• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Man loses over $150K after betting on the Seahawks to beat the Rams

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To actually answer the OP'S question, no, this bet isn't dumber than deferring an overtime kickoff. This is just an "any given Sunday" scenario. Bellichick thought he was more clever than he actually is and the Jets made him pay for it.

Belichick left Glendale, AZ on 2/01/15 with Pete Carroll's balls in his back pocket. I'm sure he'll get over it.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've done this before with vcash. You see an easy win and you bet 1000 or 2000 vcash to get back 200 or 400. I've seen plenty of the "SportsHoopla High Rollers" do this as well. It's a common practice.

You don't do it for every "easy win" you see. You pick and choose the one that seems the surest bet. Given the momentum the Seahawks had and the downward spiral the Rams were in, the bet made sense.

What the bettor didn't take into consideration was how much of a pest the Rams are against the Seahawks no matter the circumstance.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread has nothing to do with the stupidity of betting on football.

Packer fans that are still butt hurt over a controversial call in the Seattle game 3 years ago. Its the 1 and only call that has ever gone against them in the entire history of the NFL and they still cant let it go. Those types of calls happen to the Lions every other week yet the fudgies get 1 against them in all of history and still cant get over it after 3 years.