• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Man that killed Sean Taylor gets 57 years.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man gets 57 years in prison in Sean Taylor's death - NFL.com

The man who prosecutors say fired the shot that killed Washington Redskins star Sean Taylor during a botched 2007 burglary was sentenced Thursday to more than 57 years in state prison.

Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Dennis Murphy imposed the sentence on Eric Rivera, 23, one of five Fort Myers-area men charged with Taylor's death after they broke into his house looking to steal cash. One has pleaded guilty and three others are still awaiting trial.

Rivera confessed to police on videotape that he shot Taylor after the NFL player confronted them at his bedroom door with a machete. In the confession, Rivera also said the group didn't realize Taylor would be home with a knee injury instead of playing a Redskins game against Tampa Bay.

"He lost his life defending and protecting his family," said assistant state attorney Reid Rubin in a closing statement. "They kicked the door in and they shot him and killed him, for no good reason."

He's getting off easy.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe it took so long to get thks conviction and sentence.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe it took so long to get thks conviction and sentence.

Well he is entitled to a fair and speedy trial. Should have been life, and once he gets out kills someone else he will get it.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he is entitled to a fair and speedy trial. Should have been life, and once he gets out kills someone else he will get it.

He'll be 80 when he gets out and I doubt he makes it that long. Prison life isn't good for longevity.

Sure, we don't get the satisfaction of seeing 'life' on his sentence but I really doubt he ever breaths free air again.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they have to serve the full sentence in FL or is there a chance for time off for good behavior ? Killing someone during the commission of a crime here in MI is slam dunk 1st degree life with no parole. The guy who just drove the car goes to jail forever here. No DP but at least we have that.