• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning or Osweiler?

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've got scattered responses all over in different threads, but I'm wanting to know what is each persons take here? Do you want to see Manning back if he's 100% or would you rather stick with Os? I'm looking to see everybody's opinion whose seen Os play over the last 5 games. If you haven't seen Osweiler play, and just think we should defer back to Manning because he's a "HOF QB" and you haven't seen him play this year......then don't bother. I'm looking for honest, knowledgeable opinions here.

I personally do not know what Manning can give us anymore if he is 100%, and quite frankly I don't know just exactly how much his injuries were hampering him when he was playing. I don't think any of us would argue that MOST of his interceptions were because of flat out poor decision making, and didn't have a whole lot (tad speculation there) with his physical health.

That said, I would like to see this team stick with Osweiler for the rest of the year regardless of what happens. We've already seen some growing pains from #17, but had we been able to get any semblance of order on offense yesterday in the 2nd half, I don't think Os starts forcing passes like he did towards the end. Granted, he should have been pick-6'd by whoever that Steeler dude was late in 4th (#20?), and Will Allen dropped an easy pick too, but by then we were short of options and Os was getting desperate. The kid has played above average football, and we've invested so much in him for the future that we should stick with him and go. He is going to be our starting QB going into next season, so let the kid take his lumps, learn and move on.

Thoughts?

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What needs to be questioned here is the coaching. This team bullied Pittsburgh in their own stadium in the first half, got punched in the mouth in the 2nd half and ran home to mommy. Hillman sucks. Vernon Davis pisses me off. Every one of our o linemen should be cut. I have no clue what is up with Demaryious. He played hard for his payday and looks like he is uninterested in the game at times. He plays with zero fire. I've never seen a dude with his size/speed combo get knocked off his routes so routinely. And the 50/50 balls that he would always come down with are a thing of the past. Sanders is the only wideout on this squad that is playing like he has a set of nuts. I'm afraid we are going to regret signing DT to this contract, he should be ashamed of the way he's playing

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was so pissed yesterday when DT dropped that pass late, spit out his mouth piece and kind of smirked.......I was like WTF are you smiling about?

And I thought Vernon Davis was one of the toughest TE's in the league? He let up on that crucial pass yesterday cause he knew Mike Mitchell was going to lean on him. Two weeks in a row with potential game saving drops. His blocking has been phenomenal though......I will give him that.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say, after watching this kid, Osweiler, he is going to be a damn good QB!!!
I just don't think it is going to be for the Broncos. I think the second Manning is healthy, he will be under center.
Elway wants a title and I don't see him allowing Osweiler leading them to that title!! And I think someone will snag this kid the first chance they get.

Good luck the rest of the way Bronco Fans.....

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say, after watching this kid, Osweiler, he is going to be a damn good QB!!!
I just don't think it is going to be for the Broncos. I think the second Manning is healthy, he will be under center.
Elway wants a title and I don't see him allowing Osweiler leading them to that title!! And I think someone will snag this kid the first chance they get.

Good luck the rest of the way Bronco Fans.....

I got to disagree. I think Elway has already moved on from the "SB now" mentality. No way he brings in Kubiak expecting Manning to run that system and win a SB. Kubiak's system and Manning do not mix. On top of that, we did not have the TEs and OL to run the ZBS.

I think Elway still wants that SB but knows he needs to start a transition to keep the team running over the next few years. I don't think Manning returns next year.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to disagree. I think Elway has already moved on from the "SB now" mentality. No way he brings in Kubiak expecting Manning to run that system and win a SB. Kubiak's system and Manning do not mix. On top of that, we did not have the TEs and OL to run the ZBS.

I think Elway still wants that SB but knows he needs to start a transition to keep the team running over the next few years. I don't think Manning returns next year.

Honestly, I hope you are right. Osweiler seems like he will be a good fit and looks like a solid QB.
BUT, with no one saying either way what is going to happen when Manning returns makes you wonder WTF they are planning to do.

I understand that they don't want to break Osweiler's spirit by saying when Manning is healthy he's in, But Manning or not, Osweiler is the better fit in this offense.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I hope you are right. Osweiler seems like he will be a good fit and looks like a solid QB.
BUT, with no one saying either way what is going to happen when Manning returns makes you wonder WTF they are planning to do.

