• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Man this is gonna be a tough decision for Chip

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both look good. They both can move the ball. Foles with some turnovers but he still look good. Before the preseason games I was leaning towards Foles. But now, I dunno. Vick looks so comfortable and confident in the pocket. Vick might have the edge.

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both look good. They both can move the ball. Foles with some turnovers but he still look good. Before the preseason games I was leaning towards Foles. But now, I dunno. Vick looks so comfortable and confident in the pocket. Vick might have the edge.

What do you mean might have an edge. He is a vet and more experience. Vick will be the starting QB until he get's hurt.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is amazing how people are will to throw out 10 years of bad play for 2 preseason games. Vick has no doubt looked good, but it is the preseason with vanilla defenses, and Vick's history shows that he is not a good QB. I never heard of any player all of a sudden learning how to play a sport/position at 33.

The decision shouldn't really be that hard. It is clear, if he doesn't think this team is gonna make the playoffs (I don't see how they do or he could think they will), then you go with the younger guys and find out if one of them are the future. Him going with Vick leaves him no room for failure. He will receive A LOT of backlash from fans and media if he loses with Vick at the helm.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is amazing how people are will to throw out 10 years of bad play for 2 preseason games. Vick has no doubt looked good, but it is the preseason with vanilla defenses, and Vick's history shows that he is not a good QB. I never heard of any player all of a sudden learning how to play a sport/position at 33.

The decision shouldn't really be that hard. It is clear, if he doesn't think this team is gonna make the playoffs (I don't see how they do or he could think they will), then you go with the younger guys and find out if one of them are the future. Him going with Vick leaves him no room for failure. He will receive A LOT of backlash from fans and media if he loses with Vick at the helm.

I'd imagine if he feels he cant make the playoffs with Foles, then Foles isn't the guy for the future. If eagles miss the playoffs, expect a dual threat to be drafted next year, or the make a trade somehow. Foles isn't the guy IMO to lead this team under Chip for the next 3-4 years.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wanted Foles to win the job, but that throw last night for the INT struck me as the death knell for that chance. It is one thing to make a bad play (his fumble from last week). It is another to make a bad play and double down on it with a terrible mental mistake (fumbling the snap and then throwing off his back foot into a double team).

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd imagine if he feels he cant make the playoffs with Foles, then Foles isn't the guy for the future. If eagles miss the playoffs, expect a dual threat to be drafted next year, or the make a trade somehow. Foles isn't the guy IMO to lead this team under Chip for the next 3-4 years.

Here are my picks that I want the Eagles to draft. No particular order. DeAnthony Thomas, Clowney, or Braxton Miller. Miller may stay in college for another year just to become a developed passer. Really depends on our next QB at OSU and how we end our season?

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He very may not be, but he is young and you can't find out without playing him, which is exactly what the mistake would be if Chip Kelly picks Vick. Chip needs to play the young guys. Start Foles, if he fails, start Barkley, if he shows absolutely nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing because it would be unfair to judge Barkley on a few games during his rookie year like it is unfair to judge Foles on a few games on a bad team in his rookie year. We have young QBs on this team that need a chance. Not some overpaid, overrated, over the hill scrub in Mike Vick. He had 10 years to prove his worth. Enough giving him chances already. No other QB in the history of the NFL has been given this many chances.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that a 10 year vet cannot create any legitimate separation from a 2nd year player (with less than 10 career starts) should tell you all you need to know.

Starting Vick is a step backwards.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My boy Soul...... I wish you'd post here more

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and if Chip doesn't think Foles is the QB of the future, so he picks Vick and fails to do anything this year, then I don't trust him to pick the right QB in next years draft because he is obviously bad at recognizing QB talent at least. Picking Vick and failing ruins any reputation Chip is coming in here with, IMO, because it should be easier to realize what you got in Vick as opposed to a young QB who still needs learning.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is amazing how people are will to throw out 10 years of bad play for 2 preseason games. Vick has no doubt looked good, but it is the preseason with vanilla defenses,

Thank god some one else gets it.... He (being Vick) can't read a defense or coverage to save his life.
Chip goes with Foles hands down, Vick isnt your long term solution at QB so why put him out there..

