any of you are satisfied only with a Division titles or playoff appearances I just won't be and I hope the Broncos don't ever see it that way as well or else that's part of the problem. Like I said beat the Bengals and then hopefully everything looks better but it should be Super Bowl victory or bust when it comes to a franchise like the Denver Broncos or else the standards of this franchise have really changed and fans should feel the same way. I for one don't put much of the Broncos problems on Brock. Yes some key throws missed but lets remember the Broncos defense was scoring points and making huge plays to cover up Manning's huge mistakes and of late not so much and they are getting worn down by being on the field way to much. Peace.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off I don`t think Manning will get to 100% and unless Oz gets hurt, Manning has thrown his last pass for Denver. Secondly, I don`t think Oz has been the problem. I don`t think whoever his qbing this team would fair much better. There`s three things I see as the major problems on this team. 1. The O-line needs fixing, 2. As many of us see and have posted, this team lacks motivation, heart and desire to finish games. It`s been a prob ever since their back to back SB wins. Those teams weren't perfect but by God they played their hearts out for 4 qtrs. Haven`t seen that since. A lot of that is on the coaches who for one don`t seem to be able to inspire these guys like the Belicks, Carroll's, Kc`s coach,etc., and the players themselves as a group or have the talent to make adjustments during games. The play calling is unbelievable especially after half time. Denver just does not seem to have those special guys that can rally, demand 100% effort, unite the locker room like the special SB winning teams do. It`s mind boggling. That effort in 2nd half yesterday ,to me, was indicative to how this franchise has played since `97 &`98. There`s are special ingredients teams have to have enable to sucssed at a high level in this league and Denver is missing some key ingredients. Forget any Manning/Oz talk. Their issues are more prevalent than who`s under center. Right now, expect that this season is not going to end as we all hoped for at the beginning and that they at least battle for all their worth going forward and we all can at least say this team gave it everything they had.

Good post. A lot has been discussed regarding half-time adjustments in that game. The Broncos were up 27-10, so I can see how they might be thinking, just keep doing what we're doing. I think the difference is what Randymon is referencing. The Steelers went with more man coverage in the 2nd half but beyond that, what I saw was a serious attitude adjustment from the Steelers. They came out in the 2nd half with their hair on fire and a bonfire in their bellies. I don't know what Tomlin said but it worked. They were a completely different team in the 2nd half in their effort, desire, energy, physicality and toughness. I actually don't think the Broncos were as different in the 2nd half as we believe. They were just playing a DIFFERENT opponent.

Why can't the Broncos do that? The Superbowl winning squads of the late 90's would have come out after halftime with the mentality: "OK, we're up by 17. Let's crush this team quickly out of the gates and remind them that there's no coming back from the beating we're handing down today." I sure hope we approach next week's game against the Bengals that way.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,893.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as i like manning this oswiler guy is a beast, he is gonna be a beast in the future. i never heard of him before this year

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
staff can do what they like I have gave up on the season at this point .. hope Elway see's a reason to get a real OL Coach because we wasted a shit pot full money and a full season on this OL Coach and it was a total wasted season .

To bad Elway don't want to win this season .. there is always next year ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are in full rebuild mode now I don't see a AFCW tittle for years now ..

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now the Broncos have to stick with Oz. I mean he seems very in synch with the receivers, he can throw the ball short, middle, long, has nerves and can run from the pocket and appears to be a pretty smart QB who doesn't get flustered easily.

Peyton Manning is the sentimental favorite no doubt but you have to think about the future and "Ws" you can't continue to just throw Manning out there because of who "he is."

Oz has won and makes me think he will turn into Manning, Rodgers, Brady.... He has that potential imo

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first Super Bowl run had a season similar to this one - the Broncos went on a revenge tour - mostly on the road and beat the teams that beat them in the 2nd half of the season - the Steelers were one of those teams.

I wouldn't give up on them - it just for that fact.

I don't blame Kubiak for not making half time adjustments - I blame him for not being able to get adjustments into the game when the 2nd half was a sleigh ride of momentum for the Steelers. Now Oz is a liability in this kind of situation as he lacks experience, but even at that = the Broncos dropped a lot of passes -that would have changed the very outcome of this game - I sit here - still sick about.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are in full rebuild mode now I don't see a AFCW tittle for years now ..
I agree somewhat Crash but with some right moves ( Leadership), Oz development and some luck in draft,etc. this team can vie for a championship in near future. Their close. They need some pieces and I have faith they`ll figure it out. I have to. That`s what us fans do. It still has potential to snowball but I`am willing to bet we`ll get us a championship sooner than later. :)

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colquit sucks too. He's a friggin joke. We might as make every series 4 down territory with the way he's punting. Straight up cut him.