I understand that they don't want to break Osweiler's spirit by saying when Manning is healthy he's in, But Manning or not, Osweiler is the better fit in this offense.
Elway won't stick with Manning past this season. Too many injuries piling up for that to happen. It's Manning that will either retire or be snatched up by another team.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With either offense, the book has been written, crowd the WRs at the LOS and shut this offense down and Kubiak can hope the defense scores a TD .

Straight up I'd rather watch Manning run his offense instead of watching Kubiak run his becuase I know Manning's making adjustments on every play which could be a detriment but from the 40 with 2 minutes to go needing a TD I'd rather have Manning

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Broncos need to stick with Osweiler for a couple of reasons. One, I just don't see Manning coming back to the Broncos next year. With the way Osweiler has stepped up these past few weeks taking over for Manning, it's obvious that he is the Broncos' QB of the future. The Broncos have definitely regressed over the past few weeks, but I don't see how bringing Manning back in is going to change the outcome of the season and take the Broncos to the SB. Two, if the Broncos make it into the playoffs, I think there is a HUGE upside having Osweiler getting big game experience. Next year I see the AFC West being an absolute dog fight between the Broncos, Raiders and Chiefs, and Osweiler needs all the game experience he can get to be ready for next year.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Peyton gives them a better chance of winning the SB this year and I think Elway will go for it. I don't think Peyton will be a Bronco next year.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What percentage of plays did Oz take under center yesterday vs in the shotgun? Seemed like a lot in the shotgun. If that is what we are going to play, I'm more comfortable with Manning if he's healthy. If under center Manning won't succeed. But I had no confidence we had any chance to score after the INT yesterday - with Manning I would have had some hope.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play Manning and hope its GB game Manning not the rest of 15 Manning..

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been of the opinion all along that we've seen the last of Peyton Manning on the field in a Broncos uniform. I was also extremely frustrated with the 2nd half of play yesterday but I also think that it could have been even uglier had Manning played. At least Oz has some mobility and can work from under center a lot of the snaps. Osweiler is the Broncos future. Regardless of how the rest of this season plays out, he will benefit from continuing to lead the offense.

The Broncos need to beat Cincinnati next week on MNF and this fan thinks they will. That leaves the San Diego game left on the regular season slate and it would be a mistake to insert Manning at that time IMO. If we can win out, we'll capture our 5th straight AFCW title and hold the number 2 seed in the AFC playoffs. Stick with the hot hand.

I love Peyton Manning and cherish the time that he's been our quarterback. He restored a high level of relevancy to the Broncos organization and he's one of the greatest football players on and off the field. I've been very proud to have him as our quarterback but it's time for the next new chapter.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure the coaching stuff knows far better than I do how much injury affected Manning's poor play this year, how healthy he is right now, and which of the QBs give us the best chance to win going forward this year. To me, that is what the decision should be based on.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Manning is 100%, no secret foot injury no leftover rib damage I say we start him. A truly healthy Manning is still a great QB so I say we go with him.

Remember according to his father Peyton has had this injury all year so that would explain his terrible play at the beginning of the year, if he's healed he'll be a different player.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Manning is 100%, no secret foot injury no leftover rib damage I say we start him. A truly healthy Manning is still a great QB so I say we go with him.

Remember according to his father Peyton has had this injury all year so that would explain his terrible play at the beginning of the year, if he's healed he'll be a different player.

If the guy was smart as his rep he should have said, let me heal up and get 100% early in the season and be ready for stretch run. Esp in Kubes offense that isn't a great fit for him anyways.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've got scattered responses all over in different threads, but I'm wanting to know what is each persons take here? Do you want to see Manning back if he's 100% or would you rather stick with Os? I'm looking to see everybody's opinion whose seen Os play over the last 5 games. If you haven't seen Osweiler play, and just think we should defer back to Manning because he's a "HOF QB" and you haven't seen him play this year......then don't bother. I'm looking for honest, knowledgeable opinions here.

I personally do not know what Manning can give us anymore if he is 100%, and quite frankly I don't know just exactly how much his injuries were hampering him when he was playing. I don't think any of us would argue that MOST of his interceptions were because of flat out poor decision making, and didn't have a whole lot (tad speculation there) with his physical health.