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god some one else gets it.... He (being Vick) can't read a defense or coverage to save his life.
Chip goes with Foles hands down, Vick isnt your long term solution at QB so why put him out there..

No other QB or even player in NFL history has been given this many chances to succeed and kept failing. There is no reason why Vick should be out there unless Kelly truly believes Vick can stay healthy, he can make Vick a good QB, and we can AT LEAST get to the playoffs, and if Kelly truly believes any of them..... I question his intelligence. Sure our offense should be good, but our D won't be. This team isn't quite ready and while I think this team can make a quicker turnaround than most rebuilding projects...... I don't think it will be this year and I don't think Vick is the person for the job even if he could this year because even though others believe Vick is the best QB on this roster, I don't. If Kelly wants a fast QB, start Dixon. He at least is an unknown for the most part. Vick has shown to be crap his whole career.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sickfelon is right. Kelly has a bit of a grace period because no one is expecting too much from the Eagles this year. He has a window to figure out what he really has at QB to build his team for the future. Vick is not the future of the Eagles. Foles might be, but the only way to know is to play him. OF course he will make mistakes, all young QBs do. What you look for is does he improve as he gets more experience or does he continue to make the same mistakes (Vick still makes the same mistakes he did as a rookie). You guys need to know if Foles is your future. If not, you need to find your next franchise QB that can run Kelly's unique offense. This will most likely happen through the draft.

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sickfelon is right. Kelly has a bit of a grace period because no one is expecting too much from the Eagles this year. He has a window to figure out what he really has at QB to build his team for the future. Vick is not the future of the Eagles. Foles might be, but the only way to know is to play him. OF course he will make mistakes, all young QBs do. What you look for is does he improve as he gets more experience or does he continue to make the same mistakes (Vick still makes the same mistakes he did as a rookie). You guys need to know if Foles is your future. If not, you need to find your next franchise QB that can run Kelly's unique offense. This will most likely happen through the draft.

Agreed. Ron Mexico ballwashers will never understand this type of logic.

PhillyBoston781

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you figure starting the QB who has played BETTER all preseason will result in four FEWER wins?

Foles got his shot to compete for the starting job. He lost, fair and square, by every metric.

Because I've watched him fail miserably over the last two years. He's a step backwards for this team.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you figure starting the QB who has played BETTER all preseason will result in four FEWER wins?

Foles got his shot to compete for the starting job. He lost, fair and square, by every metric.

I don't know if starting Vick will or would have resulted in fewer wins, but I can honestly say that Vick sucks and this team is not good, and worse with him starting at QB. THIS IS PRESEASON WITH VANILLA DEFENSES. They will blitz heavy against Vick and he will choke and you all will be fooled because you all think he magically turned it around because of these preseason games. The best that could happen is, Shady has a great year, this D isn't that bad and the rest of the team can carry Vick.

Oh, and Washington should be a good test. Even though their D isn't that good, especially their D-backs...... Kerrigam is a beast and will give Vick nightmares. If Orakpo is playing too...... <shivers>

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, it's done. Vick is the starter......so everyone who don't like it, stop bitchin:deadhorse:. I wanted Foles as well. Even though Vick is having a good preseason, he's old news. What's done is done. Hopefully Vick will do well because this is his last chance in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, it's done. Vick is the starter......so everyone who don't like it, stop bitchin:deadhorse:. I wanted Foles as well. Even though Vick is having a good preseason, he's old news. What's done is done. Hopefully Vick will do well because this is his last chance in the NFL.

It isn't done with me until he does something or is gone. He needs to carry this team (not the other way around) to the playoffs and win at least 1 playoff game before I let up on him and this decision even a little bit, and if he does that this year, I expect him to keep it up next year (assuming he was resigned again) as well for me to let up on him and this decision. If this team fails to make the playoffs with Vick at the helm, I will be the first one calling for Chip Kelly's head.