That said, I would like to see this team stick with Osweiler for the rest of the year regardless of what happens. We've already seen some growing pains from #17, but had we been able to get any semblance of order on offense yesterday in the 2nd half, I don't think Os starts forcing passes like he did towards the end. Granted, he should have been pick-6'd by whoever that Steeler dude was late in 4th (#20?), and Will Allen dropped an easy pick too, but by then we were short of options and Os was getting desperate. The kid has played above average football, and we've invested so much in him for the future that we should stick with him and go. He is going to be our starting QB going into next season, so let the kid take his lumps, learn and move on.

Thoughts?

From a Peyton Manning fan...Osweiler. The OFC is going to be up and down much like it was vs PIT, but the DEF is good enough to keep the team competitive while he's getting more experience. IMO the talent is there to put the ball anywhere on the field...I think you ride out the season with Brock unless he gets hurt.

On this game...Butler started out in zone, rushing 4 and dropping 7..even when they sent more there wasn't much pressure, Osweiler torched them...2nd half, they went man and turned up the heat on him...understandably he made a few mistakes, but key drops hurt him when he made good throws that should have been caught.

Manning if 100% healthy...is still not the Manning of old...if Os loses the next two and looks kinda shaky. Manning would have to show me in practice he can make all the throws and if he could, I might give him the start in the playoff game, but the hook would be quick.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What percentage of plays did Oz take under center yesterday vs in the shotgun? Seemed like a lot in the shotgun. If that is what we are going to play, I'm more comfortable with Manning if he's healthy. If under center Manning won't succeed. But I had no confidence we had any chance to score after the INT yesterday - with Manning I would have had some hope.

That's exactly where my mind was at too. It just seemed the momentum had shifted too much in favor of Pittsburgh, and even being at the 40 I was just thinking...."this isn't going to happen". Os did play a good game though, first half was just ballin'. Just another straight collapse in the 2nd half, and those two drops by DT and Davis were just killers. Defense just absolutely got lit up in the 2nd half too......

I think I'm getting ulcers.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been of the opinion all along that we've seen the last of Peyton Manning on the field in a Broncos uniform. I was also extremely frustrated with the 2nd half of play yesterday but I also think that it could have been even uglier had Manning played. At least Oz has some mobility and can work from under center a lot of the snaps. Osweiler is the Broncos future. Regardless of how the rest of this season plays out, he will benefit from continuing to lead the offense.

The Broncos need to beat Cincinnati next week on MNF and this fan thinks they will. That leaves the San Diego game left on the regular season slate and it would be a mistake to insert Manning at that time IMO. If we can win out, we'll capture our 5th straight AFCW title and hold the number 2 seed in the AFC playoffs. Stick with the hot hand.

I love Peyton Manning and cherish the time that he's been our quarterback. He restored a high level of relevancy to the Broncos organization and he's one of the greatest football players on and off the field. I've been very proud to have him as our quarterback but it's time for the next new chapter.

Dead on

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off I don`t think Manning will get to 100% and unless Oz gets hurt, Manning has thrown his last pass for Denver. Secondly, I don`t think Oz has been the problem. I don`t think whoever his qbing this team would fair much better. There`s three things I see as the major problems on this team. 1. The O-line needs fixing, 2. As many of us see and have posted, this team lacks motivation, heart and desire to finish games. It`s been a prob ever since their back to back SB wins. Those teams weren't perfect but by God they played their hearts out for 4 qtrs. Haven`t seen that since. A lot of that is on the coaches who for one don`t seem to be able to inspire these guys like the Belicks, Carroll's, Kc`s coach,etc., and the players themselves as a group or have the talent to make adjustments during games. The play calling is unbelievable especially after half time. Denver just does not seem to have those special guys that can rally, demand 100% effort, unite the locker room like the special SB winning teams do. It`s mind boggling. That effort in 2nd half yesterday ,to me, was indicative to how this franchise has played since `97 &`98. There`s are special ingredients teams have to have enable to sucssed at a high level in this league and Denver is missing some key ingredients. Forget any Manning/Oz talk. Their issues are more prevalent than who`s under center. Right now, expect that this season is not going to end as we all hoped for at the beginning and that they at least battle for all their worth going forward and we all can at least say this team gave it everything they had.